“An excellent place to stay in Myrtle Beach” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Free Parking
Ranked #38 of 214 hotels in Myrtle Beach
Mocksville, North Carolina, United States
“An excellent place to stay in Myrtle Beach”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 25, 2013

The service and ambiane was great. The bedding was superb and we are considering ordering a mattress set for our home and the room was in tip top shape. From check in to check out it was pleasurable, the food in Oceans 82 was great, and as usual the Marriott is top shelf.The hotel is located at the Northern end of Myrtle Beach and is away from the touristy section of the city, so it is quiet and reserved. Which makes it great to relax and get away from the hustle and bustle. It is convienent to plenty of restaraunts and not far from the resort activities available in Myrtle Beach. We would definitely stay there again.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple

681 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (152)
Ligonier, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 22, 2013

The staff at this Marriott resort are well trained and pleasant. The managers are incredibly diligent. My husband doesn't like pepper on french fries. He discovered at lunch that they peppered the fries so when we ordered sandwiches in the bar later that evening a manager overheard his request that they not pepper his fries. The manager - who wore a headset - was immediately talking to the kitchen taking care that an order would be prepared properly.

We only had a couple of meals at the hotel but they were very good. My Cuban salad was delicious and we enjoyed that sitting in the outside Cove restaurant by the pool.

Our stay was not during peak season so I do not know what life would be like at the resort with lots of people. The beach is a nice flat wide beach, like Hilton Head. It's good for walking. There are are four pools surrounded with tons of chaise lounges - each with a flag to raise for service.

There is a section of pagodas, hammocks, and padded chaise lounges that can be reserved when they are busy.

We reserved a room with an ocean view and balcony. When we arrived, the fellow at the front desk made a big deal about upgrading our room but the room we got is what we reserved in the first place so I don't get why he was talking about an upgrade.

The room was a bit disappointing. Though the daily housekeeping service was excellent, there were items in the room that need to be replaced. The in room menu was dirty and old. The bed skirt was stained. The balcony and room were a bit smaller than I expected, but the view was fantastic and it was so much fun watching the pelicans soar.

There was a safe in the room, a small refrigerator, but no mini bar.

The king size bed was extremely comfortable.

The bathroom was clean but nothing special.

This is a non-smoking resort hotel but there is a nice large covered porch area with comfortable chairs off the lobby and overlooking the pool area where you can smoke.

We had intended to use cab service and not rent a car. We did that for one day and while the cabbies were very helpful, we found that it made more sense to rent a car while staying at this Marriott. Daily valet parking is $18.

If I were to make one suggestion to management, I would say, get a full Starbuck's kiosk. We don't like a big breakfast and like to grab a pastry and coffee in the morning. Most Marriott properties have a Starbuck's on site. This one has the coffee available in the gift shop but no pastries, just fruit.

Room Tip: If you can afford ocean side, go for it. The view is what makes this Marriott special.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Durham, North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2013 via mobile

Oh man, where should I start. From check in to check out nothing but great service. The decor at this resort is out of this world. It's a bit pricey but well worth it if its in your budget. We only stayed here one night because we were unhappy with the accommodations booked the previous night. This will have to be a special occasion getaway.

• Stayed March 2013
Maine
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 11, 2013

I stayed here on a business trip in February. There wasn't much going on as this is the off season. The hotel itself was very nice, and the service was excellent in all respects. The hotel has a large pool and deck area, and is also right on the beach. I had an oceanview room with an excellent view.
I was checked in quickly, but on entering my room I found that it had not been made up from the prior guests. The front dest took care of this right away, including giving me a bunch of bonus points and then delivering a fruit and cheese platter to my room...nice touch!
I ate in the bar both nights, and the food was good. I was told that it was the same menu as the full service restaurant, and was a bit more comfortable. The Romanian waitress was very hospitable.
Overall a very nice resort in all respects...definitely worth a visit!

Columbia, South Carolina
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 2, 2013

The wife and myself enjoyed a three day stay here while her brother attended a dental convention in the hotel.

The check in area is larege and we were quickly taken care of. The only drawback was lack of recognition by the staff of my being a Silver level Marriot member. I had to ask if any upgrade rooms or beach front view rooms were available. "Not really" was the answer?

The rooms are clean but a little spartan and the wallpaper/paint looking a little tired.

The beds are very comfortable and parking is easy.

A good hotel and well located.

Room Tip: 15th floor beach front or view if you can get it.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
Columbia, South Carolina, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2013

Went there last weekend for a work conference. The room was nice and inviting, and the bed was super comfy. It was nice to be able to open the sliding glass door and hear the waves from the beach, although it was cold and rainy out that weekend. The staff was very accommodating and extremely pleasant. We had massages at the spa, which was beautiful, clean, and very relaxing. The only complaint I had was that the vanity in the bathroom was not cleaned very well, in fact the mouth wash was used by the previous guest and not thrown away. Overall, very good location, great staff and a real peaceful place to stay. Will defiantly stay there again when in Myrtle Beach.

Charleston, South Carolina
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 24, 2013

I attended a business convention at this hotel this past weekend. The staff were very helpful and friendly. I arrived slightly early for check in, and I was offered an ocean view upgrade in return for accepting double beds instead of a king bed. The view was great as seen in my uploaded photo. The food served during the convention was good. The Romanian waitress (unfortunately I can't remember her name) in the bar was very attentive with the group that I was socializing with. The drink prices were above average priced. The room itself was clean on the surface. My only complaint is I woke up with stuffed up sinuses. The panel door on the air conditioner was loose. I looked inside the unit and discovered a nasty unit. I did take a picture, but I decided not to upload it. House keeping does a fine job, but the maintenance department in this establishment needs some help. I would stay here again though.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business

Been to Marriott Resort at Grande Dunes Myrtle Beach? Share your experiences!