“Awful!” 1 of 5 stars

Ranked #192 of 214 Hotels in Myrtle Beach
Laurinburg, North Carolina
“Awful!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 4, 2014

Checked in, went to the room and checked out. Was so bad we refused to stay there. Graffiti everywhere. Garbage stacked everywhere. Poor security. Had to pay to cancel reservation. Large gaps under the doors for mosquitos or who knows what else to come in.

Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (80)
Webster, New York
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 1, 2014

So to start, I read the previous reviews and figured a cheep week in Myrtle Beach would be worth it. Not the case as I am learning.

As I walked in their were pieces of cooked chicken on the floor, and one of the beds was half made and missing a pillow. I found more remnants of past guest I unpacked in the form of bottle caps and glow wrist bands.

Half of the rooms power outlets and light fixtures did not work, which I have never encountered before. It seems that this hotel has suffered major hurricane damage because a thick coat of rust can be found on the lamps.

The bathroom has mold, and their were hairs in the sink since we are being nit picky.

And the beds! In all seriousness be careful, I took a seat on the end of one of the beds and the entire thing almost flipped over on top of me.

By far one of the worst places I have ever had the displeasure to stay at, and I have slept in some real dumps in my travels. I made an account just so I could review this dump.

Room Tip: Stay away from this place.
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled with friends
Middleburg Heights, Ohio
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2014

We stayed in this hotel as a last minute resort on 7/24/2014. We paid $114 for the night and this hotel was by far the worst hotel we have EVER stayed in. Parking is horrible (there was a garage type parking that was very poorly lit with not enough parking spots, we had to park in the open lot across the street) They do not have key cards, they have old fashioned bulky keys that take up half of a small purse. Check in was fairly easy except that you have to know your license plate number (remember that if you have a rental car like we did) The walkways (its all outside) were CARPET! and smelled like urine. You have to walk by the pool on your way to the rooms, which was very cloudy and small. The outdoor pool looked much better.
The rooms were terrible. The pillows and blankets looked disgusting (thank God we brought our own) The beds felt like they were going to give way when you sat on them. The TV did not work. The carpet was clearly dirty. We were provided with 4 towels (2 big 2 small) for a 3 bed room. Again, we had brought our own. The bathroom was disgusting, there was mold, rust, mildew, scum all over the place. The shower pressure was okay but the water would go from freezing cold to scolding hot in a matter of seconds even when you weren't adjusting the temperature. Be very careful so you don't get burned. The second room (we got a 2 room, 3 beds) did not have tv or air conditioning which made for a very uncomfortable night. Overall, we would definitely NEVER stay here again.
PROS: A short walk to the ocean
CONS: Price for value, Cleanliness, Security/Safety, Parking, Beds, Temperature, Shower

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2014

I stayed at the polynesian hotel in the month of july 2014. the room doors are very unsafe. I had gotten my left index finger slammed, not in the door, but in the metal plates that are attached to the door. i went to the front desk to seek out a first aid kit and they were unable to assist me with the materials i needed. there was also a warning sign at the front desk about the metal plates on the doors. therefore, i was sure i was not the first guest to have this happen. not knowing that my finger was as bad as it really was, i did not go to the hospital at that point, instead i filled out an incident report with the front desk. the next morning, i decided to go to the hospital because the injury was not seeming too good. i asked the front desk for a copy of my incident report for the hospital.at first they were unable to locate it and then came back to me and said " we have found it, but we do not give out copies". i didnt understand. this was a sheet of paper about MY injury with MY signature on it. AND THEY WOULD NOT GIVE ME A COPY? i spent the next three hours trying to contact corporate to get a copy of my document. i finally was able to get one. at the hospital, i was told that i needed stitched but lost my 8 hour window to get them (my fault). they did xrays to make sure i did not fracture any bones. my bones were fine :) but there were metal chips in my cut (front the metal plates that slammed my finger). i finger is doing better now, it is a little dis-formed but i do still have it! besides the injury, there was black mold on the walls and ceiling of our room. the room smelt like pee and the bath water was a tint of brown. the parking deck was the worst and the service in general was very rude. i DO NOT advice ANYBODY to stay at this hotel. worst vacation for me. the photos do not look that bad but even today i can not use my finger because of the pain (a week later).

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2014

The check in was simple and easy. We then went up to our room and man was it hot. The AC has to run constantly. We had the room with no view but surprisingly we could see the beach. To me the view was great! The room was very big but the pull out couch was awful to sleep on and there was blood stains and food stains on the mattress. The fridge smelt like fish left in from the other guests. Overall I would say it was good for the price and pretty much what we expected.

• Stayed June 2014
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2014 via mobile

at checkin we had to wait in line for more than 30 minutes. We got our keys and when I got in the room there it was dirty. There was food crumbs all over the 1 comforter and I had to call the front desk to get a new comforter. I had my baby with me thankfully she didn't pick up anything of the bed. Then the next day when trying to find tje trash bin we found a bin under the sink in the kitcjen are. However the bin was not changed from the stay before us. There was food that was old and moldy. We agaon had to call get the trash removed. But they never took the trash lying behind the bin. The reception sucked ubhad to go outside to make a phone call. Then the night before we had to leave we get a call saying we owed money. When my boyfriend and I went to the front desk they said we owed 128 in order to stay the night or leave. I talked to the manager and she said the woman who checked us in didn't have us pay for the night. We showed our receipt that showed no balance owed yet the manager still argued and said we owed the money. She said u can either stay the night and pay 128 or leave. So I went to the viking hotel who is affiliated with the Polynesian and even though they had no room the front office clerk listened to my situation and even looked up our booking info and said we did not owe anything. It was a nightmare to stay there. Only good thing is that the ocean was right outside our door.

• Stayed July 2014
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 27, 2014

We went for our anniversary...and what a waste of money!! The only good thing about this place is that the a/c is cold !!! It's old and smelly ...it needs to be condemned!! There was a hole in the ceiling in the shower, there were not enough dishes, the one cup that was in the "kitchen" had a burn on it. There was one pot, to cook with, although I wasn't cooking anything at that place. The carpet was disgusting, balcony rails loose, chipped paint all over!! Furniture was old. The socks I had to wear around the room , I threw away!! I wasn't expecting the Ritz, but at least the Motel 6!! Oh and the parking...not good. The staff was nice, the cleaning lady was as well! Take my advice..DO NOT STAY HERE!

• Stayed July 2014

Been to Polynesian Beach & Golf Resort? Share your experiences!