“stay away from the boardwalk” 1 of 5 stars

Boardwalk Beach Resort
2.5 of 5 Resort   |   2301 North Ocean Boulevard, Myrtle Beach, SC 29578   |
Ranked #167 of 214 Hotels in Myrtle Beach
A TripAdvisor Member
“stay away from the boardwalk”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 26, 2004

we were downgraded to the south tower from the north tower because they said our room was not ready. the south tower smelled of urine and the elevator did not work. manager was ignorant. the looby staff was ignorant. we got our money back and stayed next door at the meridian towers. do yourself a favor and stay away from the boardwalk.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (83)
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 9, 2004

I have to say, when we decided to take this trip to Myrtle Beach I was told to check the trip advisor site to see how our hotel was rated. I was a bit nervous after reading some of the reviews about the Boardwalk. I just have one thing to really say...MAKE SURE AND STAY IN THE MAIN TOWER (the newer one). It was very nice, clean, and beautiful view. The other two towers are a bit old looking, and yes, they do smell. I went into the South Tower to do some laundry, and could not wait to get out of there. Our room was spacious, the kitchenette was fully equipped, and CLEAN. The view from our oceanfront balcony was absolutely breathtaking. We would highly recommend staying at the Boardwalk (Main Tower) to anyone. Very convenient too. We will definitely stay there again!

5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2004

We returned from Boardwalk Beach Resort today. Overall it was excellent. A couple bad things! The elevators we wet and they stink. The rooms were excellent and were right on the beach. The pools were clean. The towles had suspicious spots on them. When we returned to to hotel every night our rooms were very clean, and the beds were made up good. It cost $5 per key. (you get a refund when u check out) To make a TOLL FREE call it costs 75 cents per call. One of my local calls cost 50 cents and the other costed a dollar. That was outrages. One more thing, if you want an iron you have to go sign for one at the front desk and you only get to use it for about an hour. We stayed in the Main Tower. If you plan on staying at Boardwalk Beach Resort, make sure your room is in the MAIN TOWER! The other 2 towers are just horrible and smell of urine! Overall, the stay at the Boardwalk Beach Resort was nice! I will definetly come back next year.

4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 12, 2004

After booking a nasty room at The Palms, I landed by accident, at The Boardwalk Resort in Myrtle Beach South Carolina. I was greeted by a very nice lady at the front desk who was very helpful in helping to locate a room to meet my specifications. My family and I stayed in the main tower in an oceanfront jacuzzi suite. The furniture was very tasteful and the beds were comfortable. The room was very clean. The resort has excellent parking. We brought a trailer with a motorcyle and they were great with allowing us to park the trailer and the bike. The only complaint is that the maid service is slow and one day we did not even recieve it. I had to go chase towels and toilet paper. But, overall the resort was wonderful. As stated earlier, I stayed in the main tower. I have no idea what the older part of the motel is like. So, ask for the main tower. Overall, we had a great time, and will be returning to The Boardwalk Beach Resort.

4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2004

we stayed at the boardwalk resort at myrtle beach from June 28 till July 4th 2004...after driving for 10 and half hours with my wife and daughter, asking how much longer, till we get there....it was nice to finally get to our place....when we checked in the girl was freindly, it did cost 5 dollars a key..which one went into the ocean so did my glasses..watch the waves they are killer....we stayed at the main tower on the 11th floor.. killler view... we got there there was carts to load your suitcases on, very easy going into the elevators... the room was clean and very roomy, we shared a double room with my brother in law and sister in law, 2 rooms separated by a door... we had 7 in the rooms, plenty of room, and all had a place to sleep, the walk to the beach was very short out the door and across the wooden bridge and you were there.... remember the waves and also the sun is very very hot... the maids were very frendly and the grounds were always cleaned... the place is modern, with a whirlpool tub.. that was awesome.. the balcony of the room is very private and romantic... i would stay at this resort again, thankyou for making our first time vacation in myrtle beach a memorable one... thankyou from Ray, Joanne, Marianne, Joe, johnny , deanna and lauren..... but why cant you buy a wiffle ball and bat in one of the stores .... is beyond me....

Logan, West Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 5, 2004

I just arrived home about 1 hour ago from Myrtle Beach. I must say, I was very nervous about staying at Boardwalk Beach Resort after reading all the negative reviews on here.. But when we arrived, I was very impressed by the appearance of the building. When checking in, the front desk clerks were very nice as they were our entire vacation. We had no problems with parking, they have 3 lots and a parking building across the road. I think we had to park only once in the parking building because we were very late getting in, but it still wasnt bad. Our room was very clean and cozy. We had the Type 14 room with Jacuzzi, kitchen and private Balcony located on the 7th floor. I think anymore than 7 I might not have liked it as well...Housekeeping was great, we got clean towels and had our rooms vaccumed daily and our housekeeper was sooooo nice. I would wake up around 5am every morning and the groundsmen were already beginning their day of cleaning the pool areas and cleaning all the chairs on the grass area and around the pool. I was impressed that they took the time to do that every morning. The Lazy River and pools were great as were their locations although the covered pool under the main tower was soooooo cold but we still swim in that one too.... usually after being in the hot tub beside of it...But I will stay here every year I go to Myrtle Beach. I can not think of anything negative about this hotel (just watch the Lymo bus system, its DOES NOT run every 30 min. we waited 45 min one way and 1 hr and 15 min back) But definitely this hotel is wonderful (the main tower, but I didnt hear anyone complaining of the others either). Hope you enjoy yourself as me and my family did.

1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 12, 2004

Yes, we were fooled!!!! While the Main Tower is actually quite nice, our room was at the South Tower. BEWARE of this location, its a different building and its DISGUSTING!!!!!!!!!!!! The room is old, old old. I was afraid to hang my bathing suit from the balcony furniture, that's how gross it was. I was afraid rust was going to get on my wet cloths. I hated this place, wanted to stay somewhere else but we looked at 10 other hotels the night we got there and everything was full. So we gave up.

Been to Boardwalk Beach Resort? Share your experiences!