Message from TripAdvisor:

You added Boardwalk Beach Resort to your Saves list
Boardwalk Beach Resort
3.5 of 5 Resort   |   2301 North Ocean Boulevard, Myrtle Beach, SC 29578   |
Ranked #175 of 217 Hotels in Myrtle Beach
“One of the worst experiences ever!!!”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 1, 2013 via mobile

This place is horrible! First of all, the elevators were not working so we had to drag our things up and down the floors-we were on the 4th! A guy at the front desk told us that they didn't know when the elevators would be fixed if ever. Next, we had to switch rooms because our air conditioner was broken. Room service showed up and a few were nice but one had an attitude because she had to pick up shells off of the floor. This place is dirty and outdated. They don't even provide dish detergent. This was an horrible experience, and I will never stay here again.

• Stayed September 2013

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (96)
Nashville, Tennessee
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 18, 2013

Was very upset with our stay. We have never been to Myrtle Beach and it was my birthday. When we first checked in they put us on the North side of the hotel, the room that we went to was on the first floor right by the elevator it was very loud. So went to the front desk and they did not know what they where doing, they looked mad because they had to move us to another room. They moved us to the South side of the hotel where the construction is. When we got in the room I notice that the stove was old. There was blood on one of the comforters when we out on the balcony, the balcony and the chairs was so covered in dirty from the construction. On the 2nd night of staying there the elevators quit work so you had to walk up 4 flights of stairs just to get to your room. They where broken for 3 nights. I notice that housekeeping did not clean the room because all of the dirty towels where still there and the blood on the comforter was still there. I was so upset of how our stay went we decided to check out early and the front desk did not care and was eating there lunch when they came out to help. And there was no type a refund at all. I would NOT RECOMEND THIS HOTEL TO ANY ONE! This was the worst hotel I have ever stayed at. On the website it looks like a nice Resort when you book it. But when you get there it is NOT! We will not be back!

3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 18, 2013

Stayed in the North Tower. Older rooms (need work)
My first room the air conditioner didn't work properly.
They moved me to a second room and the balcony door didn't work, but the new room has a flat screen TV (plus).
It was a place to sleep. Wouldn't recommend the special deal from AARP/Expedia.
Cheaper room with only a slight view of the ocean from my room.
Asked if I could upgrade, the hotel clerk said he couldn't, I would have to go back to the 3rd party (AARP/Expedia). Close to boardwalk and restaurants which is convenient.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled solo
Columbia, South Carolina, United States
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 17, 2013

I was in an old room and no one warned me till I got there. I talk with these people several times and no one told that not all the rooms weren't updated. The hot water was too hot and I burnt my hand. Housekeeping didn't clean our room everyday. There was blood on one of our comforters. We were questioned as to why we needed towels....uuuummm duh we're at the beach and we need to wash after leaving the ocean and dirty pool. Great location tho...

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Flatwoods, Kentucky
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 17, 2013

This hotel is your place to stay for a reasonable priced vacation. The outside is much better than the inside. The lawn with tables and recliners was our favorite. The pools were nice and clean. We stayed in the south tower. This is an older resort so don't expect lavished rooms. Our room was nicely cleaned. Everyone we had contact with was extremely pleasant from checking in and out to the cleaning and lawn workers. For a lower cost vacation we would recommend this resort.

Room Tip: ask for room in newer main tower
Charlotte, North Carolina
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 9, 2013

very dissatisfied with labor day weekend at boardwalk resort pools crowded ,no ice in ice machine
loud music was playing ouside from 11:00 pm until 5:00 am called front desk at 3:00 am to ask if they could do anything about the loud music, they didnt stop it.worst trip we ever took to the beach,decided to cut it short and go home a day early,asked for my money back for the night we could not sleep,management said was nothing they could do would not stay there again if they let me stay for free would not reccomend this place to anyone,find you a decent place

Williamston, South Carolina, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 5, 2013

I have stayed at this hotel for the longest time and it's a "Ok" hotel. If your looking for a hotel with good service, wifi & a great pool, This is the place for you. But like I said it's a "Ok" hotel. One year I stayed there I think it was 2 or 1 years ago but anyways me and my family went and checked in and went to our hotel room and as soon as we got in there (not the main tower, it is nicer) the covers are messed up, I opened up the oven and there were cooked oranges in there. Who cooks oranges? But anyways we called the main desk and we got another room thank God! The other room was very nice did not have anything wrong with it, so that was good! Overall me and my family had a great time! I look foward coming back in a couple of weeks. But other than that time all of my stays were great! Also the wifi is good! Pools were great also! "Good" Hotel. :)

Room Tip: The main tower is better but most of the time it is higher but if you want a good stay I recomend th...
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled with family