“No HOUSEKEEPING” 1 of 5 stars

3.0 of 5 Condominium   |   1700 North Ocean Blvd, Myrtle Beach, SC 29577   |
North Carolina
“No HOUSEKEEPING”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2012

We are staying in this facility right now, it is 2:50 pm and we have called 4 times requesting towels since no housekeeping staff have shown up. All of the people on the phone have apologized and assured me that towels are on the way! The most recent staff member hung up the phone on me! REALLY? Trying to find out who the property management company is to call them.......this is worse than a joke.

Room Tip: Rooms were not ready when we checked in, had to wait an additional 45 minutes, if you want to stay a...
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Dave R, General Manager at Atlantica Oceanfront Resort, responded to this review, August 25, 2012
I am very sorry for the poor service you recieved during your stay. We have worked hard to improve housekeeping service and it is obvious we have more work to do. Please accept my apologies for an unacceptable visit.

297 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (98)
Burlington, North Carolina
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 16, 2012

(Ill start off with the good things, we lovedthe location right near the boardwalk and little ahops and things,we had a huge balcony we could all fit on the staff was very nice everytime we seen one of the staff they would smile and say hello or something!)Me and my family just got back last Saturday, we stayed a whole week here. We stayed in a privately owned unit. At the atlantic the rooms were small, VERY dirty, there was stuff everywhere on the blinds ceiling etc. We thought maybe since it was a privately owned one maybe that's why it was dirty but we talked to people that stayed in ones that werent and they still said it wasn't nice and it was dirty. This is NOT a place me and my family would go back to!!

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
I am sorry that you did not have a great stay at our property. I cannot vouche for the quality or service of units we do not rent. I can say we try our very best to provide a room and service that is worth your hard earned money. We do hope you rent through us one day in the future.

Liberty, NC
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2012

I saw the negative reviews and was a little concerned, but I've also visited Myrtle Beach many times and know what to expect. This is a very nice place to stay in Myrtle. Location is great for boardwalk activities and nearby restaurants. Our deluxe condo was quiet and clean. Pools were cleaned daily. Staff was very helpful and nice. There were several oceanfront pools to choose from, with lots of seating. My kids spent most of their pool time in the lazy river. Check in and check out were quick. Just be patient while waiting on elevators during those times. All MB highrise resorts have this dilemma. Parking is across the street, which I prefer to the cramped parking decks. We will be back next year. If you are extremely picky, you may be disappointed in something here. I come on vacation to relax and have fun, not critique every nook and cranny. This is a beach town so expect some sand or rust, but it shouldn't ruin your vacation.

Room Tip: Get a deluxe condo on a higher floor.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Dave R, General Manager at Atlantica Oceanfront Resort, responded to this review, August 16, 2012
Thank you very much for your kind words. We are working very hard to provide a great experience for our guests and I think it shows. Thanks for enjoying our property and we hope to see you again soon.

4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 9, 2012 via mobile

Close to the downtown stuff. Lots a young folks. Lots of noise. Lots of kids. Check in was fast. Elevators were fast. Room was clean. Room service was fast enough. Parking was not good. Hard to find ice machine.

• Stayed August 2012
Thank you for staying with us and providing feedback. Our property represents a value in a great location with excellent people. We really are happy you enjoyed your stay and we hope to see you again soon.

NC
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 9, 2012

I too was a bit scared reading all the reviews. I had stayed there over Mother's Day and had a great experience so when I read the reviews I couldn't understand what happened so I came prepared with cleaning supplies. I called the resort and they reassured me they would do everything to make the stay pleasant. The rooms were fine, worn but clean. If you want affordable you have to be prepared for a bit of wear and tear, this is Myrtle Beach. Yes the elevators are slow but the pools were cleaned EVERY day and we even one was drained and cleaned, refilled, and up and ready the next day. Take advantage of maid service when the arrive at your door because they usually don't come back. Not sure why people complain about the parking, you unload right in front of the hotel then park across the street which is a very short distance. No parking fees which is a huge plus! Great location and great price for Myrtle Beach!

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with friends
Thank you for your positive feedback. We are really happy you stayed with us and enjoyed your time in Myrtle Beach. We hope to see you and your family again soon.

General Managet
Knoxville, Tennessee
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2012

We stayed here in a condo suite, whole family. Four kids, four adults. I had booked several months ago and began to read some terrible reviews, but I must say it was a great place to stay.. several swimming pools, indoor/outdoor + hot tubs. The staff was always very friendly. Room service has room for improvement as well as the mattresses are uncomfortable.. from my understanding this Hotel is under new management and they are continuing on improving on things.. Parking filled up fast and we had to park in the back lot (kinda far away), but we will be back again from Knoxville, Tennessee.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Dave R, General Manager at Atlantica Oceanfront Resort, responded to this review, August 9, 2012
Thank you very much for your positive feedback. We are a new management team and we are committed to working hard to provide a great experience for our guests. We value your business and we want you to return. Thank you for staying with us and we hope to see you again soon.

Rocky Mount, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 4, 2012

I had read a lot of the reviews before we left and was kinda scared to go, but I was very pleased with our room at the atlantica. It was clean and what i had reserved, pools were clean and staff was great. we even liked it enough to stay an extra night. we plan on going back next year!!!

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Thank you for coming to Myrtle Beach and enjoying our property. We have worked hard the last several weeks to improve our property and I think it shows. You have lots of vacation choices and we want to be your first. Thank you again for staying and we hope to see you again next year.

Dave Rodham

Been to Atlantica Oceanfront Resort? Share your experiences!