“A Great Place for Myrtle Beach in March” 4 of 5 stars

Offers & Announcements
25% Off + FREE Breakfast
Ranked #32 of 217 Hotels in Myrtle Beach
Hagerstown, Maryland
“A Great Place for Myrtle Beach in March”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 15, 2013

We stayed in a 3 bedroom overlooking the beach - we really enjoyed our stay. The indoor pool and lazy river and whirlpools were great - kids loved the pool area. The outdoor pool area is sheltered from the wind so even though it was cool outside, you could sunbathe by the pool. The room was good. Beds were comfortable and it was all clean. Our housekeeping staff were excellent and did more than advertised. Some of the fixtures are beginning to show their age - the dishwasher had some clunks and broken bits - it worked. The restaurant, Martins, my kids say was fancy and quiet and nice and the food was excellent - go for the early bird for better prices. We would recommend this place for families and in March I think it is one of the few places on the beach where you can spend a lot of time by the pool outside because of the protection from the wind.

Room Tip: Go higher than the 10th floor to avoid parking lot noise and to get an unobstructed view of the beac...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Corey_Shaw, Front Office Manager at Long Bay Resort, responded to this review, March 21, 2013
Thank you for writing a review for us on TripAdvisor.com!!

Long Bay Resort benefits from a very unique architectural design. As you mentioned, the north wing of the building juts out past the pool onto the front lawn. The main tower sits behind it, while the Savoy building blocks the south perimeter. This creates a tall-standing, horseshoe-shaped barrier, surrounding the large outdoor pool deck and shielding you from that chilly March breeze.

We're glad you were able to enjoy the restaurant and other amenities during your stay and we look forward to serving you again in the future!

Guest Services Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (412)
Maxton, NC
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 15, 2013

Stayed at Long Bay Resort for overnight, check in was quick, saved money by booking for this hotel through booking.com our room was clean and roomy. Indoor heated pool was big and really warm felt great. There are 3 hot tubs indoors and 1 outdoors ping-pong table & hugh chess game are located beside the indoor lazy river. There's a kiddie pool with umbrellas for smaller kids to enjoy. Loved the indoor activites in the cold march winds.There also a sweat lodge which is nice. The only complaint that I have is the Wi-Fi is super slow & our fridge was leaking water in the floor in room 438. But over all our stay was great and we will be back.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for writing a review for us on TripAdvisor.

Thank you for choosing Long Bay for your last-minute, overnight stay. It sounds like you were able to take advantage of many of our amenities during your short stay.

I've informed our maintenance team about the refrigerator. Upon closer inspection, it seems the fridge was not actively leaking, but rather just left in defrost mode by the housekeeper prior to your arrival. Regardless, I apologize for the inconvenience.

We hope that when you decide to return to Long Bay Resort, you are able to stay longer! Please feel free to contact me if I can provide any assistance.

Anderson, South Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 12, 2013

We stayed in a two bedroom north view apartment. We had a side view of the ocean(see attached photo).The room was very clean & the kitchen well stocked with cups etc. The bed was comfortable. We used the pool with the grandchildren both nights. The indoor pool was warm but lazy river too cold. Pool area was very clean. We ate at Martins restaurant both mornings, it was excellent! The service was good and the buffet was way better than any buffet I ever had! This resort is a great value for the price!

Room Tip: Side view of ocean from North view 2 room apartment (room 315)
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Corey_Shaw, Front Office Manager at Long Bay Resort, responded to this review, March 14, 2013
Thank you for writing a review for us on TripAdvisor.com!!

I'm glad you enjoyed the restaurants, pools, amenities and the room during your visit. We look forward to serving you again in the future!

Louisville, Kentucky, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 5, 2013

This is my third stay at Long Bay. Everything about the resort is nice. I had paid in full before I checked in so this process was the formality of getting my room keys. My room was on the first floor which was nice for me, no stairs or elevators. I wasn't disappointed in my room but I had a side view of the ocean and the next resort. I wasn't on vacation for the view or beach, but for the golf! The rooms seemed as though they might have been freshly painted, new linens, carpeting and bathroom fixtures. So if clean is what you want, then Long Bay resort is for you. As far as the restaurant, I had breakfast each morning. Nothing outstanding but a good traditional breakfast. The only problem was the resort's wireless Internet, just not very good reception in the room or pool area.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled solo
Corey_Shaw, Front Office Manager at Long Bay Resort, responded to this review, March 6, 2013
Thanks for writing a review for us on TripAdvisor!!

We appreciate your loyalty and acknowledgement of the many renovations we have recently completed. While there are no wireless access points in the pool area, you should have no problem connecting to the internet while in your room? While staying here, please let us know if you have any problems so that our maintenance team can inspect the wireless equipment closest to your room.

We strive to make Long Bay Resort the best hotel on the beach! I'm glad you enjoyed your stay despite the issues with the Wi-Fi. Please feel free to contact me directly if I can be of any assistance.

Charleston, South Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 4, 2013

My family and I stayed here Mar 1-3,2013. We rented a 3BR condo. The layout was perfect. My husband and I have 5 teenagers between us so, roomy was key. This condo felt like it was so much bigger than it actually was . When I walked in, I instantly had a good feeling about this room. It felt like home. The room was clean and the master bathroom was very large. It even had a walk-in closet!

Parking was also nice. The garage was infront of the hotel. It was nice to be able to park our car near our room. We were on the 8th floor. We could open our door and walk over to our car in seconds. Big Bonus.

Next were the great pools. Very clean. The kids loved the pingpong tables and the arcade.

Starbucks was downstairs along with a fine dining restaurant and an ocean front cafe. There was also a great burger place next to the hotel.
The location was another great thing. It was far enough away from the "Busy" section of Myrtle Beach but close enough to drive there in minutes.

I can't say enough good things about this hotel! You really never have to leave for anything. Entertainment, food, and fun was all onsite!

We will most certainly be back.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for writing a review for us on TripAdvisor!!

As a full service resort, we attempt to provide everything you could possibly need without having to leave the property. In the coming weeks we will be reopening our new & improved convenient store, so you can pick up all those items you forgot to pack!

I'm so happy to hear that you were able to take advantage of all we have to offer. We look forward to serving you during your next stay with us!

Jacksonville, North Carolina, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 1, 2013

I have stayed at longbay resort for about ten years.the resort is very nice,staff is friendly and helpful.we got free breakfast every moring what a plus .free coffee from starbucks each day,nice ocean front room great view.I love the hottub and the heated pool and lazy river real plus when weather is cold out side.

Room Tip: all rooms are nice.but with great value go for ocean front
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Corey_Shaw, Front Office Manager at Long Bay Resort, responded to this review, March 3, 2013
Thank you for writing a review for us on TripAdvisor!

It sounds like you took advantage of our recent Winter Waves promotion. We are always running different specials that can include breakfast, Starbucks, Visa gift cards and other promotional incentives. Keep your eyes peeled for the next reason to come back and visit!

We look forward to serving you again during your next stay!

Greenville, North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 28, 2013

My girlfriend and I stayed at this hotel the weekend of Feb. 9-10. This was our second year in a row staying with the Long Bay Resort and we believe that this will be our place of choice for all our trips to Myrtle Beach. We had a 3 bedroom condo which was more than enough space for us and our friends. I really love how everything you need for cooking is in the full size kitchen. The staff were all very helpful and friendly. Special thanks to Corey Shaw for all his help with our special requests (top floor, oceanfront). Couldn't be happier with our stay at The Long Bay Resort....KEEP UP THE GREAT WORK!!!!!!

Room Tip: I suggest getting a room on a higher floor. The views can not be beat.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Corey_Shaw, Front Office Manager at Long Bay Resort, responded to this review, March 1, 2013
Thanks for writing a review on TripAdvisor!!

We sincerely appreciate the referral and we're happy we could make your visit a memorable one. We'll see you again next February!