“Excellent time Great Experience” 5 of 5 stars

Boardwalk Beach Resort
2.5 of 5 Resort   |   2301 North Ocean Boulevard, Myrtle Beach, SC 29578   |
Ranked #167 of 214 Hotels in Myrtle Beach
Forest, Virginia
“Excellent time Great Experience”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 13, 2013 via mobile

Our family decided to come to myrtle beach the week of sept 28-oct 5. What a wonderful time we had. We stayed in the MAIN tower on the 12th floor. We checked in and were given our room key and a parking pass and off we went. Opened the door and it was very clean and smelled very fresh. My kids are both under 3 so it was very nice to see we could spilt them up from each other one in the living room and one in the bedroom. The next day around 9am house keeping knock on the door and ask if she could clean our room we asked her if she could come back in 30min we left and went to the beach. Came back up around 1/130 and the room was cleaned perfectly. I say all of this to make this point the house keeper noticed we had 2 very young kids and over the next week of cleaning she didn't come clean until about 11am every morning giving us time to get the kids ready and out. We would see her each morning as we walked down to the beach and she would always have a smile and say enjoy your day. Never had a problem. Overall the place is really nice and we enjoyed it. Would come back for sure.

• Stayed September 2013

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (83)
Durham, North Carolina
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 8, 2013

This was the nastiest place I've EVER seen. Do not stay at this hotel. The website is misleading and the staff are so ignorant I almost feel sorry for them.You have to request smoking or non smoking. The website states no such thing. The indoor pool has been broken since last winter, but the website states they have one. The person who helped book this hotel for us did not tell us we needed to request smoking or non smoking. There were bugs in the hallway and one on the pillow. We quickly packed up our stuff and stayed at an adjacent hotel. Do not subject yourself to this place. I personally work too hard each day to go on vacation and stay in a bug infested, out dated, and nasty hotel. I'm not sure what other people are talking about having experienced an "awesome place", but they must not be accustom to luxury. This is not the place to bring your family if you are looking to stay in a clean, friendly, and smoke free place.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
Mebane, North Carolina
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 7, 2013

This resort should be shutdown and North Tower should be gutted and renovated to bring it up to the 21st century. The website is very deceiving because it is nothing like it shows on the website. The indoor pool has been inoperable since Fall 2012 according to the desk clerk. The rooms on 2nd floor were nasty with roaches and bed bugs. The hallways smelled like smoke the elevator was filthy. Overall this place shouldn't be in existence to have anyone stay here. I checked out the same night I checked in and let them know I was going to write a letter to their headquarters because obviously they don't read the reviews people write otherwise they wouldn't be in existence. If I could report them to the health department I would because they really need to have an inspection done.

Room Tip: North Tower was TERRIBLE and need better ventilation in the hallways as well as the rooms. This is...
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
Mount Airy GA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 3, 2013

We went on a whim, and they gave us 2 rooms to look at- 1 in S. Tower and 1 in Main. South was ratty, but Main was beautiful and definitely worth the extra $20. Separate bedroom and living room, full kitchen, and Jacuzzi tub.

Room Tip: Get oceanfront and avoid S. Tower. They have great rates this time of year.
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 1, 2013

This place is horrible! First of all, the elevators were not working so we had to drag our things up and down the floors-we were on the 4th! A guy at the front desk told us that they didn't know when the elevators would be fixed if ever. Next, we had to switch rooms because our air conditioner was broken. Room service showed up and a few were nice but one had an attitude because she had to pick up shells off of the floor. This place is dirty and outdated. They don't even provide dish detergent. This was an horrible experience, and I will never stay here again.

• Stayed September 2013
Nashville, Tennessee
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 18, 2013

Was very upset with our stay. We have never been to Myrtle Beach and it was my birthday. When we first checked in they put us on the North side of the hotel, the room that we went to was on the first floor right by the elevator it was very loud. So went to the front desk and they did not know what they where doing, they looked mad because they had to move us to another room. They moved us to the South side of the hotel where the construction is. When we got in the room I notice that the stove was old. There was blood on one of the comforters when we out on the balcony, the balcony and the chairs was so covered in dirty from the construction. On the 2nd night of staying there the elevators quit work so you had to walk up 4 flights of stairs just to get to your room. They where broken for 3 nights. I notice that housekeeping did not clean the room because all of the dirty towels where still there and the blood on the comforter was still there. I was so upset of how our stay went we decided to check out early and the front desk did not care and was eating there lunch when they came out to help. And there was no type a refund at all. I would NOT RECOMEND THIS HOTEL TO ANY ONE! This was the worst hotel I have ever stayed at. On the website it looks like a nice Resort when you book it. But when you get there it is NOT! We will not be back!

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 18, 2013

Stayed in the North Tower. Older rooms (need work)
My first room the air conditioner didn't work properly.
They moved me to a second room and the balcony door didn't work, but the new room has a flat screen TV (plus).
It was a place to sleep. Wouldn't recommend the special deal from AARP/Expedia.
Cheaper room with only a slight view of the ocean from my room.
Asked if I could upgrade, the hotel clerk said he couldn't, I would have to go back to the 3rd party (AARP/Expedia). Close to boardwalk and restaurants which is convenient.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled solo

Been to Boardwalk Beach Resort? Share your experiences!