“Last minute getaway” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #94 of 217 Hotels in Myrtle Beach
Spartanburg, South Carolina
“Last minute getaway”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 10, 2012

We stayed in the Atlantica Towers hotel. This was a last minute trip that we decided to take. We were very happy with the room for the price. We stayed in a 2 bedroom condo that had a full kitchen, dining and sleeper sofa and was oceanfront. One of the bedrooms was a king bed and the other queen, we also each had a full bathroom. The price was exceptional compared to the other hotel rates we checked on and more roomier. I only have two complaints and that our bed was really hard, my sister said her bed was a little hard too. My other complaint was the maid staff didn't come to change our trash or towels on second day. We were gone most of the day and when we got back our towels were still piled on the floor waiting to be changed. I would have called the front desk, but it was late and I knew no maid staff would be there. I'm sure it was an oversight and we didn't make it a big deal. We just shared and went on with our day. Just towels, anyways. All of the staff seemed nice and overall was happy with our stay. We aren't extremely picky, but for the price was great. I also liked how close the hotel is to everything. It is a short walk from the pier, Sky wheel and tons of restaurants.

Room Tip: Parking lots are across the street and they get full at night. The front desk clerk will give you a...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Dave R, General Manager at Atlantica Oceanfront Resort, responded to this review, September 13, 2012
Thank you for your positive feedback. We work very hard to provide a great environment for our guests and I'm glad you enjoyed it. I will address the housekeeping issue about service, that should not have happened. We appreciate your business and we hope to see you again soon.

Dave Rodham

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (127)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 6, 2012

I was very impressed with the customer service that was given.The night mgr,Chris Gerald went
above and beyond for me and my friends I travelled with.He personally checked us in,gave us
passes for breakfast,passes for one of the amusements and even a parking pass.After we got
checked in,Mr Gerald got a bellhop to take our luggage to our suite which was the 1bedroom
penthouse on the 14th floor and personally took us up there...what wonderful service!!!! The
suite was clean and smelled good,but most importantly the view of the ocean was breathtaking.
What I also liked was the location of the hotel,it is in the middle of everything.I really enjoyed my
stay at the Atlantica and can't wait to be back next year.
D Perkins

Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
Thank you for your very kind words about our property. We really appreciate you and your family staying with us. Chris works very hard to take care of guests and I am glad his work was noticed. We hope that you make a visit with a tradition and we hope to see you again soon.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 5, 2012

my vacation at the atlantica in myrtal beach sc was a relaxing and rewarding. chris gerald the night manager rolled out the carpet. when we arrived he checked us in,we got our room he had the bell guy to take our bags to our room and then he gave us our parking pass and breakfast passes. what a way to be treated. the room was clean with a microwave, stove and fridge and a beautiful ocean front view. i was in heaven. i would recommend my family and friends to stay here.

charlene b
raleigh nc

Room Tip: being on a higher floor it was less noise plus the view of the ocean seem better. i liked sitting o...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
Dave R, General Manager at Atlantica Oceanfront Resort, responded to this review, September 6, 2012
Thank you very much for your kind words about our property. I am very glad that Chris was able to take great care of you while you were here. I know we all really work hard to take care of our guests and I am glad you noticed. We hope to see you here again soon.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 5, 2012

We were very impressed with the location and the amenities of the hotel. The hotel staff was very friendly and professional. The suite was clean and inviting. Our stay was worth every penny spent. We stayed in the one bedroom penthouse. The ocean view was awesome!

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with friends
Thank you for your kind words about our property. We work really hard to provide a great experience at a fair vaule. More importantly we are really happy you enjoyed your visit to Myrtle Beach with us. We hope to see you and your family visit again soon.

Martinsville, Virginia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 28, 2012

We got the oceanfront deluxe condo and overall this room was very good for the price..More than i honestly expected. I hated that the bathroom did not have any shower curtains and the sofa was kind of worn out but for the most part i would definently stay here again!!
Pros: Nice and large room
Close to everything
Clean room
Big balcony with oceanfront view
PRICE

Cons: elevator was very slow(only ONE elevator for the whole building
No shower curtain in bathroom
Hallway downstairs and elevator smelled like pee
Parking lot is across the street
Housekeeping sucks

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
Dave R, General Manager at Atlantica Oceanfront Resort, responded to this review, August 30, 2012
Thank you for your feedback about our property. To clarify we do have two elevators in Atlantica. The first is on the north end of the building near the indoor pool. The second can be accessed from the south end or through the lobby. As for the parking, I cannot think of one property in Myrtle Beach that has made everyone happy with the way it is set up. I am still glad you enjoyed your stay and we hope you can return again.

Ashland, Kentucky
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 25, 2012 via mobile

We stayed in a one bedroom penthouse in Sept 2011. We were in town looking for an oceanfront condo to buy and actually thought we would buy there. My husband didn't like the parking lot or we probably would have bought there. But let me tell you, we absolutely loved the pool amenities!

Stayed September 2011, traveled solo
Dave R, General Manager at Atlantica Oceanfront Resort, responded to this review, August 26, 2012
Thank you for your feedback. I can understand the issue with the parking, but that is an issue at almost every property in Myrtle Beach. We hope that you can come back and visit us again soon.

North Carolina
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2012

We are staying in this facility right now, it is 2:50 pm and we have called 4 times requesting towels since no housekeeping staff have shown up. All of the people on the phone have apologized and assured me that towels are on the way! The most recent staff member hung up the phone on me! REALLY? Trying to find out who the property management company is to call them.......this is worse than a joke.

Room Tip: Rooms were not ready when we checked in, had to wait an additional 45 minutes, if you want to stay a...
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Dave R, General Manager at Atlantica Oceanfront Resort, responded to this review, August 25, 2012
I am very sorry for the poor service you recieved during your stay. We have worked hard to improve housekeeping service and it is obvious we have more work to do. Please accept my apologies for an unacceptable visit.