“oceanfront retreat” 3 of 5 stars

Ranked #167 of 214 Hotels in Myrtle Beach
Flatwoods, Kentucky
“oceanfront retreat”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 17, 2013

This hotel is your place to stay for a reasonable priced vacation. The outside is much better than the inside. The lawn with tables and recliners was our favorite. The pools were nice and clean. We stayed in the south tower. This is an older resort so don't expect lavished rooms. Our room was nicely cleaned. Everyone we had contact with was extremely pleasant from checking in and out to the cleaning and lawn workers. For a lower cost vacation we would recommend this resort.

Room Tip: ask for room in newer main tower
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (82)
Charlotte, North Carolina
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 9, 2013

very dissatisfied with labor day weekend at boardwalk resort pools crowded ,no ice in ice machine
loud music was playing ouside from 11:00 pm until 5:00 am called front desk at 3:00 am to ask if they could do anything about the loud music, they didnt stop it.worst trip we ever took to the beach,decided to cut it short and go home a day early,asked for my money back for the night we could not sleep,management said was nothing they could do would not stay there again if they let me stay for free would not reccomend this place to anyone,find you a decent place

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Williamston, South Carolina, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 5, 2013

I have stayed at this hotel for the longest time and it's a "Ok" hotel. If your looking for a hotel with good service, wifi & a great pool, This is the place for you. But like I said it's a "Ok" hotel. One year I stayed there I think it was 2 or 1 years ago but anyways me and my family went and checked in and went to our hotel room and as soon as we got in there (not the main tower, it is nicer) the covers are messed up, I opened up the oven and there were cooked oranges in there. Who cooks oranges? But anyways we called the main desk and we got another room thank God! The other room was very nice did not have anything wrong with it, so that was good! Overall me and my family had a great time! I look foward coming back in a couple of weeks. But other than that time all of my stays were great! Also the wifi is good! Pools were great also! "Good" Hotel. :)

Room Tip: The main tower is better but most of the time it is higher but if you want a good stay I recomend th...
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
Salisbury, NC
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2013

We recently took 2 of our grandkids, ages 6 & 10, for a long weekend before school started back. We had a blast! We got an ocean front jacuzzi suite with a private balcony. The room was clean; and the beds slept nicely. There is a lazy river, 2 hot tubs, and several pools which the kids loved. One thing though - there is no lifeguard at the hotel so kids were running & jumping in & out of the lazy river, pool & hot tubs. The location was really nice. We were able to walk to the boardwalk, browse thru the stores. One thing we really enjoyed was the lawn in front of the hotel. They have it equipped with tables, chairs, umbrellas. We were able to walk to the beach, go to the hotel & make lunch, eat it on the lawn under an umbrella, and visit the pool - with no hassle. I saw a lot of bad reviews but I think as long as you stay in the Main Tower you will enjoy. We will be coming back!

Room Tip: Choose a room from the Main Tower.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Knoxvile
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2013

I booked an oceanfront room, but I got a patio with a pool view. I couldn't even see the ocean from my ocean front room. If I pulled the drapes so I could see outside, I had a pool full of people starring at me and right into my room. When I asked for a room on a higher floor I told they were booked, but that was a lie. The room was old and I refused to sleep under the covers, because of the horrible odor. DO NOT WASTE YOUR MONEY on this hotel!!!!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Durham
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 9, 2013

Was in the South Tower I at first. Room was horrible. Old and furnishings in Kitchen, Bedroom and bath outdated. Moved to Main tower room was better but keep getting locked out of room for two days and they didn't want to move us to new room. Kids enjoyed lazy river but swimming and everything in lazy river couldn't enjoy it. Front desk staff needs to be more friendly would not recommend. Three day total stay and only people that where happy were the kids.

Room Tip: Do not stay at Boardwalk at the Beach. Website not always what it seems.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Oneonta, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 7, 2013

I recently stayed here and after reading the previous reviews I was slighly scared HOWEVER, MY STAY WAS AMAZING! The front desk staff and housekeeping was very helpful even with our high demands. Everytime we called to the front desk with a question or a request it was immediately catered to. The view from our balcony was breath taking, and we highly enjoyed laying poolside when we wanted to avoid the sand on the beach. The pools were clean and well maintained, even had a nice little tiki bar by the side of them. My room was serviced everyday and so cleaned that the floors could be eaten off of. The beds were so comfortable that I found myself over sleeping many mornings simply because I did not want to peel myself from the comfort of the bed. Showers in the room had emaculate pressure and were sparkling clean! Many times when I go on vacation I can never seem to get enough towels since I use more than one per shower and never reuse them, but here this was not a problem!! Not only was the room already stocked with plenty of towels but when we requested more we were hand delivered them within minutes. I never really had any problems so never had to request to speak to the management here, but I do believe I did coem into contact ith two of them because of how they were dressed when I saw them. I was believe I was checked in by one of the managers she was friendly and answered all the questions we had at check in. I would HIGHLY recommend this resort to anyone visiting the Myrtle Beach area not only because of how great the staff is, and the amazing location, but because of the property as a whole!! Just remember everyone, most times people are quick to come on here and make a complaint but less are likely to write a positive review the one here. Give this place a shot I promise it won't let you down!!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to Boardwalk Beach Resort? Share your experiences!