“Surprisingly good food on the boardwalk” 5 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Turkish
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Late Night
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Late Night
Richmond, Virginia
“Surprisingly good food on the boardwalk”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2014

My husband and I stopped in here this afternoon on a whim (with no idea it was so highly ranked on TripAdvisor till we were already in line and saw the sticker on the window). We were looking for something other than beach pizza, and were very pleasantly surprised by the food here. My gyro was delicious--as good as any I've ever had in a more formal restaurant--and so were the onion rings I got to go with it. My husband had the meat kabab, and it was gone before I could ask for a bite, so I guess it was pretty good too. The service was friendly and fast, and having a cold bottle of ketchup brought to the table for my daughter's french fries was an added bonus. Not at all what we expected from a restaurant on a boardwalk. Best meal we've had in Myrtle Beach!

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

Southern Illinois
“Meet Abraham”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2014

When you visit Abraham's Gyros on the boardwalk, you can expect to see Abraham cooking! He was a very nice man and makes a pretty mean gyro! Prices are a little above average and soda refills are 50 cents but it's worth it. He truly seems to appreciate your business and makes time to chat with customers. He was excited about his TA rating. Give him a try if you are on the boardwalk.

Lexington
“Vegetarian delight view an ocean view!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 23, 2014

I stopped here to try the veg falafel special. I was not disappointed. The friendly staff and quick service complimented the great food. Be sure you try the hot sauce.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Charleston, South Carolina
“Best of the best just try it....”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 23, 2014 via mobile

I was there couple weeks and had a chicken gyros, omg hat sauce they have it very good. Service was very good people who work there very friendly Price was reasonable I would say if you go myrtle beach don't missed this food just try it..

Visited June 2014
Wilmington, Delaware
“#1 in Myrtle Beach??? NO WAY!!!”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 22, 2014

Why this place is #1 is beyond me... Stopped by at 2 for lunch, placed order and then waited for over 30 minutes for decent, but largely average Greek fast-food and a couple of crappy pizza slices. It's obvious that the owner/chef is overwhelmed - he literally does almost everything. There were two Asian kids working there, but they seemed clueless and had to keep asking him everything. My biggest issue other than the wait was the food handling practices - the owner/chef would handle money, raw food and then fresh/finished food without cleaning his hands - wiping them on an apron DOES NOT COUNT! The SC Health Department needs to give him a class on food safety...The owner would not let the Asian kids touch the cash register.... At one point the owner/chef came out and apologized and then comped the two girls who ordered salads that had also waited for over 30 minutes.... My group of 6 received no such favor... The location on the boardwalk is nice, but I would keep walking....

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere