This was the 4th or 5th time we've been to the Long Bay and it still is a very nice place. We don't usually stay "in season", but due to scheduling issues we had to adjust our plans. A very centrally located property that is far enough away from Downtown to be near everything but far enough away from the crowds and noise. But since it WAS in season, the family friendly atmosphere made the pool area bit more 'hectic' than what we are used to- not a complaint, but an observation. We didn't have a condo this time, but there was a microwave and a fridge. Laundry is a bit small for such a large place, but that was a small concern. Time it right and no problems getting laundry done. The restaurant (Martin's) has changed a bit over the years. It has gone from a casual eatery with reasonable prices to a more upscale place with appropriate pricing and food- not a burger to be found. We weren't expecting that on our first night and showed up in less than optimum attire. But- the food was excellent and the service was fine. The restaurant view? Well, overlooking the kids 'submarine pool' isn't exactly a prime location. A lot to do, with the two pools, 3 hot tubs, lazy river, kids play pool (mentioned above), etc... WE certainly will consider going back again next time.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located on the more quiet north end of Myrtle Beach you are just seconds from the heart of attractions and restaurants. Long Bay resort has been a favorite among families and golfers for decades. Enjoy newly renovated accommodations with your choice rooms, suites, efficiencies and condo all with the comforts of home. Check out any of our onsite food and beverage outlets, there’s Martins restaurant, the Seaside Cafe, Starbucks Cafe and our oceanfront Tiki Hut. And let’s not forget about the amenities. No beach vacation is completes without a dip in one of our many water features. There’s our in and outdoor kiddies pool areas with silly submarine and mushroom waterfalls, our heated indoor lazy river, our ocean front outdoor pool deck with pool and Jacuzzi, our indoor pool, a sauna and much more. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with MyrtleBeachHotels, Booking.com, Orbitz, Priceline, Odigeo, Expedia and Hotels.com so you can book your Long Bay Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Long Bay Hotel Myrtle Beach
- Long Bay Resort Myrtle Beach
- Long Bay Myrtle Beach
- Long Bay Resorts Myrtle Beach Sc