“Pleasant stay” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #30 of 215 Hotels in Myrtle Beach
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
“Pleasant stay”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 19, 2013

I was here with a friend and my elderly parents for the past few days. We rented a three bedroom condo and were very pleased with the unit and its view. It was very handy to have a washer and dryer in the condo and we were able to go home with clean clothes. Having a kitchen made the food costs low as we did not have to go out for every meal. We enjoyed Martin's Restaurant for breakfast on the last day of the stay. There are also other restaurants and some bars in walking distance but you are 58 blocks away from the more touristy boardwalk area. If you want a more peaceful experience, then this is the place for you. The family also enjoyed the proximity to the beach, the pools and the lazy river. The only drawback is that you may have to drive a few miles to some of local attractions, such as the boardwalk, Barefoot Landing, waterparks and other shopping areas.

Room Tip: The higher the condo, the better the view of the ocean.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Cesar C, Front Office Manager at Long Bay Resort, responded to this review, June 22, 2013
Thank you for choosing Long Bay Resort for your recent stay in Myrtle Beach. I have read your comments about the hotel and we greatly appreciate that you took the time to write them, as our guests’ satisfaction is our main priority. I am happy to hear that the 3 bedroom Condo and its amenities meet your expectations and that you had an enjoyable breakfast at the restaurant. It was a pleasure to have you as our guest and we hope to see you soon. Cesar Colon Guest Service Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (330)
Martinez, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2013

Great hotel for a short getaway. We spend the weekend over Father's day. The room was nice and spacious. It had a fridge, microwave, small sink and coffeemaker with real cups (bring your own coffee)! It has a great pool area for kids. Some are shaded. The two restaurants on site are convenient. One for a quick bit while you are in your bathing suit, the other one a little more sit down and enjoy atmosphere. We did have the breakfast buffet. Price was pretty reasonable. Obviously the hotel is right on the beach which is a must for us. If I have to name one downside, it would be parking. Very small parking spots. Overall we enjoyed out stay!

Room Tip: If you book ocean front, ask for a room that is not blocked by THE SAVOY. (small hotel right in fron...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for taking the time to write your comments. I was delighted to hear you had an enjoyable time at our hotel during Father’s days It was a pleasure to have you as our guest. Our staff is pleased to be of service and eager to serve you again soon. Cesar Colon Guest Service Manager
Blackstone, VA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 15, 2013

We literally just got home from our FABULOUS vacation at the Long Bay Resort. This place did not disappoint... and I can't say enough about the staff, they are absolutely fantastic. Jennifer has to be the most congenial and hospitable manager I have ever encountered, and we travel to lots of coastal destinations. The young ladies at the front desk are also very nice and informative, and the concierge was a HUGE help considering we had never traveled to MB as a family. The housekeeping staff is quick to give you anything you need, and they CLEAN these rooms.

We stayed in a 3 bedroom oceanfront condo on the top floor and it was generously spacious for our family of six (two adults, two teenagers, a 10 year old and a 5 year old). Our condo was BEAUTIFUL and the view was spectacular. No picture I can post can explain how absolutely gorgeous this view was. It was a well stocked kitchen... I cooked several meals there and had no problem finding anything I needed. We had a full size coffee pot. Extra blankets and pillows for the sleeper sofa. We generally rent houses when we travel, and anyone that does knows how much hassle it is to bring and pack all of the necessities. Staying here, we had all the clean sheets, towels, washcloths, etc. that you could ever ask for (what a relief).

There is a lot of noise that can only be explained by the amount of FUN everyone has at this resort. The pools are huge and clean. My kids stayed in the lazy river for what seemed like days... lol. There are always an abundance of clean towels at the pool area. My youngest really enjoyed the kiddie pools, and I enjoyed them myself. Its so much easier to watch the little ones when the area is enclosed (the pool with the boat). There are so many hot tubs that none of them are ever crowded, and the resort seemed pretty full to me the week we were there. That said, the staff seemed to have no issue with keeping the grounds and pools maintained with that amount of guest, and that, to me, says they have it together. Even late in the evening you see areas being inspected and cleaned, and that is so important during the busy season.

The beach was beautiful, and clean as well. There is a lifeguard right in front of the beach access and plenty of chairs and umbrellas to rent, if necessary.

I appreciate the convenience of the store downstairs (one of mine forgot their toothbrush), and there are vending and drink machines on several floors. I used their business center to print several coupons and a gift card while we were there. My kids enjoyed the game room.
I really enjoyed the Ocean View Cafe (try the burgers... they are on a toasted bun.... yum). It is no pricier than Arby's. I didn't get to dine at Martin's but the smell coming out of there was delicious.

I would recommend this place to just about anyone looking for a resort with lots of amenities. We saw a little bit of everyone, of every age, families and single groups, young and old while we were there, and everyone seemed to have plenty to do and something to enjoy. We met lots of people who have been return customers for years, and I see why. That alone says a lot about the place to me. They may be seeing us again as soon as this fall (keeping my fingers crossed).
So if you are undecided, choose here... it won't disappoint.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for choosing to stay with us at Long Bay resort Hotel, we are happy to read your visit with us was comfortable and amazing.
We are whole heartedly committed to offering a diverse array of amenities to make our guests truly enjoyable. Our friendly staff is please to be of your service, and hope to see you soon again.
Cesar C. Guest Service Manager
Parkersburg, West Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 14, 2013

This was our first stay at this resort but will not be our last. We arrived with a family of 7 to a perfect condo. Staff was excellent as was the room. Was a perfect stay unlike others we have had in the Myrtle Beach area. This resort has my booking for next year and probably for years to come. If your looking for a retreat this one's for you. Keep up the great work Long Bay !!!!!!!!

Room Tip: Corner condo's are very spacious with a fantastic view.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for choosing to stay with us at Long Bay resort Hotel, we are happy to read your visit was a fantastic stay. Our friendly staff is please to be of your service, and hope to see you soon again. Cesar C. Guest Service Manager
Hamilton, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 12, 2013

My husband and I recently stayed at the Long Bay Beach Resort the week of May 27th- June 3rd. It was our first time there and after a great week we will probably return.The hotel was clean and the staff friendly and helpful. I have to say the manager Caesar was great. After a mix up in our room reservation, he was able to accomodate us in a beautiful room.It was great having theStarbucks conveniently located in lobby as well as a restaurant. The pools were good and the grounds well kept. Lots of lounges around the pool. I don't know if it was because it was early in the season, or because a new tiki bar was under construction but it would be nice to have poolside music. All in all we were quite pleased with the accomodations and facilties and especially the very helpful manger Caesar.Will come again.

Room Tip: Higher rooms away from the parking ramp.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you for taking the time to write your comments. I was delighted to hear you had an enjoyable time at our hotel during your stay. We are whole heartedly committed to offering a diverse array of amenities to make our guests truly enjoyable. Should you need any further assistance for future reservations, please do not hesitate to contact us. Cesar C Guest Service Manager.
Raleigh, North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 10, 2013

I absolutely love this place! The price itself is awesome but what makes it so amazing is the staff!! They are so accommodating to your every need, big or small. The different pools and play area are ideal for families!! The housekeeping kept our room spotless and always fully stocked. Eleanor was always so sweet and accommodating! She truly was the icing on the cake!!!! The golf services are the best on the beach. The gift shop is a great place to find the souvenirs for your loved ones! I can go on and on about the things I love about this resort. Going on a vacation is suppose to be fun and complicated free. This is the resort for you because they do all the work so you can enjoy your stay. I have no complaints and that is always a awesome feeling when returning from a vacation. I will be back!!! I look forward to the resort, beach, staff, and all the kind smiling faces next year!!!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
Thank you for choosing Long Bay Resort. I am happy to hear we were able to accomodate you in every need. We strive to provide you a room that is clean and comfortable, with friendly attentive service at a value conscious price. I am please to be of your service, and hope to see you soon again. Cesar Colon Guest Service Manager
High Point, North Carolina
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 10, 2013

Our family stayed 4 nights at Long Bay last week. We stayed in an Oceanfront Suite. I would say overall this would probably about the same as a 2 Star Hotel. The staff was friendly. The room quality could really use a renovation, especially the bathroom. We had an issue with our first room, the popcorn ceiling was falling on the beds. We were moved to another room which was fine and glad they made the right decision. If you are just looking for a room and a place to sleep while in Myrtle Beach, this hotel would be fine for you. The price was very reasonable for this time of year. Although we didn't use the facilities that much, the resort did offer a lot to do, especially if you have younger kids. They had a Lazy River, nice pool areas-both covered and outdoor, Hot Tubs, plenty of chairs and other things to do. The beach had a good access to it. One other thing to point out and this was a bit disappointing, the bedroom was at the front of the entry and not on the ocean. I've always love the hotels that have their rooms on the ocean so you can open the doors and hear the ocean. Overall, it wasn't a bad place to stay and would consider staying there in the future.

Room Tip: I always recommend Oceanfront.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Please accept our sincere apologies for the inconvenience you may have experienced in respect to the ceiling in your room. We appreciate your feedback as we always strive for perfection, taken steps to ensure that this will never happen again. I am also glad to hear that we made the right decisions to improve your stay giving us a second chance considering to return in the future. It was a pleasure to have you as our guest. Our staff is pleased to be of service and eager to serve you again soon. Should you have any further questions or comments regarding this matter, please feel free to contact me. Cesar Colon Guest Service Manager

Been to Long Bay Resort? Share your experiences!