“Fantastic Stay Bruh” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #31 of 215 Hotels in Myrtle Beach
GreenLeadersBronze level
“Fantastic Stay Bruh”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 15, 2013

Had a fantastic stay at Compass Cove the other night. Check-in was an easy process. Brittany and Dusty answered lots of my questions and patiently even with people behind me. The hot tub outside was great! I recommend the King Suite for the view and the bed was super comfy. The GM Justin saw me out on property and was super friendly as well. Coming back to the Cove soon!

Room Tip: Oceanfront King Suite, high floor
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
CompassCoveResort, Manager at Compass Cove Oceanfront Resort, responded to this review, February 23, 2013
Dear Billyintegrity89,

Thank you so much for your enthusiastic review of your recent stay with us at Compass Cove Resort! We are so glad that you enjoyed your stay and that our staff left a memorable impression with you! Here at Compass Cove we take great pride in our employees and will definitely pass along your comments to the appropriate departments. It is great to hear that you were able to take full advantage of the amenities on property, including the outdoor hot tubs! We hope that you are able to visit with us again soon and again, thank you so much for your comments.

caitlin.newman@compasscove.com

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (850)
Wilmington, North Carolina
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 15, 2013

I have stayed here many time and i'm usually pleased, but this time when I booked and ocean front cabana what I got was a bottom floor room behind the big blue tiki hut. This building blocks your whole ocean view, you have to leave your balcony to even see the ocean, yet they will still charge you ocean front price. When I walked back in to the reservation area the guy behind the counter said " I already know what you're going to say and we are all booked up" I said " that's terrible and you really shouldn't charge people for an ocean front room when you cant even see the ocean and a warning when I checked in would have been nice" he said " we have to list it as ocean front because it's on the ocean front side" I think it's really sad that they have obviously had enough complaints that I didn't even have to say a word yet they still charge people Ocean front prices and continue to ruin their guests time. When you are expecting to wake up and have coffee on your balcony while looking at the ocean and you get a big blue building instead not a good look for your hotel. My husband and I did notice that the room above us didn't seem to have anyone in it all night or the next day and didn't have a blocked view yet they were all booked up. There are to many hotels in MB to not accomidate your guest they can go elsewhere, loved this hotel but won't make this mistake again. BEWARE OF ROOM 112 THERE IS A SPECIAL REQUEST BOX WHEN BOOKING A RESERVATION MAKE SURE IF BOOKING OCEAN FRONT THAT YOU SAY NOT ROOM 112!!! maybe if enough people request to not be put in that room they will stop trying to rip people off, whoever thought putting a tiki hut in front of an ocean front room was a moron

Room Tip: Dont book ocean front room 112 view is blocked completly
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
CompassCoveResort, Manager at Compass Cove Oceanfront Resort, responded to this review, March 2, 2013
Dear bjm3299,

We would like to thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts on your recent stay with us at Compass Cove Resort and for your continued patronage. I would like to apologize that this trip was not as enjoyable as those in the past. Your comfort is our main priority and I am sorry that we could not accommodate you with a different room. During the winter months, many of our rooms undergo renovations as we are always striving to improve our resort for our guests. I hope you know that we do understand your frustration and hope that you will give us another chance in the future. Please feel free to contact me if you would like to further discuss the details of your stay. Again, thank you for choosing to stay at Compass Cove Resort.

Kind regards,

Taylor Robinson
Front Office Manager
taylor.robinson@compasscove.com
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 11, 2013

Ireally enjoyed my stay at this hotel!n I visited for the first time in January of this year, which is off-season. The pools were open, all jaccuzis operating, and the lazy river. Bar/restaurants in the hotel were great. The bartender Danielle is so much fun and makes your experience that much better. I recomend this place 100 percent!

Room Tip: Haqndicap rooms have a huge bathroom!!
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
CompassCoveResort, Manager at Compass Cove Oceanfront Resort, responded to this review, February 15, 2013
Dear PinkyANB,

We are so glad that you enjoyed your recent January stay with us at Compass Cove Resort! We hope that you were able to enjoy our many heated indoor and outdoor pools, hot tubs and lazy rivers! At Compass Cove we pride ourselves on our tremendous staff and are thrilled that Danielle was able to make your stay even more fun and memorable, we will gladly pass along your comments to her and our entire staff! Again, thank you so much for your kind words and we greatly look forward to seeing you again!

Grand Bend
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 10, 2013

\just a short distance from the Myrtle Beach Internation Airport, I recently made an overnight stay at this resort. I was somewhat concerned about the up front "resort" charge of twleve dollars. Next time I use an online service to book my room, I will make absolutely certain that there are no hidden extras. The check in process went smoothly and I was directed to a recently renovated "Schooner" room which had a spectacular ocean view. The room was very clean and all of the amenities were satisfactory. After a peaceful night's sleep, I awoke to a fabulous breakfast and was on my way. I visit Myrtle often. This is the first time I have stayed at Compass Cove, but I will definitely return.

Room Tip: the higher the better
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled solo
Dear William K,

We want to thank you so much for choosing Compass Cove Resort for your overnight get-a-way! We want to apologize that during the reservation process our staff did not inform you of the nightly resort fee. We would like to thank you for bringing that to our attention, and I assure you that we have addressed this with all guest services agents. We are thrilled to hear that the view from your Schooner room was beautiful and that you were able to get your day started with a hearty breakfast at the Compass Rose Breakfast Restaurant! We hope that when visiting the Myrtle Beach area you choose Compass Cove Oceanfront Resort and we look forward to seeing you soon!

Mansfield, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 8, 2013

We stayed here the last week in January, and although the weather was a little cold, the resort was awesome! They have two buildings with tons of pools and hot tubs. The room we had was an ocean view and it was very nice. The rooms were very clean and well appointed.

The only complaint we have is the beds just suck. Mine had an incline in the center of it that caused me to roll to one side or the other, and the couple I was with complained that their bed felt worn out.

Other than the beds, I would recommend this resort.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
CompassCoveResort, Manager at Compass Cove Oceanfront Resort, responded to this review, February 12, 2013
Dear Wyomingdan,

Thank you for taking the time to give a review of your most recent stay with us here at the Compass Cove! I am sorry to hear that you were not able to fully relax while you were staying with us. I have already addressed this issue with our management staff in an effort to resolve the issue. I am glad you were able to use our many pools and hot tubs throughout the property. I hope that we will see you again soon and please feel free to contact me with any concerns!

Justin Walton
Night Manager
justin.walton@compasscove.com
Knox, TN
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 2, 2013

This was our third stay at the Compass Cove. We've had fairly good experiences previously, but this experience was very poor. We paid extra for an ocean front room. The room was in front of the pool, which was being repaired, so instead of viewing the ocean, we had a view of the workers, plus the noise. The room looked as if it had stepped out of the 1960s. The bedspreads looked very old. The bathtub had chips out of it. Apparently, in the off season they send customers who use booking agent to their poorer quality rooms. This will be out last stay at this hotel.

Room Tip: Seems the lower floors are from the original hotel and haven't had much in the way of updates.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
CompassCoveResort, Manager at Compass Cove Oceanfront Resort, responded to this review, February 7, 2013
Dear C C,

Thank you for taking the time to give us a review of your most recent stay at Compass Cove Resort. I deeply apologize for the inconvenience you experienced due to the remodeling throughout the property. During the winter months, we take the opportunity to do upgrades to the resort in an effort to modernize our amenities for our guests. This year, we are updating the pool decks to visually pleasing pavers, purchasing new pool furniture and upgrading our wireless internet system. I hope you will allow us to redeem ourselves in the future and show you and your family a wonderful and relaxing vacation with the benefit of our upgrades to the property and rooms. Please feel free to contact me personally with any concerns that you may have.

Justin Walton
Night Manager
justin.walton@compasscove.com
Ontario
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 25, 2013

We stayed at this hotel as the 4th stop in a "land cruise" type vacation so we where pretty hotel wary by the time we arrived. The check in process was easy and we were given an "ocean view" room. Upon seeing the room and it's location we knew we had a problem. The room was ground floor and had a walk out door to the metered parking area. Yes I suppose with some effort we could see the ocean but this location combined with the "tiredness" of the room made for a miserable girl. A visit to the front desk and we were told they would try and make a change for us in the morning. True to their word we were moved to a much nicer room with an actual ocean front balcony. Moral of my story-these are condo's and not all rooms are alike. You hope to get lucky with a good owner that updates the unit but if you don't the front desk people are great and will help you out if they can. We were there in August and the ocean was perfect, we never even thought about going into any of the pools. One note is that the number they tout as "water features" include a fountain, kiddy pools etc so technically accurate practically not really but it's really only a point of amusement rather than irratation-kind of cute in it's own way. The location is kind of in the middle of the "strip" and while I enjoyed our stay very much we had to drive everywhere rather than if we had been more towards either end which would have had more "walkability". The parking is an issue, every time we drove out of the parking garage we knew odds were that we would not get a spot and would have to park across the street-not that fun but at least there was an alternative. Our kids are teens and there wasn't really anywhere they could go but if you have younger kids this would be a great place to stay. The only other problem we encountered was lack of internet service. We where in the lobby when others where complaining and someone said that perhaps if they just reset the router it would fix the problem. Staff took the advice and it worked! Again, flexible staff that are responsive in a meaningful way make this hotel a good choice.

Room Tip: Avoid "ocean view" be sure you are beachfront or ocean front and since the units are condo...
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
CompassCoveResort, Manager at Compass Cove Oceanfront Resort, responded to this review, January 28, 2013
Dear Bonnietheb,

Thank you very much for taking the time to review your stay with us here at the Compass Cove Resort. We sincerely apologize for the issues you encountered during you stay with us, but are very happy to hear that our staff was able to make adjustments for you to make your stay more enjoyable. We certainly hope that we have the opportunity to see you again next time you take a land cruise! Thank you again for staying with us.

Taylor Robinson
Front Office Manager
taylor.robinson@compasscove.com

Been to Compass Cove Oceanfront Resort? Share your experiences!