“Second year” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #124 of 215 Hotels in Myrtle Beach
Anderson, South Carolina
“Second year”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 21, 2012

my second year at the wave rider was wonderful.the people were very friendly and helpful.the pool was nice and cool.the housekeeping was very helpful.and our room was great.great prices for rooms and the people in the office were so pleasant.this will be the only place that we will stay when we come back next year.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (15)
Myrtle Beach, South Carolina
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 31, 2012

We stayed at Wave Rider for the first time and we were blown away by how helpful and friendly the staff was - they went out of their way to help us when we had questions or needed something. A great value!

pgw9393, Manager at Wave Rider Resort, responded to this review, August 7, 2012
We are so glad that you had such a good time here at the Wave Rider! We all work very hard to ensure that our guests have the best vacation experience possible. Thank you for taking the time to post such a wonderful review and we look forward to having you back with us again.
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2012

This hotel is very nasty. The people are supper rude. I smelled gas in my room and went to the front desk expressing my concerns. The man at the front desk was very rude told me he was aware on the smell and he had called someone to come fix it. I asked for a refund due to the smell of gas. He told me no refunds were given.At this point I decided to call the police department and they sent out firemen. The fireman evacuated the building. Because there was s true health hazard. I will never stay at this hotel again.

• Stayed July 2012
pgw9393, Manager at Wave Rider Resort, responded to this review, August 5, 2012
I apologize for any inconvenience you experienced during your stay with us. Unfortunately an intoxicated woman who thought she had smelled gas called the fire department. After evacuating a portion of our building it was determined that what the woman actually smelled was exhaust from the muffler of a motorcycle that another guest had cranked up in the parking lot within close proximity of the woman’s room. Again, I am sorry that you were not able to enjoy your stay with us. I would love the opportunity to re-earn your business.
Salisbury, North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2012

this was the best trip our family has ever had the rooms was great the maids was so nice an sweet my kids loved the pools an the game rooms my husband loved the wight room an plus the rooms are so big an the over look is great the guards are always walking around to make sure everything is ok we never had a problem why we was there an we are planing on going back on aug 3 to aug 5 to the same place an it really get to me that someone is gonna say that this place was nasty an that they will never go back well im so sorry for you cause you are really messing out on alot by not staying here

Room Tip: if ur gooding for great place to stay well this is the place
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
pgw9393, Manager at Wave Rider Resort, responded to this review, August 7, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to review the Wave Rider. I am glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us and took advantage of our pools, fitness center, and other amentites. Spring and Fall are truly beautiful times to visit for relaxing and enjoying the beach. I hope you will come again soon.
Ringgold Va
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2012

We really enjoyed our stay at the resort. The room was really nice and my daughter enjoyed the lazy river and the pool. All the staff was really nice. We had car problems when we got ready to leave and Greg went out of his way to help us get it fixed and we really appreciated it. I dont know how my husband would have gotten it fixed if he wouldnt had taken my husband to the auto part store. We thank you again for helping us Greg and look forward to seeing yall next year. Thanks

Myrtle Beach, South Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 20, 2012

IWe enjoyed every minute of this. I liked the location, a stone's throw from the ocean. Our room was cozy and we felt right at home. Here is the coolest pool! Thanks to all staff for a good holiday!

Archdale, North Carolina, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 19, 2012

Honestly the people that worked at the Wave Rider where very nice. The owner Greg was really cool heck he helped us out several times there during our stay. The pool was nice lazy river was warm and the baby pool was cool. Also good location. Its not that far from the "strip" where everything is located its within walking distance. Overall good price good quality.

Room Tip: idk bottom floor easier outside/pool acess but second and third floor better view.
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with friends
pgw9393, Manager at Wave Rider Resort, responded to this review, July 20, 2012
Austin T we are so glad that you had such a good time here at the Wave Rider! I enjoyed speaking with you and your friend each day. My staff all work very hard to ensure that our guests have the best vacation experience possible. Thank you for taking the time to post such a wonderful review and we look forward to having you back with us again.

Been to Wave Rider Resort? Share your experiences!