Message from TripAdvisor:

Ranked #175 of 217 Hotels in Myrtle Beach
Salisbury, NC
“Stay in the Main Tower”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2013

We recently took 2 of our grandkids, ages 6 & 10, for a long weekend before school started back. We had a blast! We got an ocean front jacuzzi suite with a private balcony. The room was clean; and the beds slept nicely. There is a lazy river, 2 hot tubs, and several pools which the kids loved. One thing though - there is no lifeguard at the hotel so kids were running & jumping in & out of the lazy river, pool & hot tubs. The location was really nice. We were able to walk to the boardwalk, browse thru the stores. One thing we really enjoyed was the lawn in front of the hotel. They have it equipped with tables, chairs, umbrellas. We were able to walk to the beach, go to the hotel & make lunch, eat it on the lawn under an umbrella, and visit the pool - with no hassle. I saw a lot of bad reviews but I think as long as you stay in the Main Tower you will enjoy. We will be coming back!

Room Tip: Choose a room from the Main Tower.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (96)
Knoxvile
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2013

I booked an oceanfront room, but I got a patio with a pool view. I couldn't even see the ocean from my ocean front room. If I pulled the drapes so I could see outside, I had a pool full of people starring at me and right into my room. When I asked for a room on a higher floor I told they were booked, but that was a lie. The room was old and I refused to sleep under the covers, because of the horrible odor. DO NOT WASTE YOUR MONEY on this hotel!!!!

Durham
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 9, 2013

Was in the South Tower I at first. Room was horrible. Old and furnishings in Kitchen, Bedroom and bath outdated. Moved to Main tower room was better but keep getting locked out of room for two days and they didn't want to move us to new room. Kids enjoyed lazy river but swimming and everything in lazy river couldn't enjoy it. Front desk staff needs to be more friendly would not recommend. Three day total stay and only people that where happy were the kids.

Room Tip: Do not stay at Boardwalk at the Beach. Website not always what it seems.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Oneonta, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 7, 2013

I recently stayed here and after reading the previous reviews I was slighly scared HOWEVER, MY STAY WAS AMAZING! The front desk staff and housekeeping was very helpful even with our high demands. Everytime we called to the front desk with a question or a request it was immediately catered to. The view from our balcony was breath taking, and we highly enjoyed laying poolside when we wanted to avoid the sand on the beach. The pools were clean and well maintained, even had a nice little tiki bar by the side of them. My room was serviced everyday and so cleaned that the floors could be eaten off of. The beds were so comfortable that I found myself over sleeping many mornings simply because I did not want to peel myself from the comfort of the bed. Showers in the room had emaculate pressure and were sparkling clean! Many times when I go on vacation I can never seem to get enough towels since I use more than one per shower and never reuse them, but here this was not a problem!! Not only was the room already stocked with plenty of towels but when we requested more we were hand delivered them within minutes. I never really had any problems so never had to request to speak to the management here, but I do believe I did coem into contact ith two of them because of how they were dressed when I saw them. I was believe I was checked in by one of the managers she was friendly and answered all the questions we had at check in. I would HIGHLY recommend this resort to anyone visiting the Myrtle Beach area not only because of how great the staff is, and the amazing location, but because of the property as a whole!! Just remember everyone, most times people are quick to come on here and make a complaint but less are likely to write a positive review the one here. Give this place a shot I promise it won't let you down!!

5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 6, 2013

Once we moved to the main building it was great! Rooms were clean. Beds were very comfortable. Nice shower that was powerful. Your housekeepers and maintenance crew were wonderful! Customer service reps at front desk really need to be more friendly.

• Stayed July 2013
Athens, Georgia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 6, 2013

After reading several negative reivews, I feel inclined to point out that you get what you pay for. This is an ocean front hotel that is reasonably priced, in a prime location. The pools were clean, as well as our room and elevator. The housekeeping staff was friendly and helpful when I asked for assistance in finding a luggage cart and restroom. Our room was adequately cleaned all four mornings. (One of the mornings the towels weren't replenished, but it was an oversight and easliy resolved). One reviewer was appalled that "you have to clean your own dishes." Well, yes, this is not the the Ritz, it's a hotel on the Myrtle Beach strip. We were steps from the well-maintained beach, and within walking distance from several restaurants. We jogged Ocean Blvd. in the mornings, and I never felt my safety was compromised. Good location, clean rooms, clean pools.

Room Tip: The King suites on the corners (main tower) are small, but private and quiet.
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2013

We stayed two nights in this room, the musky smell almost made me sick.. The room appeared to be clean but under that musk there's no way that was possible. The furniture was ancient along with the tv. The lobby and elevators were also outdated. The air conditioner was very cool, service was ok and the location was great. I probably would not stay there again.

• Stayed August 2013