“Would do it again” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Myrtlewood Villas

You added Myrtlewood Villas to your Saves list
Myrtlewood Villas
3.0 of 5 Condominium   |   1410 48th Avenue North Ext, Myrtle Beach, SC 29577   |
Katy, Texas
“Would do it again”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2013

We stayed at Myrtlewood Villas during Ripken Tournament. We were very pleased with our room. The room was clean, décor was nice. We were in 3 bedroom condo and we had plenty of space! We did not feel cramped in or stuffy. We had 2 "problems"...the room was not ready but we went grocery shopping until it was and they called before we were done. The other was we were supposed to have a king bed but had 2 twins put together. In their defense, we upgraded to 3 bedroom a week before going. There was very little traffic going through complex and it was quiet. We would choose to stay here again.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (90)
Long Island NY
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2013

We were here for a Ripken tournament and stayed at the Villas (a Ripken preferred property). The unit was dirty...the carpet was beyond gross, stained and filthy. The walls were dirty. The
furniture was old. The coffee pot, toaster and kitchen stuff was old and useless. The neighbor below us banged on our door one morning and wanted us to stop walking around so much! Wish we would have believed the reviews and stayed somewhere else. Do yourself a favor and spend your money staying in a nice place on the beach! This place isn't worth it!!!

Room Tip: Go somewhere else.....stay on the beach!!!!
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
Charleston, South Carolina, United States
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2013

There is not one good thing I can say about this place - buyer beware. Do not believe a thing you hear in the video. We arrived at 4 pm to check in and were told our room was not ready and that we would receive a call when it was ready. That call never came. At 6 pm, with 2 small children in tow, we returned to the check in and were finally given our room keys. Driving to our first room assignment, I saw numerous pets in this pet free accommodation. We entered the room, and I felt like I had traveled back in time to the 1980's - there was nothing modern about this 2 bedroom condo and I don't believe it had been cleaned or aired out since the 1980's. We returned to the check in where we were assigned another room, by a very unfriendly check in clerk. When I asked him if he knew about the issue wit the condo he responded "we don't look at the condo's, we just assign them". He assigned a new unit to us, without any sort of apology. Unit # 2 was as disgusting, smelly and dirty as the first. My family and I decided to leave this property immediately. Again, no apology was offered from the front desk. This place needs to be gutted, fumigated, cleaned up and hire new staff with some type of customer service experience.

Room Tip: Do not stay here!
Charlotte
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2013

The front desk attendant was extremely rude, and unprofessional. We scheduled for a 3-night stay but was mistakenly booked for a 2-night stay. The man at the front desk insinuated that we were trying to stay without paying, really? He said we could pay or get out now; but the fact of the matter is that our keys were still working and my guy was at the front desk clearing up the bill for Monday morning! Some people need a course in customer service. This put a bad taste in our mouth regarding the trip. Also the bed was a brick rather than a mattress.

Room Tip: Perhaps add pillow tops or liners to the mattresses and have a workshop on customer service.
Columbia, SC
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2013

I loved the reviews of this place online. However, the truth for my family was very different. We checked in on July the third and expected a modern, clean 2 bedroom villa. We discovered a roach in the master bathroom when we checked in. When I called and spoke to Jason, he stated it was a Palmetto bug and someone from maintanence would come and spray the room. We noticed the furniture was dated ( do not expect the furniture pictured online), and the carpet was stained. The next day we were greeted by roaches in the second bathroom and on the kitchen countertop. I was prepared with pictures when I went to the front desk and requested another 2 bedroom condo or 2 separate rooms. I received neither. My family and I left the property early and I am embarassed to say I booked the room because my family deserved a great 4th of July trip.

providence, ri
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 5, 2013 via mobile

We went for my bachelor party with a group of 9 including myself. We had 3 rooms 2 in one building and the last in another. I must say the room I stayed I. Had fully tiled bathrooms and hardwood floors. My friends room had carpet but wa equally nice. They had great views of the golf course and enough room for 9 guys to share pizza and some beers after a round. The staff at the front desk were friendly and vibrant as well as the manager. He was most helpful and courteous. We ha a flight delay and he let us stay in our room for a couple of hours so we weren't sitting in an airport all night. We all loves this place though there was no breakfast nearby. We made due and are looking to book this a our annual golf outing hotel/villa. We'll be back myrtle!!

• Stayed June 2013
New Philadelphia, Ohio
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 2, 2013

We were here for a softball tournament and had a block of rooms booked. The only reason I did not give 5 stars is because our rooms were not together and were scattered about the complex which was quite large. We had to drive to get to our girls rooms. (All the girls stayed together in two 3 bedroom units with chaperones). Depending on how many bedrooms, there are different units for each so I get that, but even those of us who had only 2 bedrooms were not very close. Our was a 2 bedroom and was beautiful. It was very clean, nicely decorated, wood floors, nice bathrooms. Full size appliances in kitchen and washer and dryer combo in all units. The 3 bedroom units were fairly new with granite counter tops and they were just beautiful too, and large! Free wifi in the rooms too. Nice flat screen TV's with a variety of channels. There are outdoor pools scattered throughout the complex and ours was right outside our patio. It was small, but clean and nice. Too cool to swim when we went in April though. The indoor pool was okay. It had a lazy river but that pool overall could use some upgrades. Again not very large, no air circulation in there. Myrtlewood was literally about 5 minutes away from the fields we were playing on. There is a CVS pharmacy across the street which was great for our last minute needs. Grocery shopping was also close...Wal-Mart down the road was nice, and actually less expensive than ours in Ohio.
I did also get to see another two bedroom that one of the coaches were staying in. It was run down and and need of updates. The carpet was very stained in this unit. Also, no trash pick up. You have to take your trash to the entrance to put in dumpster. Did not see one close to our unit. Typically you can leave a bad of trash outside your room to be picked up but not here.
Overall, I would definitely stay here again with my family!

Room Tip: Ask for the recently remodeled or newly built rooms. 1st floor rooms have easy access to the pool...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with family

Been to Myrtlewood Villas? Share your experiences!