“Another good time.” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #33 of 215 Hotels in Myrtle Beach
Astoria, NY
“Another good time.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 27, 2013

This was the 4th or 5th time we've been to the Long Bay and it still is a very nice place. We don't usually stay "in season", but due to scheduling issues we had to adjust our plans. A very centrally located property that is far enough away from Downtown to be near everything but far enough away from the crowds and noise. But since it WAS in season, the family friendly atmosphere made the pool area bit more 'hectic' than what we are used to- not a complaint, but an observation. We didn't have a condo this time, but there was a microwave and a fridge. Laundry is a bit small for such a large place, but that was a small concern. Time it right and no problems getting laundry done. The restaurant (Martin's) has changed a bit over the years. It has gone from a casual eatery with reasonable prices to a more upscale place with appropriate pricing and food- not a burger to be found. We weren't expecting that on our first night and showed up in less than optimum attire. But- the food was excellent and the service was fine. The restaurant view? Well, overlooking the kids 'submarine pool' isn't exactly a prime location. A lot to do, with the two pools, 3 hot tubs, lazy river, kids play pool (mentioned above), etc... WE certainly will consider going back again next time.

Room Tip: The better the room, the better the view.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Cesar C, Front Office Manager at Long Bay Resort, responded to this review, July 1, 2013
I am happy to hear that the amenities of the hotel will make you consider to return in the future. It was a pleasure to have you as our guest and we hope to see you soon. Cesar C. Guest Service Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (385)
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 27, 2013 via mobile

I was not impressed with the room. It is in need of a makeover. The kitchen as stated on the website was updated with new cabinets and counter tops. I know each unit is privately owned but, there needs to be a standard. The sleeping area smelled of mildew. We had repeated issues with not getting enough towels. One day our room was not cleaned. The hotel is close to the beach with pools for every age. I would not recommend this hotel.

Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
First and foremost, on behalf of Long Bay Resort, I would like to personally apologize for the inconvenience you encountered in the room and the cleaning service. We accept full responsibility and I assure you we are taking the necessary steps to prevent it from happening in the future. Thank you for bringing this matter to our attention. If you have any further questions or would like to discuss this matter further, please feel free to contact me. Cesar C. Guest Service Manager
Lawsonville, North Carolina
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 26, 2013

We booked an Ocean front Queen suite through a Groupon discount deal. The pics on the internet made the room and resort seem more spacious than it really was. The bathroom and dressing area were small and right in the same area as the galley kitchen. There were doors into the kitchen on both ends, so to get into the bathroom/dressing area you have to close the door to the kitchen to get in. Also, the doors into the room are on super heavy closing hinges so they tend to slam shut. The doors are heavy so be careful with kids. This also makes for a lot of noise in the evenings and mornings when people are coming and going.

The shower curtain in the bath was old and disintegrated at the top. The only thing holding it onto the bar was the grommets.

The air conditioner smelled moldy and kept the room floor damp. The kitchen was nice but there were no dish towels or clothes to wash the dishes, so you have to use the ones from the bathroom. Also, they tell you they have a coffee maker, but no coffee or filters are provided, which is odd. Most mainline hotels provide coffee, so you would expect a "resort" to do the same. Of course Starbucks is downstairs, if you want to wait in line for 45 minutes in the morning for a cup of coffee.

The pillows on the bed were wadded up into knotted up balls. Really weird. We had two like that and reported it to housekeeping. They were taken from the room but they were never replaced.

The main issue that we ran into with the resort was housekeeping and towels. When you are at the beach, you tend to take more showers and need more towels. We had 3 people in the room and received 3 towels, wash clothes and hand towels. Those were used the first evening, so we requested more towels that evening. We received a "bag" of towels that were left in the room for our use.

The second day of the trip all the dirty towels were taken from the room but no clean towels were left. We called 3 times in the afternoon. The first call to the front desk resulted in a question of how many we needed. I told her that we had no clean towels left in the room that day and that we would need 6 towels and clothes. We were going out and needed showers and would need some for in the morning. We waited and called 2 more times. We ended up using our own towels and called again when we got back. We finally received towels that late that evening.

Overall, it was an adequate place to stay, but labeling it a "resort" is a little over the top. They need to work on some things. We won't be back to this establishment.

Room Tip: no spa at this campus.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Cesar C, Front Office Manager at Long Bay Resort, responded to this review, June 27, 2013
I apologize for the inconvenience your experienced in our hotel during your stay regarding your room and the housekeeping service. As a manager of Long Bay Resort I am disappointed that we could not provide you with 100% service in which you expect and deserve. This is especially saddening because at Long Bay Resort, we are committed of bringing 100% satisfaction to our guests and making the experience of hospitality happier and easier for everyone who chooses to stay with us. Should you have any further questions or comments regarding this matter, please feel free to contact me.
Cesar C
Guest Service Manager
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 23, 2013 via mobile

This is overall a very good hotel in myrtle beach with three hot tubs, three pools, a lazy river, kiddie pool, ping pong, giant chess and a great place to relax.it's also very close to great places like broadway at the beach and it even has a starbucks how much better could the resort get! Stay here you definitely won't regret it!

• Stayed August 2012
I am happy to hear that the staff from front desk to housekeeping provided you with the service to make this trip for you and your family a memorable one.
It was a pleasure to have you as our guest and we hope to see you soon.
Cesar C.
Guest Service Manager
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 19, 2013

I was here with a friend and my elderly parents for the past few days. We rented a three bedroom condo and were very pleased with the unit and its view. It was very handy to have a washer and dryer in the condo and we were able to go home with clean clothes. Having a kitchen made the food costs low as we did not have to go out for every meal. We enjoyed Martin's Restaurant for breakfast on the last day of the stay. There are also other restaurants and some bars in walking distance but you are 58 blocks away from the more touristy boardwalk area. If you want a more peaceful experience, then this is the place for you. The family also enjoyed the proximity to the beach, the pools and the lazy river. The only drawback is that you may have to drive a few miles to some of local attractions, such as the boardwalk, Barefoot Landing, waterparks and other shopping areas.

Room Tip: The higher the condo, the better the view of the ocean.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Cesar C, Front Office Manager at Long Bay Resort, responded to this review, June 22, 2013
Thank you for choosing Long Bay Resort for your recent stay in Myrtle Beach. I have read your comments about the hotel and we greatly appreciate that you took the time to write them, as our guests’ satisfaction is our main priority. I am happy to hear that the 3 bedroom Condo and its amenities meet your expectations and that you had an enjoyable breakfast at the restaurant. It was a pleasure to have you as our guest and we hope to see you soon. Cesar Colon Guest Service Manager
Martinez, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2013

Great hotel for a short getaway. We spend the weekend over Father's day. The room was nice and spacious. It had a fridge, microwave, small sink and coffeemaker with real cups (bring your own coffee)! It has a great pool area for kids. Some are shaded. The two restaurants on site are convenient. One for a quick bit while you are in your bathing suit, the other one a little more sit down and enjoy atmosphere. We did have the breakfast buffet. Price was pretty reasonable. Obviously the hotel is right on the beach which is a must for us. If I have to name one downside, it would be parking. Very small parking spots. Overall we enjoyed out stay!

Room Tip: If you book ocean front, ask for a room that is not blocked by THE SAVOY. (small hotel right in fron...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for taking the time to write your comments. I was delighted to hear you had an enjoyable time at our hotel during Father’s days It was a pleasure to have you as our guest. Our staff is pleased to be of service and eager to serve you again soon. Cesar Colon Guest Service Manager
Blackstone, VA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 15, 2013

We literally just got home from our FABULOUS vacation at the Long Bay Resort. This place did not disappoint... and I can't say enough about the staff, they are absolutely fantastic. Jennifer has to be the most congenial and hospitable manager I have ever encountered, and we travel to lots of coastal destinations. The young ladies at the front desk are also very nice and informative, and the concierge was a HUGE help considering we had never traveled to MB as a family. The housekeeping staff is quick to give you anything you need, and they CLEAN these rooms.

We stayed in a 3 bedroom oceanfront condo on the top floor and it was generously spacious for our family of six (two adults, two teenagers, a 10 year old and a 5 year old). Our condo was BEAUTIFUL and the view was spectacular. No picture I can post can explain how absolutely gorgeous this view was. It was a well stocked kitchen... I cooked several meals there and had no problem finding anything I needed. We had a full size coffee pot. Extra blankets and pillows for the sleeper sofa. We generally rent houses when we travel, and anyone that does knows how much hassle it is to bring and pack all of the necessities. Staying here, we had all the clean sheets, towels, washcloths, etc. that you could ever ask for (what a relief).

There is a lot of noise that can only be explained by the amount of FUN everyone has at this resort. The pools are huge and clean. My kids stayed in the lazy river for what seemed like days... lol. There are always an abundance of clean towels at the pool area. My youngest really enjoyed the kiddie pools, and I enjoyed them myself. Its so much easier to watch the little ones when the area is enclosed (the pool with the boat). There are so many hot tubs that none of them are ever crowded, and the resort seemed pretty full to me the week we were there. That said, the staff seemed to have no issue with keeping the grounds and pools maintained with that amount of guest, and that, to me, says they have it together. Even late in the evening you see areas being inspected and cleaned, and that is so important during the busy season.

The beach was beautiful, and clean as well. There is a lifeguard right in front of the beach access and plenty of chairs and umbrellas to rent, if necessary.

I appreciate the convenience of the store downstairs (one of mine forgot their toothbrush), and there are vending and drink machines on several floors. I used their business center to print several coupons and a gift card while we were there. My kids enjoyed the game room.
I really enjoyed the Ocean View Cafe (try the burgers... they are on a toasted bun.... yum). It is no pricier than Arby's. I didn't get to dine at Martin's but the smell coming out of there was delicious.

I would recommend this place to just about anyone looking for a resort with lots of amenities. We saw a little bit of everyone, of every age, families and single groups, young and old while we were there, and everyone seemed to have plenty to do and something to enjoy. We met lots of people who have been return customers for years, and I see why. That alone says a lot about the place to me. They may be seeing us again as soon as this fall (keeping my fingers crossed).
So if you are undecided, choose here... it won't disappoint.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for choosing to stay with us at Long Bay resort Hotel, we are happy to read your visit with us was comfortable and amazing.
We are whole heartedly committed to offering a diverse array of amenities to make our guests truly enjoyable. Our friendly staff is please to be of your service, and hope to see you soon again.
Cesar C. Guest Service Manager

Been to Long Bay Resort? Share your experiences!