“Great staff!” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #145 of 214 hotels in Myrtle Beach
Myrtle Beach, South Carolina
“Great staff!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 31, 2012

We stayed at Wave Rider for the first time and we were blown away by how helpful and friendly the staff was - they went out of their way to help us when we had questions or needed something. A great value!

pgw9393, Manager at Wave Rider Resort, responded to this review, August 7, 2012
We are so glad that you had such a good time here at the Wave Rider! We all work very hard to ensure that our guests have the best vacation experience possible. Thank you for taking the time to post such a wonderful review and we look forward to having you back with us again.

105 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2012 via mobile

This hotel is very nasty. The people are supper rude. I smelled gas in my room and went to the front desk expressing my concerns. The man at the front desk was very rude told me he was aware on the smell and he had called someone to come fix it. I asked for a refund due to the smell of gas. He told me no refunds were given.At this point I decided to call the police department and they sent out firemen. The fireman evacuated the building. Because there was s true health hazard. I will never stay at this hotel again.

• Stayed July 2012
pgw9393, Manager at Wave Rider Resort, responded to this review, August 5, 2012
I apologize for any inconvenience you experienced during your stay with us. Unfortunately an intoxicated woman who thought she had smelled gas called the fire department. After evacuating a portion of our building it was determined that what the woman actually smelled was exhaust from the muffler of a motorcycle that another guest had cranked up in the parking lot within close proximity of the woman’s room. Again, I am sorry that you were not able to enjoy your stay with us. I would love the opportunity to re-earn your business.
Salisbury, North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2012

this was the best trip our family has ever had the rooms was great the maids was so nice an sweet my kids loved the pools an the game rooms my husband loved the wight room an plus the rooms are so big an the over look is great the guards are always walking around to make sure everything is ok we never had a problem why we was there an we are planing on going back on aug 3 to aug 5 to the same place an it really get to me that someone is gonna say that this place was nasty an that they will never go back well im so sorry for you cause you are really messing out on alot by not staying here

Room Tip: if ur gooding for great place to stay well this is the place
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
pgw9393, Manager at Wave Rider Resort, responded to this review, August 7, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to review the Wave Rider. I am glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us and took advantage of our pools, fitness center, and other amentites. Spring and Fall are truly beautiful times to visit for relaxing and enjoying the beach. I hope you will come again soon.
Ringgold Va
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2012

We really enjoyed our stay at the resort. The room was really nice and my daughter enjoyed the lazy river and the pool. All the staff was really nice. We had car problems when we got ready to leave and Greg went out of his way to help us get it fixed and we really appreciated it. I dont know how my husband would have gotten it fixed if he wouldnt had taken my husband to the auto part store. We thank you again for helping us Greg and look forward to seeing yall next year. Thanks

Myrtle Beach, South Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 20, 2012

IWe enjoyed every minute of this. I liked the location, a stone's throw from the ocean. Our room was cozy and we felt right at home. Here is the coolest pool! Thanks to all staff for a good holiday!

Archdale, North Carolina, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 19, 2012

Honestly the people that worked at the Wave Rider where very nice. The owner Greg was really cool heck he helped us out several times there during our stay. The pool was nice lazy river was warm and the baby pool was cool. Also good location. Its not that far from the "strip" where everything is located its within walking distance. Overall good price good quality.

Room Tip: idk bottom floor easier outside/pool acess but second and third floor better view.
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with friends
pgw9393, Manager at Wave Rider Resort, responded to this review, July 20, 2012
Austin T we are so glad that you had such a good time here at the Wave Rider! I enjoyed speaking with you and your friend each day. My staff all work very hard to ensure that our guests have the best vacation experience possible. Thank you for taking the time to post such a wonderful review and we look forward to having you back with us again.
Conyers, GA
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 18, 2012

I stayed at the wave rider for my first time last week. I had high expectations because of the great reviews and beautiful pictures I saw online. When we arrived, we were immediately disappointed. The rooms do not look as nice as they do online. We had to go through two different rooms to finally find one that was decent. Both rooms were missing the lock on the balcony, so we didn't feel safe. The hallways of the "resort" smelled dirty and musty. The beds were extremely hard. The pool was nice, although it looks NOTHING like what it does in the pictures online. Housekeeping barged in our room atleast three times without knocking. All they do is empty the trash and give you new towels. They don't change your sheets or vacuum, etc. The continental breakfast consisted of frozen Eggo Waffles that you can heat up, a box of donuts, and cereal. I tried to bring my waffle up to the room and the guy at the front desk rudely yelled at me and told me I had to eat it down in the lobby. I said I would be right back so I could tell my boyfriend that I couldn't eat in the room, and in the short time I was gone, the guy from the front desk threw my food away..... I don't understand why he would rather waste food than just let me eat it where I want? The only good parts of my stay were there were no bugs, the two pools and lazy river were pretty cool (other than the fact they had so much sand in them), and the fact that it was right across the street from the pool. If you are content staying in small, cheap, one-star places this might be the hotel for you. Personally, I prefer a more modern and clean room.

Room Tip: Make sure that the room has locks on the balcony.....
pgw9393, Manager at Wave Rider Resort, responded to this review, July 20, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to review the Wave Rider Resort. I'm glad that you enjoyed parts of your stay with us. I'm happy to hear that you enjoyed all of our pools. The photos of our pools were taken during this past winter; I’m not sure why they would look any differently online as they do at the Resort. I personally took the photos and updated our website so I know that what is shown online is what we have available for our guests. I would like to explain that housekeeping is not to blame for the towel and sheet distribution. I do apologize if they barged in on you during your stay, I will speak with them regarding your comments. We are attempting to adhere to a "Go Green" agenda this summer. As such we refresh all towels and wash cloths every day and change linens every third day. For those guests who want daily sheet changes, we ask that they let the front desk know and we are happy to have our housekeeping staff change them. Also, please note that all of our units here are individually owned and we are working continuously with our homeowners to update their units. Any time you have a problem or complaint we encourage you to let us know so that we can do everything in our power to correct the situation.

We added the continental breakfast a couple of years ago, Even though most smaller resorts such as ours do not offer any type of free breakfast, we felt it was necessary to help better satisfy our guests needs. We offer two types of cereal, a variety of doughnuts, eggo waffles, toast, and a variety of oatmeal. An assortment of jellies, milk, orange juice, and coffee is also available each morning during the months of May through September.

I apologize if you felt my staff was rude by asking you not to take food back to your room. It is posted not less than three times in our breakfast area that guests are not to take food back to their rooms. I’m sure that my staff did not yell at you, more than likely they approached you as you were leaving the breakfast area and politely reminded you not to take food to your room. The reason for us not allowing food to be taken back to the rooms, is that some guests will take advantage of the free breakfast and take plates of food back to their room so they can eat off of the items the entire day.

Again, thank you for your review and I hope you will come to see us again.

Been to Wave Rider Resort? Share your experiences!