“Oasis on the east coast! Fabulous!” 5 of 5 stars

Save up to 20% thru 5/3!
Ranked #30 of 215 Hotels in Myrtle Beach
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Winston Salem, North Carolina
“Oasis on the east coast! Fabulous!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 24, 2010

The Marriott Grande Dunes Resort and Spa is a jewel on the mid atlantic coast. Located in Myrtle Beach which is loaded with activities you feel secluded at this property. The rooms are wonderful and very compfortable. The facility offers wonderful beach, mulitple pools, and awsome service. The spa is one of the best I have experienced and I have been to several. You can not go wrong staying here on business or pleasure.

• Stayed May 2010, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (191)
Charlotte, NC
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 18, 2010

My husband and I took our 9 month old here for a long weekend. We enjoyed our stay. We had a choice of which newspaper to receive every morning (usa or wsj). The rooms were very clean. The service staff was very kind and grounds well kept. The pool area was also clean and the there were plenty of areas to sit. You can't see the ocean from the pool. They had quite a bit of landscaping blocking the ocean view from there. This isn't a big deal, just an observation.

The weird thing about this hotel is that none of the oceanview rooms have a balcony. You only get a balcony option w/oceanfront. Instead, they have french balconies for oceanview with windows that open. There were a LOT of activities going on at the same time - several conventions, a wedding on the patio that was quite loud for a while. Our room never could really cool down. It was on 65 all the time, but it was constantly humid and warm even w/all the blinds drawn. This made for a very uncomfortable rest. I often find this problem w/Marriotts unfortunately. No fan in the bathroom either. I had an "ick" feeling at all times in the room.

Overall, pretty good stay. Everything as expected, could have been better or worse!

• Stayed May 2010, traveled with family
na
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 17, 2010

We went for a weekend visit to Myrtle beach. We are both very familair with the area and wanted to stay somewhere new. I had heard great things about this hotel and was not disappointed. Even though they were fully booked the service was excellent. The bell staff greeted us immediately upon arrival and check in took only 5 minutes. They upgraded us to a partial ocean view ( from our reservation of a resort view). The room was on the 15th floor and had a lovely view. Every staff person we encountered from the initial bellman on introducted him or herself by name and asked if we needed anything. We went to the pools as soon as we checked in and they were sparkling clean with ample chairs and towels. The service at the pool was excellent also- just raise the flag attached to the chair and a wait person came right over. Even housekeeping service was above what I normally experience ( and I travel a lot for work). The room was really clean and all of our toileteries were organized and our suitcases were placed on luggage racks for us. Additionally, even though there was a large convention in the hotel we heard no noise at all in our room.
We had breakfast both mornings at the hotel and were completely satisfied. The waiters were very knowledgable of everything on the buffet and the menu. The buffet was beautiful with a great varierty of items including lots of fresh fruit. We did not have lunch or dinner at the hotel as we know a lot of local restaurants and had made plans but from what I saw being served poolside, everything looked good.
Throughout the hotel there were some nice extra touches- when we went for an early morning walk on the beach we saw that fruit and ice water had been set out for joggers and walkers. There is an area by the beach access with gorgeous hammocks and the beach access itself is great.
We would love to return here.

• Stayed May 2010, traveled as a couple
Richmond, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 9, 2010

On April 4 thru April 7, I was fortunate to be able to spend 3 nights and four days at this Superior Hotel with exceptional Services. From start to finish each aspect of my stay was exemplary! When I arrived the gentleman at the front desk was exceptionally courteous and sincere in communicating the myriad of services the hotel provided. The room was luxurious and provided every comfort that could possibly be required in a "Home away from Home." I especially enjoyed the one cup quick coffee machine for a first thing in the morning coffee fix.... The coffee was also the perfect blend! The pool area is a treasure! The sense of relaxation and beauty that is provided in the pool area is graciously accompanied by the glorious scene that one encounters as they walk down the lovely decking to the amazingly beautiful beach! I must say it was a sad time when our stay came to an end.! Please treat yourself to the Joys of this Hotel!
It is definitely a WINNER!!

• Stayed April 2010, traveled with family
Ishpeming, MI
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 7, 2010

I made a reservation on the Marriott Rewards website on March 23, 2010 for the Myrtle Beach Marriott Resort & Spa at Grande Dunes for a two night stay, 4/6-4/8. I received my Confirmation Number (also referred to as reservation number in the email), and "guaranteed" the room with my American Express Card. This respite on the beach was to be the culmination of a 2000 mile journey with my two exchange students and their friends, one of whom was looking forward to spending his 18th birthday on the beach at the Marriott. We arrived after midnight, exhausted but excited, until we were notified by admittedly courteous and apologetic staff that there was no room available. They paid for the night's stay and provided directions to the nearby Marina Inn. The alternate accomodations were fantastic, and a two bedroom suite was less money than the standard ocean-front room at the Marriott, so we opted to stay at the Marina Inn. The service has been stellar at the Marina Inn, and I'm considering cancelling my Marriott reservations for the return leg of the trip.

• Stayed April 2010, traveled with family
United States
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 21, 2010

Beware the sales desk for the timeshare next door also owned by Marriott. They say is it low-key no pressure but we found that not to be true. We listened to the spiel, thought the place was nice but there was no way we were saying yes then and there. At that point, the salesman (only experience must have been cars) became insulting, treating us as though we didn't have brains enough to spot a good deal. When I commented that we had agreed to give them an hour and we were already at the two hour mark and began to get up to leave, he very rudely told me to sit down, the presentation was not over. Well, as you can imagine, the presentation was indeed over! Hotel is nice but it really ruined my taste for all things Marriott. I filled out a survey they sent but of course haven't heard anything from them.

• Stayed November 2009, traveled as a couple
Frisco, Texas
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 16, 2010

I liked the property and location. I imagine the pool is very crowded in the summer with not enough pool space probably. Be prepared to get nickel- dimed with fees. They have a huge parking structure and you have to pay to park there. Paid parking in Myrtle Beach? They also charge for internet access.. I never understand how small hotels can have free wifi, parking and breakfast but large properties charge for everything.

I ran into a rude waiter for breakfast but the manager was polite and apologized for the waiters attitude.

I did love the outdoor hot tub and the beach area is terrific. And again the location in north Myrtle is great and you dont get that trashy MB feel up there.

• Stayed March 2010, traveled with friends

Been to Marriott Resort at Grande Dunes Myrtle Beach? Share your experiences!