Stayed here recently with my wife and three kids. We had two rooms for 4 nights, for our first family trip to Myrtle. There's a lot to like here, but there are also a few items that could use work. First, the resort is almost in North Myrtle, so plan to drive to anything off campus. The service is terrific, everyone was very accommodating, on par with a Ritz or Four Seasons. The rooms are nice, although parts of the resort do look a little tired. We did have a palmetto bug in our room one evening, but I think that's simply a local hazard. My wife wasn't thrilled nonetheless. The restaurant, with terrific service as well, has a very nice brunch. Particularly friendly was the omelet bar chef. The pool area, with two pools, a waterside, a nice pool bar, and ping pong and bean bag toss; however, there are no pool attendants, and people reserve chairs for the day with towels, so you are outta luck if you get there anytime after 10. The pool is very close to the beach, so you can mix things up pretty easily. The pool is also close to a video game room for kids, which is a terrific touch, especially when they get hot or bored. Finally, there are a limited number of elevators in the building, so you are guaranteed a long wait and many stops, and if you're on the lower floors, you are likely going to have to let a few full elevators pass. Again, most of these minor annoyances could easily be fixed, and the service makes up for many, if not all, of them.
- Also Known As:
- Marriott Resort At Grande Dunes Myrtle Beach Hotel Myrtle Beach
- Marriott Resort At Grande Dunes Myrtle Beach Hotel
- Marriott Myrtle Beach
- Myrtle Beach Marriott
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The hotel is ocean front,located in the upscale Grande Dunes community. Our guests enjoy the many amenities our AAA rated four diamond hotel has to offer! Consider championship golf, tennis,a work out in our fitness room, swim in our indoor or outdoor tropical ocean front pool,visit our on site European spa or relax and enjoy the simple but priceless pleasure of sitting on our pristine beach and soaking up the South Carolina sun. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Marriott, AAA Travel Services, Booking.com, Priceline, Travelocity, Orbitz, Cheap Tickets, Expedia, Hotels.com and Tingo so you can book your Marriott Resort at Grande Dunes Myrtle Beach reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.