“Good overall” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #29 of 214 hotels in Myrtle Beach
Manchester, New Hampshire
“Good overall”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 6, 2013

Overall, this property was good.
The staff was great and they did the best they could with what they had.
The hotel itself was decent. The pools, lazy river and Jacuzzi all needed to be cleaned and fixed.
It very well could have been that we came toward the end of a slower season. I wouldn't object to going back.

Room Tip: Don't check in anytime from 7-10. You'll be waiting forever!
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Jennifer M, Guest Relations Manager at Long Bay Resort, responded to this review, May 8, 2013
Thank you for your review on TripAdvisor!!

We appreciate you choosing Long Bay Resort for your recent visit! Our staff’s mission is to provide outstanding customer service to all of our guests. They really enjoy what they do here and we’re glad it shows! I’m sorry to hear that you felt the pools were not up to par as far as maintenance or cleanliness is concerned. I personally walk to pool decks along with members of management throughout the day to ensure that we are providing our guests with a clean, relaxing and fun place to enjoy with friends and family. If there was anything in particular you feel we can improve on, please do not hesitate to call me directly. We strive to offer the best guest experience in Myrtle Beach and look forward to having you as our guest in the near future!

1,425 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (278)
Cincinnati, Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 4, 2013

This is our 2nd trip to Long Bay, both times we rented a 3bedroom oceanfront in the Savoy. We enjoy that building because it's closer to the ocean and it has it's own parking garage. We stayed in room 503 in Sept. 2012 and were told that it would be undergoing renovations this winter, so we requested the room again for our April 2013 stay. It hadn't been updated at all, which was a bit disappointing as the room is VERY outdated. But it is clean and you can't beat the views. We did ask to see a 3bedroom oceanfront room in the main tower, which the front desk was very willing to let us see. I can tell you that they are MUCH more updated than the Savoy room we were in, but I'd probably still pick the Savoy! The pool/hottub and lazy river areas are very nice and kept extremely clean. It's really a perfect family resort. (all staff we came into contact with was very friendly, too) We will be back!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Jennifer M, Guest Relations Manager at Long Bay Resort, responded to this review, May 6, 2013
Thank you for your TripAdvisor review!!

We appreciate choosing Long Bay Resort again. We are currently working with our Savoy homeowners to upgrade the necessities in their units. Many of our homeowners have already made great improvements! We do try to schedule these projects in the off-season as some of the projects require the unit to be blocked for a week or more at a time. We are always open to any suggestions for improvements in our resort, especially from our guests!

We're glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay again and I am happy to hear that the staff continues to take such great care of our guests! We look forward to seeing you again in the near future. If there is anything I can do to further assist you, please do not hesitate to contact me directly!

Columbia, South Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 1, 2013

I have stayed at Long Bay Resort on multiple occasions, both for business and pleasure and can say, without a doubt, it is one my favorite spots to stay at the beach. Their facilities are clean, up-to-date, and in a great location!! They have both indoor and outdoor pools as well as a great restaurant!! Their staff is competent and helpful and any time I have had any kind of problem, they have gone out of their way to make sure they took care of it right away to my satisfaction! They work hard to make their reputation top-notch and it shows in their facilities and their people!! I will keep going back!!

Room Tip: Get the ocean front if you can.....it's awesome to face the beach!!
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Jennifer M, Guest Relations Manager at Long Bay Resort, responded to this review, May 2, 2013
Thank you for your review on TripAdvisor!!

We can't thank you enough for you referral here on TripAdvisor! Guest satisfaction is always our top priority and is one of the many reasons why our guests continue to stay at Long Bay Resort!
We appreciate your loyalty and look forward to having you as our guest for years to come!

Virginia
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 30, 2013

We've been staying here for at least 10 years, once or twice a year, for beach time and golfing trips. The last couple of times, most recently in March, the rooms were very worn looking and dated. We booked a 2-bedroom suite, and were given a room with 1 bedroom, and the 2nd "bedroom" was in the living room area. This took up all the space that should have been a living room, so there was no sofa or chair. Trying to watch TV or relax after a day of golf was very inconvenient, We had to sit on the bed, or bring the small hard dinette chairs into the room. In addition, the water pressure in the shower was very low. When we called the desk to complain, they said "yeah, we've been having trouble with that in the whole wing". Why rent the rooms if they know they are faulty?

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
Jennifer M, Guest Relations Manager at Long Bay Resort, responded to this review, May 1, 2013
Thank you for your TripAdvisor review!!

I'm sorry to hear that your stay was not what you are typically used to during your many visits here at Long Bay Resort. We are always working to upgrade our units each and every year. During your visit in March, we had already begun the installation of new upholstered arm chairs, new bed spreads, dressing mirrors and new sofas for our units. We hope to have all of this years newest upgrades completely installed by the end of May as we have to work around our occupied rooms.

I apologize for the issue with your water pressure. As in many oceanfront resorts in Myrtle Beach, we do occasionally have plumbing or electrical issues that will affect our guests. We have already scheduled for work to be done to ensure that all of our guests have every luxury in their units that they would expect when travelling! We strive to exceed every guest expectation and have always made it our mission at Long Bay to provide above and beyond customer service. We would never intentionally rent a unit with any maintenance issues.

If there is anything I can be of further assistance with, please do not hesitate to contact me directly.

NC
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 29, 2013

My family has been coming to Long Bay Resort for years as a winter weekend getaway. So, when we decided to bring our son for his third birthday, I turned to Long Bay when looking for a place to go with an indoor 'water park'. We booked a three-bedroom condo in the Savoy (#503) and got a really great rate for the weekend of 4/27.

Upon arrival, I was saddened that the enclosure was removed for the indoor pool areas. It was a little chilly and our youngest (one year old) didn't get to swim much because he stayed so cold. But, I understand that the resort has to make the decision of when to remove the enclosure. The birthday boy still loved it, so all was well!

I was not very thrilled about the unit itself. It was clean, but the carpet was coming up in the entry way and seemed to not meet the walls in places (which meant lots of crumbs and yuck gathered there for my kids to explore). One of the bedrooms reeked of cigarette smoke smell at night, so I had to leave the door open so my baby didn't sleep in the stench. When traveling, I like to feel like I'm in paradise (an upgrade from the everyday), but the outdated decor in this unit was pretty lackluster. It was definitely sub-par from the other rooms I've stayed in at Long Bay. I had my fingers crossed for an updated room, but we didn't get one. It's a luck of the draw, and after unloading all of our stuff I didn't have the energy to request a room move.

A note about the lazy river -- It does have a sign for you to use inner-tubes for floating, which I appreciate. We've been at another resort where there were no such rules and the river was flooded with wild kids swimming -- and it was impossible to just laze. However, my three-year-old was in his flotation device floating around one evening (happily!) and we were asked to put him in an inner tube and doing so made it impossible for him to enjoy the floating. The huge ring could have drowned him itself. But, I know there are rules for a reason, so we made do. It'd just be great to somehow have smaller tubes for little ones if tubes are going to be requirements. Or, alternatively, allow them to float with their own flotation devices.

Starbucks was great each morning. Parking underneath the Savoy building was so convenient! And the view -- wow -- doesn't get any better than that. I felt like we were sitting on the ocean! The location was great. The beach was clean and the pool area was very well-kept.

Overall, it was a pleasant experience. If we decide to go again, we may check out some other properties, or attempt to request an updated room.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Jennifer M, Guest Relations Manager at Long Bay Resort, responded to this review, April 30, 2013
Thank you for your review on TripAdvisor!!

We appreciate you taking the time out to share your experience with others! Let us start by wishing your "Birthday Boy" a happy 3rd birthday! I'm sorry to hear that your unit was not up to par. We are currently working with all of our Savoy and main tower homeowners to complete any upgrades for this year prior to summer. We can understand how being on vacation for our guests should feel like Paradise and are always here if we can help accomplish that in any way.

I have already ordered smaller floats for the lazy river for our "little" guests for the upcoming season as we have already recognized a need for them! I'm happy to hear that you all enjoyed the convenience of Starbucks and the parking closer to Savoy.

Please do not hesitate to contact me personally for your next family vacation to Myrtle Beach. I will be more than happy to help make that next vacation one to remember!

Lawrenceville, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 28, 2013

This was our third Golf outing to N. Myrtle Beach and found it to be equally outstanding as the first two years. Sarah Everett was amazingly hellpful in finding the courses to play and working with our group to ensure everything was as we requested; to inculude room assignments and a room change for one of us to stay an additional day. The staff and accommodations at Long bay Resort were excellent; as they have been for all three years.

Room Tip: The ocean view 3-bdrom condos were outstanding for the group of 12 people; stayed on the 11th floor...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
Jennifer M, Guest Relations Manager at Long Bay Resort, responded to this review, April 29, 2013
Thank you for writing a review for us on TripAdvisor.com!!

We are happy to hear that we continue to be your #1 destination for a golf getaway in Myrtle Beach. We are very lucky to have Sarah Everett as part of our golf team as she consistently provides above and beyond service to all of our golf groups! We appreciate you taking out the time to recognize a fantastic member of our staff!

Thank you again for choosing Long Bay Resort and we look forward to having you as our guest in the near future.

4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 27, 2013 via mobile

If you are looking for good value right on the beach can't beat longbay. We booked an "ocean view" room my wife and I and 4 year old son. With all the money saved we were able to enjoy are long weekend as we chose. The beach was not crowded the hotel quiet and rooms were fine. Nothing special in terms of service or room perks but if you want that spend more money. Only thing don't spend the extra money on ocean view unless you just need the balcony we could barely see the ocean from the 3rd floor overlooking the public beach parking lot. Wifi was spotty and lazy river great for the kid.

• Stayed April 2013
Jennifer M, Guest Relations Manager at Long Bay Resort, responded to this review, April 28, 2013
Thank you for writing a review for us on TripAdvisor.com!!

We're so happy you enjoyed the hotel location and all we have to offer. We will address the issue with your WIFI and hope that you were able to use our brand new business center located on the second floor for any of your computer needs! We're happy to hear that your little one loved the lazy river. It's always a hit with children and parents alike!

We appreciate your referral and hope to see you again real soon!

Resort Manager

Been to Long Bay Resort? Share your experiences!