“WOW---2nd trip and can't wait for my 3rd!!” 5 of 5 stars

Sandcastle South Beach Resort
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   2207 South Ocean Blvd., Myrtle Beach, SC 29577   |
Ranked #100 of 215 Hotels in Myrtle Beach
Pikeville, KY
“WOW---2nd trip and can't wait for my 3rd!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 22, 2009

This was our second trip to Sandcastle. We first visited in June of 08 and then returned 6/14/09-6/19/09. This is a great hotel for families. Our checkin process was very fast and the recpt was very friendly at the front desk. When arriving to our room it was just as described. The room was clean and all the decor was updated and nice. I especially liked that the bed linens are changed every other day of your stay and that the bed spreads are washed and changed. Many hotels do not do that. I was thrilled to see that the shower curtains were changed and washed as well rather than the plastic ones at most hotels that you don't know how well they have been cleaned. The hotel location was great as all the rooms are oceanfront. The children love the pools (inside and out) and the lazy river. I loved the activities that they have for the children and esp that fact that I could sit by the pool and watch them!! We frequently recommend this hotel to people in our community and as a matter of fact even had one family that happened to be there the same time as our stay that we referred. I would recommend this hotel to you and your family and can only hope that your experience will be as plesant as our last two have been!!!!

• Stayed June 2009, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (115)
SW VA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 21, 2009

My wife and I stayed at the Sancastle South Beach Resort for 5 days, June 15 th - June 20th. We stayed in a premer oceanfront suite that was newly remodeled with stainless kitchen, flatscreen tv's ( including the bath), and well furnished. Our cost was less than $600.00 for the 5 days reservation that we made during a promotion in February. The front desk service was friendly and efficient. The room service and housekeeping was very good. Our vacation was leisurely and without incident, which is the way you would prefer.

anderson
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 20, 2009

Sandcastle is the best place to stay on the beach. All rooms are ocen front and you have plenty of priviacy. Every room has all that you need. We have staied twice this year and both our rooms were exactly what we needed. The people that work there are all very friendly and helpful. The location is great!! Just a short distance from all anyone would want. We really like the choice of pools, being inside or outside and also the spa. I had my 7 year old grandson with me this time and he really loved the lazy river, and of course the rest of the pools!!!!!! He is already wanting to come there again!! We have no complaints or problems with our stays at Sandcastle. Both of out stays have been absolutly GREAT!! B Hughes June 7-10

Rogersville Tenn
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 20, 2009

We really enjoyed our stay at SandCastle.The rooms were clean and the staff was very helpful.We would definely stay here on our next trip to the beach.

Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 19, 2009

My husband and I took eight teenagers to the beach for senior beach week and they had the best time. It was reasonable,the cleaniess you would ever want to see and Mrs Mary and Bob was the nicest people I met in the state of South Carolina.The rooms were beautiful. We stayed in their suites.Everything was jus wonderful and I look forward to staying their everytime I come to the beach.This was our first time staying at this hotel,we usually stay at the camelot, but we will never go back . We have found us a new home. Thans Mrs mary and Bob for making us feel welcome. I can't forget the reservation team they were extra nice too.

Kentucky
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2009

We were treated with the courtesy by all the staff members. The front desk personnel were very friendly and helpful. Housekeeping & maintenance did a great job.
This was our third stay with Sandcastle South Beach and will not be our last.

Sterling, VA
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2009

Stayed here for 3 nights as I was bumped from another hotel stay through a popular timeshare trip I booked. We are pretty down to earth people & can work with any situation but the entire hotel smelled horrible & was so dirty. We were moved to another room but it was pretty much smelly like the first. I was embarassed to be there. We had both sets of grandparents with us & no one could find any redeeming quality to this place. It was an oceanfront dump inside & out. The lazy river pool was full of grime & trash. Never again.

• Stayed July 2006, traveled with family

Been to Sandcastle South Beach Resort? Share your experiences!