We used Marriott Points and free certificates for our stay, because it was free I have very little negative to say about it.
Nice pool area, I think younger kids would like more in the way of activity pools (i.e. sprays, fountains, mini slides) etc. than this particular resort had. But the pools were wonderful and beautifully maintained. They did have one slide for your information. Towels were very accessible by dropping off a towel key and picking up two large fluffy towels for the beach.
Lots of the lay workers did speak very little English, which I thought was a little odd especially the workers that had to deal with the public alot. The towel girl for instance asked me to tell her the pronunciation of "dive" from her English/Spanish dictionary.
The room was nice and had a very good view of the grand strand beaches from the 12th floor. As mentioned in other reviews the rooms were not particularly roomy, I would expect around 400 sq ft for a resort room with two queens, these rooms were probably at best 330 square feet. It would help if you had a balcony room as it would make it seem more spacious. There are NOT alot of balcony rooms to be had at this resort though (less than 20% of the rooms I would guess).
I would highly recommend this resort to get away from the hectic activity closer to the Pavilion area of Myrtle Beach.
- Also Known As:
- Marriott Resort At Grande Dunes Myrtle Beach Hotel
- Marriott Resort At Grande Dunes Myrtle Beach Hotel Myrtle Beach
- Marriott Myrtle Beach
- Myrtle Beach Marriott
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The hotel is ocean front,located in the upscale Grande Dunes community. Our guests enjoy the many amenities our AAA rated four diamond hotel has to offer! Consider championship golf, tennis,a work out in our fitness room, swim in our indoor or outdoor tropical ocean front pool,visit our on site European spa or relax and enjoy the simple but priceless pleasure of sitting on our pristine beach and soaking up the South Carolina sun. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, Marriott, Booking.com, Expedia, Tingo, Priceline, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Venere and Agoda so you can book your Marriott Resort at Grande Dunes Myrtle Beach reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.