Went down to check out Coastal Carolina University and wanted to stay nearby but on the ocean. I saw Compass Cove was well rated by TripAdviisor users as well as another site. The price was terrific, $68 for a 2 room suite, important since we had 2 teenage girls with us. We stayed in the Mariner at an oceanfront Junior Mini Suite, it was quite comfortable and very clean. Upon arriving at our room we realized we were overlooking a pool which was undergoing renovations and so was not very aesthetically appealing but the front desk graciously and quickly moved us to a different suite overlooking beautiful palm trees and the pool. There are pools everywhere!! My kids loved it, pools, slides, lazy rivers, hot tubs galore. Due to the weather, the slides weren't operating but looked awesome. There is also a giant chess/checkers set there. The Mariner bldg is older than the Pinnacle, we spent most of our time in the indoor Pinnacle pools. They have heated and non heated outdoor pools and hot tubs too. There is plenty of parking available also. We didn't eat there so I can't comment on their food. It's in a quieter section of Myrtle Beach and you need a car to get places but that didn't bother us at all. Our suite had a fridge, microwave, stove and sink. Again, everything was very clean. The suite also had 2 flatscreen TV's even though the website said only one, that was a nice plus also, our room also had a chair so you didn't just have to sit in the bed. We had a nice balcony overlooking the ocean with 2 chairs on it. The furnishings and bedspreads aren't fancy, but this is the beach and I was quite happy with them. I think the Pinnacle is a little higher end and I would probably check out there rooms next time. I would definitely stay here again and on my next trip down, I probably will. All the employees were quite friendly too, especially Rachel, who worked at reservations. Good value!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A family favorite, conveniently located near the heart of Myrtle Beach, The Compass Cove Oceanfront Resort has been entertaining the Grand Strand and Myrtle Beach area visitors for generations. Accommodations include one, two & three bedroom condos, efficiencies and suites along 720 feet of oceanfront beach. Compass Cove is known for its array of amenities including their 23 pool features. Race down 2 water slides, splash about in 6 indoor and outdoor pools, relax and drift down 3 indoor and outdoor lazy rivers, soak away your worries in several jacuzzi hot tubs, and much more. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, MyrtleBeachHotels, Orbitz, Despegar.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Travelocity, TripOnline SA, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your Compass Cove Oceanfront Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Compass Cove Oceanfront Hotel Myrtle Beach
- Swamp Fox Myrtle Beach
- Hotel Compass Cove Oceanfront