If you are looking for an upscale property in Myrtle Beach, then I would recommend the Marriott Resort & Spa over the Anderson, Island Vista or Camelot by the Sea.
The resort has great service, two very large pools with access to others at the Villas (neighboring property) and has good food at the bar and restaurant. The food is pricey though for what it is.
I do like that the facility is extremely clean. The only drawback we have had so far is that there was one cheerio in our floor behind a chair hidden by the curtain....I would have probably missed it myself in cleaning, so I can cut some slack.
Service at the pool area is excellent, you just raise a flag that is attached to all chairs and they come right to you. I am a Platinum member at Marriott, therefore disappointed there is no free breakfast. I do like the free valet and internet though, which would have been paid for at other comparable hotels in the area.
The Marriott is not near any other hotels, so you have residential all around you and about 2.5 miles of beach before you reach other hotels on either side. Oversized hottub outside (16 people) and a nice indoor hottub and pool as well. There is a slide for the kids to keep them busy and is well staffed all day.
The drawbacks to me for this hotel are:
1. Small rooms for a beach stay as I traditionally like to have a kitchen on my beach stay to cook breakfast and eat a cheaper lunch.
2. No lazy river (all hotels should have this)
3. No "in-pool" lawn chairs. If you've never had this, it is a must when building new hotels...look up any RUI property in Mexico as they all have it.
For the price of $214.95 a night I would make a week stay of this property, but I would make a 5 night stay using 2 nights of Marriott points again.
We did get a very nice couples massage at the Spa and would recommend that to anyone.
****TV'S are not plasma......this does need to be upgraded****
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The hotel is ocean front,located in the upscale Grande Dunes community. Our guests enjoy the many amenities our AAA rated four diamond hotel has to offer! Consider championship golf, tennis,a work out in our fitness room, swim in our indoor or outdoor tropical ocean front pool,visit our on site European spa or relax and enjoy the simple but priceless pleasure of sitting on our pristine beach and soaking up the South Carolina sun. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Priceline, Hotwire, Marriott, Odigeo, Orbitz, Venere and Hotels.com so you can book your Marriott Resort at Grande Dunes Myrtle Beach reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Marriott Resort At Grande Dunes Myrtle Beach Hotel Myrtle Beach
- Marriott Myrtle Beach
- Myrtle Beach Marriott