“Great Myrtle Beach Resort” 5 of 5 stars

You added Atlantica Oceanfront Resort to your Saves list
Atlantica Oceanfront Resort
3.0 of 5 Condominium   |   1700 North Ocean Blvd, Myrtle Beach, SC 29577   |
Liberty, NC
“Great Myrtle Beach Resort”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2012

I saw the negative reviews and was a little concerned, but I've also visited Myrtle Beach many times and know what to expect. This is a very nice place to stay in Myrtle. Location is great for boardwalk activities and nearby restaurants. Our deluxe condo was quiet and clean. Pools were cleaned daily. Staff was very helpful and nice. There were several oceanfront pools to choose from, with lots of seating. My kids spent most of their pool time in the lazy river. Check in and check out were quick. Just be patient while waiting on elevators during those times. All MB highrise resorts have this dilemma. Parking is across the street, which I prefer to the cramped parking decks. We will be back next year. If you are extremely picky, you may be disappointed in something here. I come on vacation to relax and have fun, not critique every nook and cranny. This is a beach town so expect some sand or rust, but it shouldn't ruin your vacation.

Room Tip: Get a deluxe condo on a higher floor.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Dave R, General Manager at Atlantica Oceanfront Resort, responded to this review, August 16, 2012
Thank you very much for your kind words. We are working very hard to provide a great experience for our guests and I think it shows. Thanks for enjoying our property and we hope to see you again soon.

Dave Rodham

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (105)
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 9, 2012 via mobile

Close to the downtown stuff. Lots a young folks. Lots of noise. Lots of kids. Check in was fast. Elevators were fast. Room was clean. Room service was fast enough. Parking was not good. Hard to find ice machine.

• Stayed August 2012
Thank you for staying with us and providing feedback. Our property represents a value in a great location with excellent people. We really are happy you enjoyed your stay and we hope to see you again soon.

NC
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 9, 2012

I too was a bit scared reading all the reviews. I had stayed there over Mother's Day and had a great experience so when I read the reviews I couldn't understand what happened so I came prepared with cleaning supplies. I called the resort and they reassured me they would do everything to make the stay pleasant. The rooms were fine, worn but clean. If you want affordable you have to be prepared for a bit of wear and tear, this is Myrtle Beach. Yes the elevators are slow but the pools were cleaned EVERY day and we even one was drained and cleaned, refilled, and up and ready the next day. Take advantage of maid service when the arrive at your door because they usually don't come back. Not sure why people complain about the parking, you unload right in front of the hotel then park across the street which is a very short distance. No parking fees which is a huge plus! Great location and great price for Myrtle Beach!

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with friends
Dave R, General Manager at Atlantica Oceanfront Resort, responded to this review, August 25, 2012
Thank you for your positive feedback. We are really happy you stayed with us and enjoyed your time in Myrtle Beach. We hope to see you and your family again soon.

General Managet
Knoxville, Tennessee
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2012

We stayed here in a condo suite, whole family. Four kids, four adults. I had booked several months ago and began to read some terrible reviews, but I must say it was a great place to stay.. several swimming pools, indoor/outdoor + hot tubs. The staff was always very friendly. Room service has room for improvement as well as the mattresses are uncomfortable.. from my understanding this Hotel is under new management and they are continuing on improving on things.. Parking filled up fast and we had to park in the back lot (kinda far away), but we will be back again from Knoxville, Tennessee.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Dave R, General Manager at Atlantica Oceanfront Resort, responded to this review, August 9, 2012
Thank you very much for your positive feedback. We are a new management team and we are committed to working hard to provide a great experience for our guests. We value your business and we want you to return. Thank you for staying with us and we hope to see you again soon.

Rocky Mount, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 4, 2012

I had read a lot of the reviews before we left and was kinda scared to go, but I was very pleased with our room at the atlantica. It was clean and what i had reserved, pools were clean and staff was great. we even liked it enough to stay an extra night. we plan on going back next year!!!

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Thank you for coming to Myrtle Beach and enjoying our property. We have worked hard the last several weeks to improve our property and I think it shows. You have lots of vacation choices and we want to be your first. Thank you again for staying and we hope to see you again next year.

Bridgeport, West Virginia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 4, 2012

We stayed at the Atlantica Resort in July 2012. The hotel itself is locatedwithin close walking distance of many of the Ocean Blvd activities, the Skywheel, Slingshot, and many shops. Also within walking distance is the Ripley's Museum. The staff at the Atlantica were very pleasant. About a month before we arrived we had to change our dates and the individuals on the phone were very accomodating. The front desk staff were very polite, everything was explained to us when we checked in as far as pool usage and parking. The cleaning staff and maintenance personnel were also very friendly. They would ask how your stay was going even in the hallways. When the crib we ask for was not available the management offered to go purchase one. We declined and they made onavailable the next day. I am a believer that customer service no longer exist let alone friendly customer service. But the place proved me wrong. When we decided to stay another night the staff worked it out with no problem. There was plenty of swimming choices between all of the buldings and easy access to the beach. We stayed in a two-bedroom condo that had plenty of space.
There were a few things that were not great but managable. Some of the parking is farther away than most. However, they have a golf cart shuttle available during the day. The matresses were not very comfortable. On a rainy day when were inside, the tv channels were limited and the channels listed on the tvs themselves did not correspond with the guide. There were very few preschool channels such as NICKJR or Disney JR.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Thank you for staying with us this summer. I believe we are a great property with a great location and great people. I can understand some of your concerns. To be honest I have not see a property in Myrtle Beach win praise for its parking. As for the TV Channels, that is a tough one to manage but I believe overall we have as much as anyone else. We are happy you stayed with us and we hope to see you again soon.

Raleigh
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 2, 2012

I have never written a review before, but I was compelled to do so after my visit to the Atlantica Resort in Myrtle Beach. I was first blown away by the Manager, Chris Gearld. He told me that he would do all he could to make my wife and I happy for our 1st year anniversary. He mentioned, they were going through some changes to make their hotel a great place to visit. I noticed every one on the staff was on the same page. Rachel Ann checked us in and made the check in quick and easy. She was friendly and personable, a big plus!!! Your front line is the first impression a customer will receive. I'm in the service/retail business and customer service is everything. They gave me great service!!! As I mentioned, everyone is on the same page. Rives is one of the Maintenance workers and he greeted me in the elevator with a smile and courteous conversation. His words, mimicked the Manager.....we want to make this a great place to visit. If you need anything just call and I'll be there. True to his word...we needed another remote for the room, with in 15 minutes he was there!
Throughout our visit, evryone we came in contact with, had the same attitude. AMAZING!!!! I'm so impressed with the staff, I forgot to mention the rooms. We stayed in the condo side. The condo was clean and modern. We had a ball and will be back!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Thanks EVERYONE!!!! I wish I could call you all by name. CHRIS you did a GREAT JOB...THANKS!

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
Thanks for a very positive review. I belive our staff is as good as any on the beach. Chris really takes pride in helping guests everyday. Rachel and Rives also take pride in what they do. I really appreciate taking the time to single them out for their service. Many people do not take the time to do that. We are very happy you stayed with us and we hope to see you again soon.

Dave Rodham

Been to Atlantica Oceanfront Resort? Share your experiences!