“The worst stay ever in my life!!!!!!!!!” 1 of 5 stars

Hotel deals
Announcement
Spring Free Night Special
Whitesboro, New York
“The worst stay ever in my life!!!!!!!!!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 9, 2013

After driving 15 hours ,we got to the resort and checked in. The non smoking room smelled like someone smoked a carton of cigarettes.Upon calling the front desk the phone just rang and no one answered.They must have been on their dinner break.I had to go to the front desk on the way to dinner and tell them.The person at the desk apologized.After dinner we proceeded to get to bed and we noticed there was no sheets ,blankets or pillows for the sofa bed and also no blankets for the rest of the beds.I then called the front desk and requested the items needed to get some sleep and they showed up 45 min later.At approx 530 am my mother in law who was sleeping on the murphy bed was awaken by dipping water from the room above.So once again we called the front desk and they said we could move to a different room so the 4 people in the room had to packup and move at 545 am.We arrived at the new room and my mother in law noticed 2 baby roaches on the stove to. She told the security guy who was so nice to help us and he asked if we wanted to get the room sprayed. The room next door had 3 bags of trash in the hallway.Maybe that was part of the problem. Anyway we went to sleep and prayed not to see any more roaches.Our prayers worked because we didn't see any more roaches that day.That morning tried to make coffee and the coffee maker didn't work so i called the front desk to get a replacement one along with some towels because the housekeeping staff was not around the whole time we were there.Three hours later I brought the coffee maker to the front desk and once again they apologized and said they would have one for us when we got back to our room. Our last night I woke up to a roach on the wall opposite my bed.I proceeded to get our luggage and get checked out .I informed the person at the front desk and she also apologized .I asked to speak to the manager. She said he won't be in until 9 am.I asked for a phone number to a supervisor and she said she didn't know who that was. The pros are great pool and beach The cons no housekeeping,poor management,thrash in the halls and just bad customer service.Atlantica could give me a free weeks stay and I wouldn.t let my dog stay there

Room Tip: use a different resort
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (114)
Eleanor, West Virginia
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 5, 2013

The smell, that is all I can say. Our room smelled so bad!. First the positive, the location is great, and the outdoor amenities were great. The room had an excellent layout, a 2 bedroom suite with a king in 1 room and a queen in the other, both with bathrooms. Now the bad, I was the last of 5 walking in the room and all I heard from the one's before me was ewww, and the smell was so bad it came into the hallway even. I went and bought candles, air freshener, cleaners, Lysol, febreze, nothing worked. I told management and they said they try to stop people from smoking but it was hard to catch them. This smell went beyond smoke, I just can't describe it. We also didn't have blankets on any of the beds or for the pullout, but the night manager and Troy from the front desk were quick to make sure it got corrected and followed up to make sure we did receive the blankets. Additionally the sheet was covered in pubic hair. We went and bought our own sheets.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 4, 2013 via mobile

The room we stayed in was very clean but the teenage kids that were there f or the wk were awful. Throwing stuff off the balconies at people. Throwing good and drinks in the hall way. The stay was average but I wouldn't stay there again and waist my money. They also had no manager or assistant manager on they both quit so the front desk was closed we had to check in at a hotel down the street.

• Stayed April 2013
Niagara Falls, Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 17, 2013

This was the second time that we have stayed in Palmetto/Atlantica Resort. Last year our stay was excellent, and because of that we wanted to return again this year. Unfortunately, this year's stay was not as pleasant. I have asthma, and use a breathing machine. When we went up to our room, as soon as we entered the door, the strong odor of smoke was very evident. We tried to air the room out, and after several attempts to get someone from housekeeping to come up, someone appeared with a can of air freshener. That didn't help. I found an ash tray under one of the chairs with 3 cigarette butts and ashes. How the housekeeping staff did not see this is very strange. Anyways, we were not satisfied at all in how this situation was handled. Playing phone tag with someone in charge was unacceptable. We were disappointed, because this is a great hotel in a great location, but found our stay less then expected.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Greenville, South Carolina
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 2, 2013

The penthouse suites are the best. It makes sense if you are 2 family's though. The balcony overlooks the ocean and the living room provides a fantastic ocean view. The kitchen and fridge are well stocked. The rooms are decent ( the bedrooms open out to the corridor and lacks privacy ). The elevator though is a real problem. Its the only one available and you might have to wait forever. Also, this is an annexe building beside the main one and the entrance is only allowed with a room key. This can be annoying . However, the location is really good and a walking distance from the shops ( if you are into that kind of thing). Overall a decent place to stay if you get good rates.

Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Tecumseh, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 27, 2013

The Atlantica is just like home. The one bedroom apartment we stayed in was comfortable, clean and modern. The staff at this facility are friendly and helpful. We really enjoyed our stay. The Atlantica is walking distance from the boardwalk which is the centre of all the activity in Myrtle Beach.

Room Tip: All the rooms have an ocean view, they face east so expect a bright early morning sun.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Guelph, ON
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 1, 2013

Stayed here for 2 nights between Christmas and New Years. Our view was awesome and the room was OK. However, it could use a real good cleaning. We arrived later in the evening and realized that there were no blankets on any of the beds - just some sheets and the bedspread. We called down to request some blankets and the front desk said they would send up the security guard with some blankets. He dropped off some blankets but we soon realized they weren't blankets - they were mattress covers. When I went down to the front desk to exchange the mattress covers for blankets I was told there were no blankets available. Now, the hotel was only at 50% capacity at best so the odds of there being no blankets available were practically nil. It seemed to me that the front desk staff and the security guard were just not interested in finding me some blankets. We drove to Wal-mart at 11pm to buy 2 blankets.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Dave R, General Manager at Atlantica Oceanfront Resort, responded to this review, January 4, 2013
I am sorry that you did not have a great experience at our property. We strive to have a clean and well maintained property with exceptional service and we clearly missed the mark. The blankets should have been on the beds and we do have plenty of them. Again, I do apologzie and please understand that we take your feedback seriously.

Dave Rodham

Been to Atlantica Oceanfront Resort? Share your experiences!