“We love it here!!” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #36 of 214 hotels in Myrtle Beach
Charleston, West Virginia
“We love it here!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 15, 2013 via mobile

My boyfriend and I needed somewhere quiet to get away to. I was a little worried cause i had read some bad reviews, however this hotel is great. Our room was clean, the beds comfy and the staff were very helpful. I will definitelystay here again.

• Stayed February 2013
Corey_Shaw, Front Office Manager at Long Bay Resort, responded to this review, February 16, 2013
Thank you for writing a review for us on TripAdvisor!

I'm sorry that some negative reviews may have given you a poor impression before arriving, but I'm glad you gave us a chance to prove them wrong. We strive to be the number one resort in Myrtle Beach!

We look forward to serving you again in the future!

1,480 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (293)
Chesapeake, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 15, 2013

I stayed three nights, the room was clean and plenty of space. The breakfast (included) was nice, the bacon was crisp and you could get a fresh omelet. I did not use the pool area but plenty of people (young and old) were. I used Long Boy Resort the last time I came for a golf trip (ten years ago) and will use them the next time I go on one. I just will not wait ten years.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled solo
Thank you for writing a review for us on TripAdvisor.com!!

We sincerely appreciate your loyalty and referral. We're even happier to hear you will not wait another ten years to return. It was the bacon that did it, wasn't it? Most all of our golf packages include breakfast at Martin's each morning, and it's a perfect way to start the day!

We look forward to serving you again in the future!

Elgin, South Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 10, 2013

Went to Myrtle Beach for one of my daughter's dance competitions and wanted to stay someplace, nice. Long Bay delivered, and then some! Very nice rooms, indoor pool with lazy river was very nice, service was outstanding, and off season price was unbelievable! We WILL be staying here again next year! Would HIGHLY recommend staying here, especially if you're bringing a family.

Room Tip: Off season price is truly UNBELIEVABLE!!
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
Corey_Shaw, Front Office Manager at Long Bay Resort, responded to this review, February 12, 2013
Thank you for writing a review for us on TripAdvisor.com!!

We're happy you chose Long Bay Resort for your lodging during your dance competition. We're even happier that we were able to deliver the experience we strive to provide for all of our guests, every single day of the year!

I hope she did well in the competition, and we look forward to serving you during your next trip to the beach!

5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 10, 2013 via mobile

My mom recently passed. My dad more to north Carolina and we took him for a weekend getaway. He was truly moved by room and people. We relaxed,watched the sunrise and drank coffee as we watched dolphins swing along the coast.

• Stayed February 2013
Thank you for writing our 1,0000th review on Trip Advisor!!

It's especially rewarding to me when I hear that we were able to make such an important family reunion that much more enjoyable.

We sincerely appreciate your patronage and hope to see you again real soon!

Louisville, Kentucky
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 31, 2013

Rented an oceanfront condo with a full kitchen. Had the whole family there. It had 3 bedrooms and lots of space. It was very clean. The only problem I had was with the parking, it is very close and hard to park. The hotel has great winter rates, and it was warm enough to walk on the beach during the day. We love Myrtle Beach in the winter, and the golfing is great.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Corey_Shaw, Front Office Manager at Long Bay Resort, responded to this review, February 3, 2013
Thank you for writing a review for us on TripAdvisor!

We appreciate your business and are happy to know you had such a wonderful time. Parking is definitely a challenge anywhere you go in Myrtle Beach. I've been in some parking garages that are so tight, I would be afraid to navigate the levels with a bicycle. If you ever find the garage too much of a challenge, please feel free to use the overflow lot across the street from the building. Also, during the winter months, the beach access parking on either side of the building is free.

Again, thank you for the referral, and we look forward to serving you again in the future.

Taylors, South Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 28, 2013

We were at the beach for a major surgery of my brother and we stayed in a 3 bedroom condo. I booked this online and was a little nervous since I was not familiar with this resort. Upon check-in I explained that we did not know how long we would need to stay and I had booked with a third party. They assured me it would be no problem, they would match my online rate, and help however they could. Several days later when just my mom stayed, they moved her from our 3 bedroom unit to a 1 bedroom and even let us move her luggage early to enable us to go back to the hospital. At this time of crisis in our family, the staff of Long Bay Resort, went over and above to make our accommodations stress free and wonderful. I can not explain what a place of refuge this resort was for our family. I can't wait to go back for a "fun" trip.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
Corey_Shaw, Front Office Manager at Long Bay Resort, responded to this review, January 29, 2013
Thank for you for writing a review for us on TripAdvisor!!

We are happy to know that we could take even a little stress off your shoulders during this time of need. We are looking forward to serving you again in the future under better circumstances.

Thanks again for your kind words.

Winston-Salem, North Carolina, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2013

What a great place! The location couldn't be better. Easily drive to N. Myrtle and S. Myrtle. Broadway at the Beach, Barefoot Landing, Carolina Opry...All no more than 10 minutes away. Restaurants on site and lots of others very close. The staff is excellent and really make you feel as though this is your home away from home. They were very responsive and courteous! The suite was beautiful and my family loved the heated pools and lazy river! This is a year-round resort!

Room Tip: We prefer higher rooms for the maximum view from the balcony, but if being near your car is importan...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Corey_Shaw, Front Office Manager at Long Bay Resort, responded to this review, January 24, 2013
Thank you for writing a review for us on TripAdvisor.com!!

We appreciate all the kind words about the staff and our resort. Location is everything, and you are right in saying we are the epicenter of everything Myrtle Beach has to offer.

Thanks again and we look forward to serving you again in the future!

Guest Services Manager

Been to Long Bay Resort? Share your experiences!