“Very disappointed” 1 of 5 stars

Ranked #24 of 774 Restaurants in Myrtle Beach
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Description: We have some of the best soul food in myrtle beach ,our blue plate special is the best deal in town at $ 8.75 A plate.Soul food the way your mama made it!!!!
Mebane, North Carolina, Usa
“Very disappointed”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2014

We where excited about eating at Big Mikes on June 17, 2014 . It was rated on the 10 ten restaurants in Myrtle Beach. When we came in the ladies behind the counter did speak . But they didn't come to set us we found a table in the back. Then my husband went to ask will someone come over or do we need to go to counter to order. The waiter came out after about five min's she was nice but her service was slow. We ordered out food and we could see it sitting in the window our waiter started pulling some of the order. I guess it was not right because she was sending it back. So when my plate came it was warm not hot and fresh. I didn't like my cabbage and asked for cole slow that was not good either. Then my niece seen a roach crawling up the wall. That's when I got mad then we seen another roach. I lost my appetite. Then when my husband spoke to Big Mike about the roach problem he said " O I know I have someone working on it" . We'll you work on it and watch your customers never come back . That's just wrong . Do better

• 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food

Myrtle Beach, South Carolina
“We keep going back. So happy we live here. Food is amazing.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2014

You can not beat this place if you want home cooked soul food at an amazing price.

We both had the blue plate special, was like $8......

Both had fried chicken, drink, corn bread, and you pick three sides, had dirty rice, mac n cheese, and greens.....

So much amazing food all home made all on one plate with a drink, two dine for under $20 how can you not try this place......

By far the best down south. home cookin, soul food, in Myrtle Beach

• Visited May 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Kingsport, Tennessee
“Mmmmmm Good”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 14, 2014

We had read about Mike's here on Trip Advisor and always found an excuse not to go. Just happened to be driving up 16th at lunchtime and said why not?? We're here ....so.. No more excuses...great food, service, and prices. Will be on our to do again list when we return to Myrtle Beach in Sept

Myrtle Beach, South Carolina
“Best fried chicken in Myrtle Beach!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 14, 2014

This was our first visit & won't be our last--yum! All their food is home made & delicious! We can't wait to eat there again! A clean & organized restaurant, with southern hospitality waitresses. Mike, the owner, is always smiling while he prepares the food & is never too busy to talk with you. My husband raved about the fried chicken, because he's a fried chicken expert. He has tried them all & says he finally found the best! This restaurant is the best kept secret in town. It sits on 16th Ave N, just off of Bus 17/King's Hwy. You won't be sorry eating here!

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Lugoff, South Carolina, United States
“Great Food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 13, 2014

We were greeted when we entered, very nice waitress. We ate here last year could not wait to go back this year. The food was just like I remembered from last visit great, the fish and the chicken are to kill for. The portions are great and they are very good, keep up the good work Mike.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere