My family and I have been going to MB for the past 15 years and have stayed at a number of properties in the area. After not visitng for 3 yrs, we book a stay at the Marriott and it will now our favorite place to stay when visiting the area. The rooms are spacious and clean and, if it is within your budget, request an ocean front room. Those rooms have balconies where you can sit and have a drink and just watch the waves. This is a very classy hotel without the tackiness that is sometimnes found in MB properties. Even though there was a convention there at the same time we stayed, the hotel never seemed over crowded and there was always plenty of room in in the pool and by the beach. If you enjoy just relaxing, I would recommend renting the cabana chairs located just off the pool area. The rental is $30 per day, but you get 2 bottles of water, a bowl of fruit and a great area of shade to chill out and unwind.
While my family and I will stay here on our return trips to the area, I do have 3 small complaints that I would like to see the hotel address:
1. No in-room movies. It rained one night during our stay and my wife and I wanted to watch a movie after dinner but that entertainment option is not availible.
2. No shade by the pool. It would be nice if the pool area offered some umbrellas for people who do not want to just lay in the sun.
3. The food in the hotel was good, but with only 1 restaurant and an outdoor grill the food choices were a littel limited. You could eat lunch or dinner in the bar, but it was the same menu as the other restaurant..a little variety would be nice.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The hotel is ocean front,located in the upscale Grande Dunes community. Our guests enjoy the many amenities our AAA rated four diamond hotel has to offer! Consider championship golf, tennis,a work out in our fitness room, swim in our indoor or outdoor tropical ocean front pool,visit our on site European spa or relax and enjoy the simple but priceless pleasure of sitting on our pristine beach and soaking up the South Carolina sun. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Marriott, AAA Travel Services, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your Marriott Resort at Grande Dunes Myrtle Beach reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Marriott Resort At Grande Dunes Myrtle Beach Hotel Myrtle Beach
- Marriott Myrtle Beach
- Myrtle Beach Marriott