“Spacious Rooms & Great Fitness Room” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Myrtlewood Villas

You added Myrtlewood Villas to your Saves list
Myrtlewood Villas
3.0 of 5 Condominium   |   1410 48th Avenue North Ext, Myrtle Beach, SC 29577   |
Charleston, South Carolina
“Spacious Rooms & Great Fitness Room”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 3, 2012

I really enjoyed my stay there with my family, but was ONLY disappointed with paying resort fees because I have Time Share:( which practically put me in the same price range if not more than regular pricing!! Also the dumpsters wasn't in walking distance from my condo so I had to put trash on vehicle trunk!! Besides those pains It was VERY ROOMY & ABSOLUTELY BEAUTIFUL Condo!! Fitness Room was Great as well!!

Room Tip: Ask for a GREAT Updated Owner Room!! Please bring dish washing liquid & laundry detergent!!
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (87)
upper state south carolina
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 1, 2012

Bldg 4695 room 102! Why do people think this is a HOTEL? The condos are owned by people who rent them out while not in use. call a few days before and get specific on your needs (ie king bed, new building, need first floor etc)
you are only going to be given the bare minimum things for your stay, much like if you rented a cabin for camping! Bring items you know you will need for specific cooking etc. our unit here had plenty of glasses and dishes for the maxium occupancy allowed. but pots and pans were cheap and crappy

Any door you see that does not have the card slide on the door handle is someone's home- they aren't on vacation they live there, so be courtious and don't be loud and obnoxious and keep your children in check!

We very much enjoyed our stay here. yes the 2 bedroom condo we rented was not immaculate, but it was exactlly what i expected. Fairly clean and it was nice that it was freshly painted (although the painters were lazy dummies). the hard flooring also looked new. the carpets in the bedrooms were badly stained- but when you get a bunch of YA-whos that don't give a crap about others propety that is what happens!

The "rugs" in kitchen and under coffee table looked like maybe they were cut out leftovers from the replaced flooring of hard wood.
the bathrooms fixtures were outdated and needed updating. the door leading to balcony in master bedroom had a keyed dead bolt and was unusable by renters (this did not bother me since there was a sliding door)

we booked through expedia and were allowed the use of the indoor pool and lazy river. which those were far away from our unit. But there was a pool right outside our unit.

Expect to do a little minor cleaning when you get there, I don't think that the cleaning people are actually employees of the resort but most likely contracted out by either the owner or by the resort on behalf of the owner. they do the minimum. And they don't remove items left in the refrigerator! so please throw away your stuff! I brought a few cleaning items with me, but the unit did have a swiffer sweeper along with a few cloths for it. broom, mop, vacuum.

The condo had enough towels (thin white hotel type), wash cloths, hand towels for each person. They provided 1 soap for dishwasher, 2 bags for kitchen trash, many bags for bathroom trash. hotel type bar soaps and small shampoo and a small lotion. and a roll of paper towels and scratchy toilet paper.

******THERE IS A 24 hour Bi-lo and CVS very near by! ******

The beds were nice. 2 twins and a queen (they can push the twins together to make a king and should provide a insert for the center). there was the goose down type bed cover under the sheet that made it very comfy. there were a few extra blankets but the beds are typically sheets and a comforter only and 1 pillow per person. It's the beach and typically hot! so if you are cold natured bring a blanket from home.Also Remember the owner puts the furniture in here for their needs. There may be 4 twins, just depends on the owner- could be a single guy who comes and golfs with buddies!

Expcept for the inconsiderate neighbor from NY who kept taking the only handicap van accessible spot out front- in which two spaces over was actually less walking distance to their door!! which made us have to back my huge van in everytime in order to use my son's wheelchair lift and we prayed no one parked next to us! we had a nice stay.

SO TIPS**** Bring dish washer tablets, extra kitchen trash bags, bath soap, soft toilet paper, shampoo/conditioner, extra roll of paper towels. any pot or pan that you feel you may need or maybe some disposable casserole pans. (hand wash dish liquid and a scrubber of some sort for stuck on stuff). Dust cloths (i brought 2 swiffer sweeper dry cloths) laundry soap (purex laundry sheets are geat for travel!).
Bring extra blankets, towels, pillows if you think you will need them.
liquid cleaning needs(I brought a bottle of all purpose spray but wish i brought one with bleach in it) and you might want some window cleaning sheets or something if you want. lysol spray or wipes for disenfecting. also some bug spray this is the south we have Palmetto bug, and roaches! plus its a rental so someone may have been a nasty renter!

Questions- message me!

Pros- can save money traveling with family by bringing items you already have from home. and cooking your meals there. Its very close to Broadway at the beach and other activities! Beds were comfortable. Has a ice maker (but will take a day or 2 to fill up!)
washer and dryer in unit so you can bring less clothes! Friendly staff (thanks Victoria!)
close location to lots of attractions, shopping and dining options
CONS- have to flush toilets 2-3 times, so much for water saving tanks! stained carpets. outdated faucets etc. having to do a little light cleaning upon arrival. crappy pots and pans.

Room Tip: Make sure to bring eerything you will need! this is much like if you went camping! Bring all soaps...
Asheville, N.C.
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 18, 2012

Booked this trip with GolfMasters, 4 nights and 3 rounds of golf.I wished I had known the following before booking: bring your own soap,towels and toilet paper. You get one bath towel and hand towel and washcloth per person. Housekeeping is extra daily charge.
The mattress must have been a cheap one, it was lumpy.
For the money, not worth the money. The golf was great.
Our group was supposed to all be in the same building, NOT....

Room Tip: Only certain people can use the indoor pool, so check ahead if you are interested in that.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
Beards Fork, Wv
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 16, 2012

Really enjoyed our stay. The rooms were clean and beautiful. A/c stopped working and I called the office. They came to fix it within the hour. Very friendly staff. I love this place. It is close to everything.

Alexandria, VA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2012

This resort is situated close to so many attractions and conveniences. It is only blocks away from Broadway at the Beach and it's shopping, restaurants and cheaper gasoline. Also very convenient access to everthing via Hwy 17 Bypass, Hwy 501, Robert Grissom Parkway to Hwy 31 & 22. Can't forget the great golf courses right onsite. We stayed in one of the 3 bedroom condos. It was very large and luxurious. Staff were friendly and helpful. Nice swimming pools located throughout the resort.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with friends
Greenville, South Carolina
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 30, 2012

I stayed at Myrtlewood during my family reunion (August 17 -19). I rented three 3 bedroom, 2 bath condos. I booked the condos through booking.com and based on the reviews, I asked for units in the Magnolia Pointe section and also requested that they be newer units. Due to the varied reviews on tripadvisor, I was a little worried about what we would see when we checked in. Heck, I was worried about the check in process since some reviewers complained about how long it took, delayed check-in, etc; If you believe the reviews, it is hit or miss at this property and I was praying for a hit.

Needless to say, I was holding my breath as I opened the door to each of the condos. Luckily, I had nothing to worry about. All three of the condos were clean and well-maintained. The furniture and decor was updated and pretty recent - one condo had nicer stuff and larger tvs, but that's because of the taste of the owners. However, they were ALL nice. The kitchens were spotless and had cookware, glasses, flatware, etc; although we didn't need it because we brought our own stuff. DID YOU CATCH THAT? We knew it was a condo rental, we knew that what was provided would vary from unit to unit because of that so WE BROUGHT OUR OWN STUFF.

You can look at the photos of the one that I stayed in. This unit (as well as the others) was spacious and felt like home vs. the cramped feel of a hotel. The beds were very comfortable and mattresses looked to be fairly new. We didn't experience any problems with spiders, roaches, etc; The only place we saw any bugs of any kind was outside at night around the porch/walkway lights. The only complaint I have is that the guest toilet in my unit kept backing up. The repairman came twice with a plunger which was useless because there was a plunger there that I tried using to no avail. This toilet needed to be snaked out, but that didn't happen during our stay. Oh, and the floor and walls are thin. The kids upstairs from us sounded like stampeding elephants when they were running around, but fortunately, they went to bed early. : ) All of our units were ground floor which was great because we had about 6 seniors (65+) in our group, but there were elevators in addition to stairs.

I was very pleased with our stay. Check in was a breeze and the front desk staff were great. Pools were lovely and we were given wristbands that allowed us to enter any pool on the property. Some reviewers complained about not having pool access, but I think that depends on who you rented your condo from and if you were there during the baseball camp that many people mentioned????

As I said in the title, you have to understand that this is a condo rental. It is not going to be the same as a hotel. Condo rentals are built for people who are going to be fairly independent during their stay, not someone who expects housekeeping to be at their beck and call. Yes, we had to make our own beds, wash our own dishes and take out the trash, but we were okay with that because we understood that we were renting a CONDO. If that's not for you, choose a hotel. If you rent a condo, bring your own supplies, operate the way you do at home (NO MAID SERVICE) and you should be okay.

Also, stop complaining about paying a lot of money to stay at the beach. What do you expect when you go to the beach during the high (summer) season??? You're going to pay to stay no matter where you go.

I enjoyed my stay there and everyone in the group did as well. The seniors loved it so much, they were asking when can we return? We plan to go back for Thanksgiving!

Overall, our stay was excellent. It wasn't perfect, but what place is?

Room Tip: Call at 4 p.m. to make sure your room is ready. I did and check-in was a breeze. Request a newer un...
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Medford, New Jersey, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 21, 2012

As an owner, I'd like guests to be more respectful when they rent one of these units. We no longer rent our condo out through Myrtlewood, as we had unsatisfactory responses from them when we had numerous issues just like many of the guests on this website. Additionally we were frustrated & upset that guests have broken chairs, vertical blinds & even a bed but we didn't receive compensation from whoever did the damage as Myrtlewood failed to timely identify the damage & properly charge back the careless guests. We've had one flat screen bedroom TV & numerous TV remotes disappear, silverware gone missing, glasses missing (presume broken?) knick knacks missing/broken & a bedspread ruined by food stains. While we rented our unit through Myrtlewood, we were charged numerous times for carpet cleaning. I am confused as to why some guests have commented about stained carpets? We've also had pillow sham & blankets disappear & our vacuum has been taken twice. It's a Catch 22. We take pride in what our condo looks like & like to have nice things in it. We cross our fingers when we leave that nothing will be damaged or be missing when we return. We furnished & decorated with all brand new furniture, bedding, dishes, glassware, pictures, rugs & small kitchen appliances less than 3 years ago. Each time we return, we are heartbroken to see that someone has damaged or broken something. Most guests enjoy their stay & respect the units,(THANK YOU!) but I have seen firsthand the condition some people leave the units when their stay is over. I have to tell you it can be disgraceful. We continue to replace damaged items & fix items we notice (such as nail pops, settlement cracks,etc) because we care about maintaining the value of the property, but it can be discouraging when the effort is not noticed or respected. I agree that front office check-in should be fast, friendly & efficient. I also firmly agree that pristine Housekeeping is vital to feeling comfortable anywhere on vacation. I routinely clean our unit on my first day back, but I usually clean where ever I stay. I agree it should not be necessary, but it makes me feel better as I know when I clean, it's done thoroughly & properly. When one rents a condo on vacation, it is not the same as staying in a hotel room. You usually get a much larger living space with full kitchen, washer, dryer & dishwasher. However you don't get daily maid service, you do need to pick up after yourself, take the trash out, wash the dishes you use,etc. If the proper items are not provided for you, such as toilet paper,paper towels, tissues or trash bags, etc, call the front office or housekeeping & ask. Please don't stop calling the rental company until you recieve satisfaction. They are getting paid to provide you with personal service, don't let them slide by without doing what they are paid to do. Lastly, FYI about bugs, the units are sprayed on a regular basis by Magnolia Pointe & our Association dues pay for that service. Trust me, NO ONE wants bugs in their unit, next to their unit or anywhere near their unit. Owners have no control on who stays in their place or who its rented to & can only hope that the people renting live cleanly during their stay. Monthly exterminator spraying can only do so much.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family

Been to Myrtlewood Villas? Share your experiences!