“Good and Bad” 3 of 5 stars

3.0 of 5 Condominium   |   1700 North Ocean Blvd, Myrtle Beach, SC 29577   |
St. Catharines, Canada
“Good and Bad”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 7, 2012

The price for the room was excellent and the amount of square footage was great. The large balcony was very enjoyable as well. The beds were comfortable and the room was adequate. You cannot beat the location at all, the pools were great. The house cleaning staff was terrible as they ask what you want done everyday and then they did not do what we asked. Also the elevators are very slow but in October it is not very busy so you don't have to worry but if going in the Summer ask for a lower floor so you can use the stairs.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Dave R, General Manager at Atlantica Oceanfront Resort, responded to this review, November 19, 2012
Thank you for your feedback. While we are glad you enjoyed our property I am dissapointed that you had some issues with housekeeping. I have brought them to the attention of our Director of Housekeeping and he will address them accordingly. As for the elevators, they can run slow at times primarily due to heavy usage at check out and check in. Again, we thank you for staying and we hope to see you soon.

Dave Rodham

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (105)
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 24, 2012

It was a beautiful hotel- not new by any means but we had a good stay! My one issue would be there was a day or two during our 5 day stay that housekeeping didnt make it to our rooms and we had to call down for towels etc. But they were brought to us right away! Staff was great!

• Stayed October 2012
Lynchburg, Virginia
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 21, 2012

Our stay at this resort was awful. 1- I requested a certain room type, and to be near the group I was traveling with, when made my reservation. But when I checked in we were put in a totally different room style and on a different floor, than the group we were traveling with. I called the office to inform them, and I was told you can request a certain room and floor but there was no guarantee you will get it. 2-Stains all over pilllows on sofa. 3- Pillows were nasty, 1 pillow appeared to have urine stains, and 2 had some type of brown/dark red stuff on them. I'm not sure if it was old blood or stool, but nasty all the same. I tried to call the front desk to make them aware, but no one ansewered the phone. We went to purchase new pillows. Then took the nasty pillows to the office, which is three building down the street. The person we gave the pillows to and complained to informed us that the condos were privately owned, and basiclly they weren't responsible for the pillows. I think this is unacceptable when your staff is cleaning the resort. Someone saw that nasty stuff and left it, just nasty. 4- I was told they had heated pools, but the pool inside was freezing. My kids couldn't even get in the pool because it was so cold. 5- House keeping was terrible, they only came one day during our stay. I called 3 times times to request housekeeping, but once again there was no ansewer. So I walked to the office I at 1pm to request service. We then left the resort for awhile, when we returned at 4pm housekeeping still had not come to our room. So I walked back to the office again, because no one would ansewer the phone in the office. I requested housekeeping again and toliet paper. The desk clerck gave me one roll of paper and called housekeeping again. 6- The beds were very hard and uncomfortable. I would not recommend this resort to anyone.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Dave R, General Manager at Atlantica Oceanfront Resort, responded to this review, October 23, 2012
I am very sorry about your recent experience at Atlantica. Given the limited number of rooms per floor and room types we cannot get groups together as requested all the time. We try to honor such requests, but we cannot all the time. The pillows are our responsiblilty and we do change them frequently as needed. We have a new Director of Housekeeping and he is working very hard with the staff to resolve the issues you encountered. Again, please accept my apology for a less than satisfactory stay at our property.

Kissimmee, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 8, 2012

We went on vacation to Charlotte and decided to stop in Myrtle Beach on our way home. I looked up condos and seen this one was reasonably priced on hotels.com, when we got to the hotel, as I did not book on-line, they actually gave us a better price. When we got in the room we were very surprised. It was huge, especially for the price, the room was clean and had great amenities, the view was beautiful. We choose the 11th floor to get a great view of the sun rise. They gave us a coupon for a free breakfast, which was very good. It was quiet and we were there while bike week was going on. We will definitely stay here again.

Room Tip: Make sure to get a room facing the beach so you can see the beautiful sunrise.
Stone Mountain, Georgia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 24, 2012

We checked in the Atlantica on Sept 20th and stayed in the Atlantica main building on the 13th floor (Penthouse). Well, for the price for this time of year, the room was ok, but if you are staying during peak season it would not be worth the price. I was disappointed that this was called the penthouse. The room was old with carpet very hard in bedrooms, bedding was very rough. My daughter kept complaining the bedspread was so rough it was irritating. There was gnats or some sort of small flying bugs very noticeable in the living and kitchen area. Upon arriving in our room and using the bathroom, I left for the store and begin itching in my lower back and welping up. I immediately thought of when I used the restroom, can't be sure, but a strange coincidence. Also, the maid service is not so good. The first full day they knocked on our door and said do you need anything. I asked for towels, although I had bought laundry detergent and begin washing previous used towels, since it didn't seem they were coming at all that day. Also, at most hotels the housekeeping service, comes in room to reload the towels, toilet tissue, dish washing detergent, soap, trash bags and check to see if bedding needs to be change. By the second day, there was no housekeeping, it appeared that everyone on the 13th floor had put out their trash near the door and towels. Still late at night it was still there. Apparently, no one from housekeeping came to the 13th floor at all that day. We had to start using kleenex for toilet tissue. No penthouse service was received at all.
We normally stay down further Forest Dunes or Dunes Village, the location this time was the best thing about the stay. Close to the Pavillion to walk, etc and not to croweded this time of year. It appeared the maintainence guy outside took pride in his job. When we are relaxing by the pool on Friday, he made everyone get up from the lodging chairs so that he could make sure that each was aligned together and if your chair was laid out flat or pushed back, he adjusted it so that it could be aligned with the other chairs. It was too funny! One lady even told him she would fix the chair once she move, since she wouldn't get up, he pushed the chair with her in it and pulled the back up. Another lady was suntanning laying flat and he made her get up, pulled the back up and aligned the chair with the others. He took pride in his job, but he disturbed the paying customers to meet his needs "only". I am glad he didn't come across an angry customer, because it would have not been pretty. That was very comical. He needs a raise or recognition. I wished he worked in housekeeping!

Room Tip: don't stay in Penthouse- not what it seems.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Dave R, General Manager at Atlantica Oceanfront Resort, responded to this review, October 8, 2012
Thank you for your feedback. I am sorry that you did not have a more enjoyable stay. We are working hard to improve our housekeeping and in fact have started a new Director of Housekeeping this week. I am happy that our maintenance staff was very attentive and they do a good job taking care of our guests. I hope that one day you and your family will return and stay with us again.

Augusta, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 24, 2012

We love this hotel and will never stay elsewhere!! Price was great, rooms were very nice and spacious, great location, love the pools!!! Was in walking distance to boardwalk and very short drive to broadway at beach.

• Stayed July 2012
Thank you for your positive feedback. We are really glad that you enjoyed your stay. We work very hard to provide a friendly, clean and well maintained property for our guests to enjoy. We hope that you return again soon.

Leesburg, VA
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 23, 2012

We had a terrible experience at Atlantica. We stayed in the "penthouse" suite. Our room was filthy, if you walked on the floor without shoes, your feet literally were black on the bottom. The carpet area felt slimy and there were stains on the couch. When we went to put groceries in the refrigerator, there was a long black hair on the shelf. Our first night stay, we got absolutely zero sleep because someone kept slamming doors all night long. At 3am we became so frustrated that we called the front desk. We were assured that they would send someone up to take care of the noise. Well, after another call to the front desk an hour later and still no relief from the slamming. We had to get dressed and walk two buildings down to the front desk at 5am. They sent a security guard up with us. The guard knocked on the door of the offending party and "talked" with them. Well, the slamming never did stop, so after a completely sleepless night we decided to go talk to the manager, David. He did absolutely nothing for us. He said that it was out of his hands because we rented from an owner and not directly through Atlantica. In a nutshell, his comments were "you didn't pay me, so my hands are tied". Wow....what terrible customer service!!!! Our second night stay we decided to sleep in the living area which had a pull our couch and murphy bed, because we thought it would be quieter. Upon pulling out the beds, we discovered dirty sheets with hairs and crumbs and also a nice drawing on the wall behind the murphy bed. There also was a mysterious "brown smear" on the wall behind the toilet, which was conveniently covered with towels. You couldn't pay me to stay at this "hotel" again. Absolutely dreadful!!!!!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
I am very sorry about your recent stay. As we discussed, as you did not rent directly from us, we had no way to compensate you for your issues. I did request you contact the owner who you did rent from and I never heard a response. The door near your room is unlocked as it is a fire escape. I will have security monitor it more frequently. Again I am sorry that your time at Atlantica was not more enjoyable.

Dave Rodham

Been to Atlantica Oceanfront Resort? Share your experiences!