“Repeat customer but never again.” 3 of 5 stars

Hotel deals
Offers & Announcements
30% Off + FREE Breakfast
Ranked #33 of 217 Hotels in Myrtle Beach
“Repeat customer but never again.”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 21, 2013

I want a good family hotel. Everything has been great with our 4 day stay - except for the cigarette smoke. If you dont mind your children subjected to second hand smoke while at the pool then this is a hotel you will be comfortable at.

I am a repeat customer but will look for somewhere different next time. Just saw a guest walk away from tiki bar with cigarette in mouth. Smell of smoke lingering in the lazy river area. This area and heated pool are under the building which makesvit worse when people smoke.

This shows a lack of management to let an employee serve alchol to someone that is smoking at a non smoking pool.

Myrtle Beach must have better family oriented hotels than this.

• Stayed September 2013
Cesar C, Front Office Manager at Long Bay Resort, responded to this review, October 21, 2013
Thank you for bringing this matter to my attention and I sincerely hope that you will have no further cause for any complaint in relation to our service. To ensure that this will never happen we are creating training sessions with staff to enforce smoking rules in the pool deck to better serve our guests . If you have any questions or comments regarding this matter, please feel free to discuss it with me.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (414)
United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 17, 2013

We chose this hotel based purely on the fact that it had reasonable reviews on this website and also because it seemed to be a good budget option for our stay of four nights. As we were doing a larger tour of the US, it was important to get a good rate and this place offered it. The hotel was easy enough to find and we were pleased with the parking area.

Our room was on the ground floor and just by the parking area, which was fine although there was a tornado watch while we were there so we weren't really able to make the most of our outside space, a small patio with railing around it. We had a partial view of the ocean though, which was a nice touch. The room was massive but felt quite tired, particularly the tiling and grouting in the kitchen/bathroom area. It was however, completely adequate for our needs.

The beach was magnificent, but due to the weather we weren't able to make full use of it. The pool area was pleasant enough but we found it a bit small considering the amount of people that would be in this hotel at full occupancy. The drinks were reasonably priced and the breakfast buffet was also great when it was at a special price - fantastic value. The shade that the building cast over the pool area was a shame, as you weren't able to make the most of the sun all day. The lazy river was great but I found the chlorine to be quite strong smelling - maybe that's normal and I've got the issue though!

I'd say overall this place was a bit tired but still represented great value for money and I would stay here again, although the immediate area wasn't overly appealing if you didn't have a car.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
Cesar C, Front Office Manager at Long Bay Resort, responded to this review, September 28, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write your comments. I am glad to hear that the hotel meet your expectations. It was a pleasure to have you as our guest and we hope to see you soon.
LOGANVILLE
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 14, 2013

A first-time visit to Myrtle Beach brought us to Long Bay Resort. My overall impression of the hotel was that it was a good value for the money (2 nights for about $120). The hotel was clean, the rooms were in good shape, the efficiency we booked had a nice partial ocean view. One of the selling points when I was paging through the seemingly endless properties to stay at was the in-house Starbucks and that it was at a slightly quieter part of the beach.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you for choosing Long Bay Resort for your recent stay in Myrtle Beach. We strive to maintain rooms that are clean with friendly staff attentive to service. I am happy you enjoyed the in-house Starbucks. We know you have a variety of hotels to choose from and I glad you choose us.
Charlotte, North Carolina, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 11, 2013

Everyone was helpful and friendly the entire stay at Long Bay Resort. The room was clean for the most part, could have used a little attention to some small things like the corners in the bathroom and clean off vents in the ceiling, but overall cleanliness was good. Nothing to complain about except the wireless. Worked ok on the phone but not so much with the computer. But hey......I didn't really need the computer....I'm on vacation. The bartender in the oceanview café was excellent. All in all a great stay and will return.

Room Tip: Parking is very close quarters. I could not imagine trying to park a big truck or SUV.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Cesar C, Front Office Manager at Long Bay Resort, responded to this review, September 14, 2013
Thank you for choosing Long Bay Resort. I am glad to hear that you had a fantastic stay with us. Our friendly staff is please to be of your service, and hope to see you soon again.
Kingsport, TN
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 9, 2013

My wife and I have stayed at the Long Bay resort 3 years in a row and it is always a great vacation. We went this year with friends and stayed in an Ocean Front 3 BR condo on the 7th floor. The layout was nice, and the condo was clean and cozy. We had excellent housekeeping and everything in the kitchen was clean and worked. My wife loves the on-site Starbucks, and the whole family enjoyed the arcade, pools, hot tubs and the beach access. Because every stay has been great, we never even look for another place to stay when planning out fall beach trip! The only suggestion I have (and it's small) is that the free wi-fi signal in out room was pretty weak. But hey, we weren't there to sit around and surf the web anyway!

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
Cesar C, Front Office Manager at Long Bay Resort, responded to this review, September 19, 2013
Thank you for choosing Long Bay Resort. We strive to provide you a room that is clean and comfortable, with friendly attentive service at a value conscious price. Our friendly staff is please to be of your service, and hope to see you soon again.
Monroe, Ohio
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 8, 2013

This was my first stay at Long Bay. I've stayed for years next door at Ocean Reef. Much of this review is a comparison of the two properties.

Parking at Long Bay is an attached garage that goes up to the 10th floor. The hotel goes to 16. It is very convenient to park and either walk straight into your room or take the elevator. This also makes loading and unloading easy. At the Ocean Reef you have to park across the street and walk a good bit depending on your room location.

The Long Bay lobby and first floor is nothing eye appealing. Ocean Reef is very inviting and a place you'd actually like to walk around.

There are 4 elevators at Long Bay, all in a central location to the resort, pools, and garage. Ocean Reef has 5 elevators in 3 separate locations.

We arrived at 2:30 to check in and was told our room wasn't ready yet and to check back in 30 minutes which I was okay with because check in isn't until 3:00 anyways. They give you rubber resort wrist bands to wear at check in. They also tell you if you don't return them at check out they cost $1 each.

When I booked online I had submitted room location request. I was very happy that when Jason at the front desk read back to me my request and picked out a room it was exactly as I requested. We stayed in a 3 bedroom ocean front condo. I didn't want to look at the Savoy building and the unit Jason put us in was far away from that building.

Breakfast Buffet at Long Bay is part of Martin's Restaurant. It was good, but nothing great. I wouldn't go back unless it was free. I've had the breakfast buffet at Ocean Reef and really enjoyed it, so much I went back again.

The Long Bay kids pool has a big yellow submarine and is in a small shady area on the side of the building. The kids pool at Ocean Reef is much larger and features at huge water slide and several more water features than L.B.

The Long Bay lazy river had a faster current than O.R. and didn't have a water fall that poured cold water on you with each pass which made it better than the O.R.

The main pool at Long Bay is bigger than the O.R.

The Long Bay doesn't have shady palm trees to lounge under like the Ocean Reef.

Long Bay has a really neat looking tiki bar by the pool that was just built this year. It was open a few days during our stay. I didn't order anything, but it is cool to look at. O.R. has a walk up window which serves the same concoctions, just not as eye appealing.

The 3 bedroom condo seemed more narrow than O.R. but fit our family of 7 just fine for 7 days. One weird thing was when we walked in the unit for the first time it was warm and wasn't cooling down. We found that EVERY vent was closed. We had to use a butter knife to open them all, then it cooled quickly.

The first main selling point as to why I switched this year to the Long Bay from Ocean Reef was the kitchens have been updated with maple cabinets, granite countertops, and new tile floors. The 2nd point is the 3BR condos are true ocean front, instead of angled ocean front.

The clothes dryer in our unit didn't work. It wouldn't dry a pair a swim shorts after 3 cycles. We called the front desk and while at dinner a maintenance man came to our room and left a note stating the dryer "seemed" to work okay. It didn't.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for choosing to stay with us at Long Bay resort Hotel. I glad to hear Jason was very helpful during your stay and accomodate your requests. We deeply value your relationship with Long Bay Resort and are committed to providing you with the highest level of service that you expect and deserve. If you have any questions or comments regarding this matter, please feel free to discuss it with me.
Kettering
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 8, 2013

If you are staying here do these things to ensure a better visit.
1) check in after Labor Day, the crowd thins dramatically
2) stay on a Tuesday and Wednesday for the quietest time
3) request a 10th floor room or higher
( I would have thrown a fit if I would have been on that soggy first floor by the pool and bathroom, terrible)

Our stay was fine, the 2 pools were very nice and grounds were well kept. The room had some nice updates in the kitchen which were appreciated, but otherwise I was not impressed with it. The hotel cleaning staff was very sweet and accommodating and we had no cleanliness issues with our room on our stay.
I think new carpet throughout, new furniture and brighter colors would do a lot to cheer the rooms up!

Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for taking the time to write your comments and for bringing this matter to my attention, we always want to be your first choice. Hotel and I look forward to serving you again in the near future.