“worse room i have ever stayed in!” 1 of 5 stars

Wave Rider Resort
1600 S Ocean Blvd, Myrtle Beach, SC 29577   |
Ranked #122 of 215 Hotels in Myrtle Beach
Morganton, North Carolina
“worse room i have ever stayed in!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 13, 2013

I justed wanted to let you know i have stayed in the palace resort a very long time ago and was very pleased with the room, so i decided to stay again thru you the wave rider. i do not like to give negative reports to no one, but this room was awful. we were in room 1804. first of all my daughter wanted to take a bath the first night there. she came to me said momma you need to come clean the tub. the tub had yellow places in it from where it was busted and someone tried to patch it up but still was unsuccessful. the floor looked like it had not been moped in years. cheap shower curtain that would not stay on hooks. the sink cabinet looked like it had water damage to it. the wallpaper was coming off in some areas in the room. the refrig had something all over the side of it. the stove had a burner broken. there was no way i was going to fix anything there. we would not lay anything down on the counter unless it was in a paper plate or napkin. the room had an odor in it. Now for the pullout bed in the couch. it was just plain out nasty. mattress was so dirty and blood stains on it. i tried covering it up with several sets of sheets but it was still there and we knew it, it stank and was awful. was just afraid to even lay on it. i woke up one morning with a large bug bite on my back. i know someone owns these rooms but i think they need to keep them up if they are going to rent the rooms. would they want to stay in something like this??????????? i have stayed in some good rooms and some bad rooms but this room was by far the worst ever that i have stayed in. we stayed august 4 -7 and left . also we were under the impression there was a free continental breakfast. when we got there we were informed there was none. i could have went thru the palace to got my room instead of thru you had i know this was going to happen. i just wanted to let you know how the room was, just terrible!!!!!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (15)
North Carolina
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2013

We stayed from the 25-28 of July the price was only $380 for three nights which is very cheap compared to other hotels large enough to accommodate four adults and two children, other hotels were $550-700. For the price you can't expect a first class hotel. The bathroom is very small and the air flow from the window ac in the bedroom to the living room isn't good you have to leave the door open going to living room to stay cool. Our unit was dated, but some units are very nice with flat screen tvs and ceramic tile, some are individiually owned. I was horrified to stay here due to the terrible reviews but our unit wasn't that bad and thankfully we saw no bugs like some people have in other units as I read also. The pool is large and uncrowded. I think for the price you get what you can expect, if you want a reasonable price this is ok, but if you want a four star resort for the price of a cheap motel don't stay here, you get what you pay for. Also it is on the strip so you do hear loud cars, street bikes and people at all hours of the night, but that comes with staying in a hotel near strip in my opinion.

Cambridge
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2013

This place was a last minute check in for us for one night only. It was like off the Twilight Zone! We payed $237 with tax and would have rather slept in the car. We slept on top of the covers and used our own blankets, didn't even shower and hardly wanted to sit on toilet seat. Everything was nasty!! Never again!! Plus was skeptical of the staff:(

Room Tip: Don't do it!
carolina beach
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2013

We love Myrtle Beach and go there often. We had never stayed here before, Very Clean, nice staff friendly great experience,great location. Love the indoor and outdoor pools. Very comfortable.Can't wait to return.Just steps to the ocean.

1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 20, 2013 via mobile

Let me start by saying this is the worst hotel I've ever stayed! The building is extremely old and infested with roaches! They were in the shower above my head, coming from cracks in the walls and floors in the bedroom. We couldn't sleep at night because every time we would turn off the lights they would come from everywhere. There were leaks all over the hotel. The curtains were mildewed! The office closed completely down at night and no one is available for assistance! And NO REFUND is given for any reason at all! Don't stay here at all. The rooms are cheap but you will pay in different ways.... Never again room 338 (hell)

• Stayed July 2013
myrtle beach
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2013

I needed a quick room for saturday night last. And was able to get one at the wave rider, He said it was thebest he could offer me and heck I've paid more money for a bad room this was perfect clean and comfortable and had breakfast to. great customer service. and very hostpiatality was good thanks to greg and his staff for helping me so promptly.

Room Tip: I was on second floor so no noise or passersby did i hear.
myrtle beach
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 11, 2013

this time if year is very slow and usually quiet in myrtle beach and my stay at the waverider on the beach was exactly that.i found service good the front desk person sylvia and i think a guy ,greg took xare of me as i needed a place quickly for a couple of nights and even ot got breakfast included . I would recommend this place..i felt when i called they explained all things to me as i wasnt positive i was going to be ther but they told me about my deposit so i waited till i was positive and made my reservation.

Room Tip: corner suites are large andsunny as long as the suns out.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled solo

Been to Wave Rider Resort? Share your experiences!