“WRONGFULLY CHARGED!” 1 of 5 stars

Ranked #130 of 215 Hotels in Myrtle Beach
Charlotte, North Carolina
“WRONGFULLY CHARGED!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

This place don't deserve a 1 star either. I DON'T recommend this place for any one. The previous reviews said it all. I was wrongfully charge of $250 for a mess that my family didn't do during our stay. The hotel needs to get it right. The service needs to be better. The maid needs to get the room number right. Really, you can't really read the room numbers. That is the reason why I was wrongfully charged. I was highly pissed off and disappointed when I found this out. I tried to dispute the charges but the so call manger of the resort wouldn't discuss it with me. They wouldn't look into it that it the maid probably have gotten the wrong room number. I know that there were other family there that same weekend we stay because I saw with my own two eyes. Basically, I total lost, $250 I was not able to get my money back. If they wanted to take someones money at least take it from the right person that really did it the mess and charge them. I was bad enough that my owns kids said that DAYS INN was way better! Even though Days Inn may not have a mini kitchen, the bed was way better to sleep in and room was a lot cleaner. It was all a bad sign when your owns kids said that and as a result it was. I HIGHLY DON'T RECOMMEND THE PLACE AT ALL.

Room Tip: Read the reviews. It tells it all. Say no more!
  • Stayed April 2015, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 6, 2015

The place is a dump the only thing that is updated is the tv and that does not even work!!! We had two differnt people try to come and fix it and it still did not work! ALL of the appliances are old the room smells! The bed is uncomfortable and the sheets feel dirty.Then the staff there is completely rude especially Henry! They will not listen to you or try to help resolve the situation! They have staff working there that provides the wrong information that is very misleading and when you try to speak some one else about an issue they look at you likw you are stupid! I will not be back to the dump and I wouldn't recommend for anyone else to go. But if you do decide to go to the place I would check it out and make sure EVERYTHING WORKS AND MEETS YOUR STANDARDS!!!!! If there was a way to rate them a zero I would!

Stayed April 2015, traveled with family
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 22, 2015

We stayed here for a week while trying to find a place to live since we just moved here. Most the rooms are privet owned they let us look at 3 different ones and we had a hard time choosing they were all so cute. The pool there is pretty nice although we didn't use it because it was the end of January. The only thing I can complain about is that fact that the front desk person told us there was free wi fi and there was not which made it hard to use the computer to try and find a place to live

Stayed February 2015, traveled as a couple
Greenville, South Carolina
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 12, 2015

Stayed there years ago about 6 yrs ago they have upgraded the rooms some would go back and stay again. Have been to other low end hotels in myrtle beach and they were dumps even though the outside did not look bad.

• Stayed February 2015, traveled solo
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 30, 2014 via mobile

Arrived with my mother-in-law on November 24th. After a long drive from Ontario. She had stayed here many times over the past few years. We got room 204.. The elevator was broken.. So had to carry all our luggage up the stairs. She's on oxygen so not great to be on the 2nd floor with a broken elevator.
Got into the room.. Omg.. Roaches everywhere! Underneath the kitchen cupboards was absolutely filthy.
Unfortunately couldn't do anything about it until the morning because the office was closed. I was ready to leave then, but it was late.
Went to get in the bed.. Sheets were stained and dirty.
Needless to say a roach was crawling up my arm in the middle of the night.
Next morning complained to the front desk.. They gave us keys to look at other rooms.. Needed to have a ground floor because of the elevator being broken.
Off I go and bring all our luggage and stuff back down the stairs to Room 112. Nice Room.

To make a long story short ... The manager Wanted to move us again to another room the next day! We ended up leaving!
The manager or whoever he is was rude and didn't care that room 204 was full of roaches and the sheets were dirty.
I couldn't believe That they would treat someone who was a repeat snow-bird like that and give them a filthy room.
Don't stay there it's a dump!

• Stayed November 2014
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 14, 2014

Great rates we only paid 288 for a 6 day stay the room was decent 2large beds and a small kitchen nothing fancy but it was much better than a cheap motel the only complaint was the beds were kinda hard for me I tossed and turned a lot before I could fall asleep all of the employees were nice and meet my needs it's only a short walk from the beach it had a kid pool one hot tube and one indoor pool an a outdoor pool all the pools looked nice an clean but we could only use the indoor one because it was in a heated room I think it was also suppose to be heated but it was kinda chilly the other pools and the hot tube was closed off. I wasn't expecting such a nice room it wasn't luxury but it was decent the only thing Ican think of is it did lack safety precautions for children like the sliding glass door to the balcony had a broken lock and there wasno top chain lock to our room door but we managed to be ok with our children

• Stayed October 2014
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 22, 2014

I came into my room finding a decent room. I woke up the next morning to find a dead cockroach outside my door. Later that night, I came into my room to find a leaky bathroom ceiling. I realized that my bathroom door frame was broken. I looked for a number but was unable to find an office number in the room. Came to find out, it was given to me on a sheet of paper at check in. I sat down and decided to just deal with it when I saw a cockroach crawl up the wall. I left to stay with some family in another hotel. The next morning I checked the room and found that the fire escape plan was in a dresser drawer. Which is illegal in a safety check. During check out, the desk woman acted like I was attacking her personally. When I called the manager the next day, he acted like he didn't care how I felt. He refused to give my money back and he doesn't care about his motels reputation. I refuse to have any business with this motel ever again.

• Stayed September 2014

Been to Wave Rider Resort? Share your experiences!