“Main Tower is a must!” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #170 of 215 hotels in Myrtle Beach
A TripAdvisor Member
“Main Tower is a must!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 23, 2003

Stayed at the Boardwalk Oct. 12-19, 2003. Got a great room in the main tower for a great price. The main tower rooms and pools are nice because they are only one year old and are in excellent condition. There is also a grassy area on the beach with lounge chairs and tables (this area is lit up at night). If you're lucky, you can park right in front of the building so you can keep an eye on your car. We looked at the north and south towers while we were there -- glad we didn't stay there -- they look worn. Maid service was so-so, as we had to ask for extra soap and toilet paper. Also, you must bring your own shampoo and dish soap, as these are not provided. If you like a quieter room, stay on the higher floors. The lazy river and pool can be noisy at times.

435 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (71)
greenville, nc
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 14, 2003

where shall I begin? the lovely jacuzzi came equiped with green scum an inch thick, the carpet was pulled back, full of mud and being dried out with fans and cords everywhere. sliding glass door wide open for anyone to see if you dare. the retro 60's kitchen table was on it's last leg literally! we got upgraded to a room with no working toilet, after it was used we found this out. maintenence was super speedy in their response of over 2 hrs later. the desk was so friendly - not, never in my wildest dreams did I think I would stay in a palace of this magnitude! Think long and hard before you stay in this hole.

West Covina, California
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 11, 2003

THE HOTEL:I made my reservations online but had to call the hotel a few times to ask some questions. A few times I got a cold, unfriendly response but that didn't stop me from going ahead with the reservation. The registration office is across the street. My mother handled this and it's my understanding that it went ok. I'd seen a picture of the room online and it looked nice. They advertised all new ocean-front jacuzzi suites. I'd done comparisons of oceanfront hotels and thought their rate was reasonable. The room was very nice, clean and indeed new looking. We had a two-room with kitchen and two bathrooms and two balconies. It slept 8 and there were 8 of us, 5 adults 3 children. Our keycards didn't always work and my mother had to request a new one twice. Had to call for towels and washcloths more than once. One day we never got any washcloths but my mother had some extra from home and we just managed til the next day. The kitchen was clean. Jacuzzi bath was fun. There are three (or four?) towers. I recommend the Main Tower which is the new rooms. Other people were complaining that South Tower was awful, broken elevator, smelly rooms. They were begging to switch over to Main Tower but all rooms were booked. They also mentioned that the front desk would not respond to their calls about a wild party that went way late into the night/morning and they ended up having to call the police. Elevator service was ok in our tower. Located close to the Pavilion and Myrtle Square Mall.PARKING:If you lucked up you could park right next to the main tower but we usually couldn't find a space and parked about a half block away at the next bldg. or across street at their private parking garage. It seemed pretty safe but there were no security guards so you might not want to be out alone at night.EXERCISE ROOM:Not what I expected. It was a small room with one piece of equipment where four people could work out at the same time. It was old and some parts were rusted and some of the weights were actually broken. No treadmill or cardio equip but I managed to get a little workout anyway. Staff says they're building a new room soon.POOL AREA:Fun, clean, safe. You could pool hop from tower to tower. I think there were a total of five pools, two of them were covered. There was a kiddie pool and a lazy river. I thought the lazy river was too lazy. It was like the current wasn't working properly. I mentioned this to pool maintenance people and they said they'd take a look but that's the way it's supposed to be. But I don't think so. Not where you have to push off the walls to keep going. However, the pools were clean and well kept. All of them were nice and warm. My 7 year old loved it and my 73 year old mom too. The lawn area was nice and clean with umbrella tables and chairs but claim one early, they go fast. Overall, it sounds like their management is not the best, but I had no extremely bad experience, but I'd recommend Boardwalk's MAIN TOWER ONLY , request one of the new ocean-front suites and get an upper floor so as not to hear pool area noise. As long as they have good rates and clean ocean-front rooms, I'd stay there again. The "negative" things we experienced are things I've had happen at even bigger nicer hotels and it would not deter my staying there again.

Been to Boardwalk Beach Resort? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Boardwalk Beach Resort

Address: 2301 North Ocean Boulevard, Myrtle Beach, SC 29578
Beach Fitness Center with Gym / Workout Room Free High Speed Internet ( WiFi ) Free Parking Restaurant Swimming Pool
#83 On the Beach Hotel in Myrtle Beach
#170 Top resorts Hotel in Myrtle Beach
#170 Spa Hotel in Myrtle Beach
Hotel Class:2.5 star — Boardwalk Beach Resort 2.5*
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Priceline, Tingo, Travelocity, Expedia, BookingOdigeoWL, Despegar.com and Venere so you can book your Boardwalk Beach Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Boardwalk Beach Hotel Myrtle Beach
Boardwalk Beach Myrtle
Boardwalk Hotel Myrtle Beach
Boardwalk Motel
Boardwalk Beach Resort Myrtle Beach

If you own or manage Boardwalk Beach Resort, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.