“my labor day vacation” 5 of 5 stars

Hotel deals
Raleigh, North Carolina
“my labor day vacation”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 5, 2012

my vacation at the atlantica in myrtal beach sc was a relaxing and rewarding. chris gerald the night manager rolled out the carpet. when we arrived he checked us in,we got our room he had the bell guy to take our bags to our room and then he gave us our parking pass and breakfast passes. what a way to be treated. the room was clean with a microwave, stove and fridge and a beautiful ocean front view. i was in heaven. i would recommend my family and friends to stay here.

charlene b
raleigh nc

Room Tip: being on a higher floor it was less noise plus the view of the ocean seem better. i liked sitting o...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
Dave R, General Manager at Atlantica Oceanfront Resort, responded to this review, September 6, 2012
Thank you very much for your kind words about our property. I am very glad that Chris was able to take great care of you while you were here. I know we all really work hard to take care of our guests and I am glad you noticed. We hope to see you here again soon.

Dave Rodham

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (109)
Raleigh, North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 5, 2012

We were very impressed with the location and the amenities of the hotel. The hotel staff was very friendly and professional. The suite was clean and inviting. Our stay was worth every penny spent. We stayed in the one bedroom penthouse. The ocean view was awesome!

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with friends
Thank you for your kind words about our property. We work really hard to provide a great experience at a fair vaule. More importantly we are really happy you enjoyed your visit to Myrtle Beach with us. We hope to see you and your family visit again soon.

Martinsville, Virginia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 28, 2012

We got the oceanfront deluxe condo and overall this room was very good for the price..More than i honestly expected. I hated that the bathroom did not have any shower curtains and the sofa was kind of worn out but for the most part i would definently stay here again!!
Pros: Nice and large room
Close to everything
Clean room
Big balcony with oceanfront view
PRICE

Cons: elevator was very slow(only ONE elevator for the whole building
No shower curtain in bathroom
Hallway downstairs and elevator smelled like pee
Parking lot is across the street
Housekeeping sucks

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
Dave R, General Manager at Atlantica Oceanfront Resort, responded to this review, August 30, 2012
Thank you for your feedback about our property. To clarify we do have two elevators in Atlantica. The first is on the north end of the building near the indoor pool. The second can be accessed from the south end or through the lobby. As for the parking, I cannot think of one property in Myrtle Beach that has made everyone happy with the way it is set up. I am still glad you enjoyed your stay and we hope you can return again.

Ashland, Kentucky
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 25, 2012 via mobile

We stayed in a one bedroom penthouse in Sept 2011. We were in town looking for an oceanfront condo to buy and actually thought we would buy there. My husband didn't like the parking lot or we probably would have bought there. But let me tell you, we absolutely loved the pool amenities!

Stayed September 2011, traveled solo
Dave R, General Manager at Atlantica Oceanfront Resort, responded to this review, August 26, 2012
Thank you for your feedback. I can understand the issue with the parking, but that is an issue at almost every property in Myrtle Beach. We hope that you can come back and visit us again soon.

North Carolina
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2012

We are staying in this facility right now, it is 2:50 pm and we have called 4 times requesting towels since no housekeeping staff have shown up. All of the people on the phone have apologized and assured me that towels are on the way! The most recent staff member hung up the phone on me! REALLY? Trying to find out who the property management company is to call them.......this is worse than a joke.

Room Tip: Rooms were not ready when we checked in, had to wait an additional 45 minutes, if you want to stay a...
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Dave R, General Manager at Atlantica Oceanfront Resort, responded to this review, August 25, 2012
I am very sorry for the poor service you recieved during your stay. We have worked hard to improve housekeeping service and it is obvious we have more work to do. Please accept my apologies for an unacceptable visit.

Burlington, North Carolina
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 16, 2012

(Ill start off with the good things, we lovedthe location right near the boardwalk and little ahops and things,we had a huge balcony we could all fit on the staff was very nice everytime we seen one of the staff they would smile and say hello or something!)Me and my family just got back last Saturday, we stayed a whole week here. We stayed in a privately owned unit. At the atlantic the rooms were small, VERY dirty, there was stuff everywhere on the blinds ceiling etc. We thought maybe since it was a privately owned one maybe that's why it was dirty but we talked to people that stayed in ones that werent and they still said it wasn't nice and it was dirty. This is NOT a place me and my family would go back to!!

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
I am sorry that you did not have a great stay at our property. I cannot vouche for the quality or service of units we do not rent. I can say we try our very best to provide a room and service that is worth your hard earned money. We do hope you rent through us one day in the future.

Liberty, NC
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2012

I saw the negative reviews and was a little concerned, but I've also visited Myrtle Beach many times and know what to expect. This is a very nice place to stay in Myrtle. Location is great for boardwalk activities and nearby restaurants. Our deluxe condo was quiet and clean. Pools were cleaned daily. Staff was very helpful and nice. There were several oceanfront pools to choose from, with lots of seating. My kids spent most of their pool time in the lazy river. Check in and check out were quick. Just be patient while waiting on elevators during those times. All MB highrise resorts have this dilemma. Parking is across the street, which I prefer to the cramped parking decks. We will be back next year. If you are extremely picky, you may be disappointed in something here. I come on vacation to relax and have fun, not critique every nook and cranny. This is a beach town so expect some sand or rust, but it shouldn't ruin your vacation.

Room Tip: Get a deluxe condo on a higher floor.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Dave R, General Manager at Atlantica Oceanfront Resort, responded to this review, August 16, 2012
Thank you very much for your kind words. We are working very hard to provide a great experience for our guests and I think it shows. Thanks for enjoying our property and we hope to see you again soon.

Dave Rodham

Been to Atlantica Oceanfront Resort? Share your experiences!