“Nonsmoking room....????” 3 of 5 stars

Ranked #34 of 215 Hotels in Myrtle Beach
Wilkesboro, North Carolina
“Nonsmoking room....????”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 18, 2013

We have stayed at Long Bay many times through the years and loved it....but now it seems to be getting a little run down. We booked a nonsmoking room; however, smoke kept coming in underneath the sink in the kitchenette from another room, sometimes the smoke odor was really bad. Also, the ocean view room really isn't ocean view unless you get all the way over in the corner of the balcony and then you can see the ocean.

PROS: Clean, nice amenities, good location.
CONS: Smoke in room......I wish all hotels were smoke-free.

I would stay here again in a different room.

Room Tip: Choose ocean front if you are interested in seeing the ocean.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
Corey_Shaw, Front Office Manager at Long Bay Resort, responded to this review, February 20, 2013
Thank you for writing a review for us on TripAdvisor.com. This is one of the many channels we use to obtain feedback from guests.

I apologize for the poor impression and appearance of our resort. Quite the contrary, we have recently completed many renovations to keep our resort competitive with surrounding properties. These include all new kitchen cabinets, granite counter tops, flat screen televisions, and many new couches & other furnishings. Additionally, this past summer, the entire building was given a fresh coat of paint.

While all the rooms are Non-Smoking, it is permitted on the balconies. I apologize if a neighboring guest disrupted your stay. Please do not ever hesitate to contact the front desk so that we can potentially address the issue, or relocate you to an alternate unit if possible.

I'm glad you enjoyed the amenities and location despite these shortcomings. Please feel free to contact me directly if I can be of any assistance. We hope to see you again in the future.

Guest Services Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (388)
Greenville, North Carolina
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 18, 2013

The long bay is a great hotel for the price. I stayed there over a weekend on a short family getaway. We were in a oceanfront 2 queen suite. The room set up was perfect having a small kitchen and living room area. The murphy bed was surprisingly comfy also. Our view could not had been more perfect. The blankets need a little updating but over all I could not complain about the room it was clean. The staff was wonderful and Jennifer at the front desk had my 8 year old smiling and laughing as well during the check in process. Very family friendly. My 2 complaints are..... I wish there was someone on staff in the pool area. The lazy river seems to be used more for a race track with young kids not enjoying the "lazy" part of it. and the Parking garage is attached the the rooms. Where the makes it convienent for getting in and out the noise factor was another story. It only took one rude person the reave up thier car loudly to wake everyone up on that level. Not the hotels fault but something to think about while driving in and out of there. Also make sure to not drive a huge car. Parking in the garage is very tight.

Room Tip: try to at least request the 4th floor or higher. That puts you at a decent height just above tree t...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for writing a review for us on TripAdvisor.

I'm happy to know that you had a good time visiting the resort. We do employ a Pool Attendant to supervise all of our water features during the busy season, which is just around the corner. During the winter months, Managers and Maintenance Technicians all pitch in to keep things in order. Obviously, we need to make a stronger effort to be more of a presence, and I will follow up with our staff going forward.

We sincerely appreciate your business and look forward to serving you again in the future.

Charleston, West Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 15, 2013 via mobile

My boyfriend and I needed somewhere quiet to get away to. I was a little worried cause i had read some bad reviews, however this hotel is great. Our room was clean, the beds comfy and the staff were very helpful. I will definitelystay here again.

• Stayed February 2013
Corey_Shaw, Front Office Manager at Long Bay Resort, responded to this review, February 16, 2013
Thank you for writing a review for us on TripAdvisor!

I'm sorry that some negative reviews may have given you a poor impression before arriving, but I'm glad you gave us a chance to prove them wrong. We strive to be the number one resort in Myrtle Beach!

We look forward to serving you again in the future!

Chesapeake, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 15, 2013

I stayed three nights, the room was clean and plenty of space. The breakfast (included) was nice, the bacon was crisp and you could get a fresh omelet. I did not use the pool area but plenty of people (young and old) were. I used Long Boy Resort the last time I came for a golf trip (ten years ago) and will use them the next time I go on one. I just will not wait ten years.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled solo
Thank you for writing a review for us on TripAdvisor.com!!

We sincerely appreciate your loyalty and referral. We're even happier to hear you will not wait another ten years to return. It was the bacon that did it, wasn't it? Most all of our golf packages include breakfast at Martin's each morning, and it's a perfect way to start the day!

We look forward to serving you again in the future!

Elgin, South Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 10, 2013

Went to Myrtle Beach for one of my daughter's dance competitions and wanted to stay someplace, nice. Long Bay delivered, and then some! Very nice rooms, indoor pool with lazy river was very nice, service was outstanding, and off season price was unbelievable! We WILL be staying here again next year! Would HIGHLY recommend staying here, especially if you're bringing a family.

Room Tip: Off season price is truly UNBELIEVABLE!!
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
Corey_Shaw, Front Office Manager at Long Bay Resort, responded to this review, February 12, 2013
Thank you for writing a review for us on TripAdvisor.com!!

We're happy you chose Long Bay Resort for your lodging during your dance competition. We're even happier that we were able to deliver the experience we strive to provide for all of our guests, every single day of the year!

I hope she did well in the competition, and we look forward to serving you during your next trip to the beach!

5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 10, 2013

My mom recently passed. My dad more to north Carolina and we took him for a weekend getaway. He was truly moved by room and people. We relaxed,watched the sunrise and drank coffee as we watched dolphins swing along the coast.

• Stayed February 2013
Thank you for writing our 1,0000th review on Trip Advisor!!

It's especially rewarding to me when I hear that we were able to make such an important family reunion that much more enjoyable.

We sincerely appreciate your patronage and hope to see you again real soon!

Louisville, Kentucky
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 31, 2013

Rented an oceanfront condo with a full kitchen. Had the whole family there. It had 3 bedrooms and lots of space. It was very clean. The only problem I had was with the parking, it is very close and hard to park. The hotel has great winter rates, and it was warm enough to walk on the beach during the day. We love Myrtle Beach in the winter, and the golfing is great.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Corey_Shaw, Front Office Manager at Long Bay Resort, responded to this review, February 3, 2013
Thank you for writing a review for us on TripAdvisor!

We appreciate your business and are happy to know you had such a wonderful time. Parking is definitely a challenge anywhere you go in Myrtle Beach. I've been in some parking garages that are so tight, I would be afraid to navigate the levels with a bicycle. If you ever find the garage too much of a challenge, please feel free to use the overflow lot across the street from the building. Also, during the winter months, the beach access parking on either side of the building is free.

Again, thank you for the referral, and we look forward to serving you again in the future.

Guest Services Manager

Been to Long Bay Resort? Share your experiences!