Overall the rooms are nice and clean and the facilities are great for families. Upon check-in, we were greeted pleasantly and had a speedy check-in around midnight. However, we were told something about a few steps we would have to take to get to our room. Well, try a half flight or so of steps and then a long hallway. No way to use a luggage cart. This was not our idea of fun so we were greeted by security and taken to a queen suite that met our needs much better. The oceanfront regular rooms all have steps. Not practical when traveling!
Our stay was nice and the staff was friendly. A beautiful view of the ocean too bad the weather did not cooperate!
Our last night was most unpleasant. A group of young people congregated in the parking garage outside our room off and on all night long beginning around 3. We should have notified the desk but with their engines revving and all of the noise I kept thinking security would handle it. Finally, around 7:15 I did call to find out that security was gone and there was nothing they could do. My fault for not calling but I also feel like more monitoring should have taken place. We could understand their complete conversations. I did step in the hall at 5:30 and one of them apologized. They disappeared for about an hour and then back at it. If you are a light sleeper, you will want to be above the parking garage because you can hear the cars going around and all of the voices.
All in all a good resort with clean facilities and a friendly staff. This was our third visit. I may think about checking other options next time or definitely request a higher floor.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located on the more quiet north end of Myrtle Beach you are just seconds from the heart of attractions and restaurants. Long Bay resort has been a favorite among families and golfers for decades. Enjoy newly renovated accommodations with your choice rooms, suites, efficiencies and condo all with the comforts of home. Check out any of our onsite food and beverage outlets, there’s Martins restaurant, the Seaside Cafe, Starbucks Cafe and our oceanfront Tiki Hut. And let’s not forget about the amenities. No beach vacation is completes without a dip in one of our many water features. There’s our in and outdoor kiddies pool areas with silly submarine and mushroom waterfalls, our heated indoor lazy river, our ocean front outdoor pool deck with pool and Jacuzzi, our indoor pool, a sauna and much more. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Cheap Tickets, Priceline, Expedia, MyrtleBeachHotels, AAA Travel Services, Orbitz, Despegar.com, Travelocity, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your Long Bay Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Long Bay Hotel Myrtle Beach
- Long Bay Resort Myrtle Beach
- Long Bay Myrtle Beach
- Long Bay Resorts Myrtle Beach Sc