“Horrible!!!!” 1 of 5 stars

2.0 of 5 Resort   |   1001 South Ocean Boulevard, Myrtle Beach, SC 29577   |
Ranked #192 of 214 Hotels in Myrtle Beach
“Horrible!!!!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 14, 2013 via mobile

Beer cans in the elevators, kids cussing and smoking and drinking up and down the hallways and took over the motel yelling and screaming at each other. I am a younger parent and still love having fun but that was horrible!! Even my 6 and 9 year olds were horrified. Never would I recommend this place to anyone!!!

• Stayed June 2013
povmgmt, General Manager at Polynesian Beach & Golf Resort, responded to this review, June 28, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to comment on TripAdvisor. We appreciate any and all guest feedback. I would like to apologize for any inconvenience that you may have experienced during your stay with us. We are an older property, and we do cater to an economy traveler offering the lowest rates we possibly can. I thank you for voicing your concerns and bringing these issues to our attention. I will make sure that your complaints are forwarded to the appropriate department heads for further review so that the issues can be taken care of. Thank you again for the valuable input. It truly is appreciated. I hope you have a wonderful day.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (80)
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 7, 2013 via mobile

Drugs for sale in parking lot. Room filthy. Carpet wet. Ceiling tiles falling down. Sheets stained. Mold in kitchen area. Cockroaches everywhere. Did not stay. Left in 30 minutes. Escaping was worth forfeiting one night's hotel fee.

• Stayed June 2013
Thank you for taking the time to comment on tripadvisor. We appreciate any and all guest feedback. I would like to apologize for any inconvenience that you may have experienced during your stay with us. I thank you for voicing your concerns and bringing these issues to our attention. I will make sure that your complaints are forwarded to the appropriate department heads for further review so that the issues can be taken care of. Thank you again for the valuable input. It truly is appreciated. I hope you have a wonderful day.
Roanoke
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 6, 2013

This motel is not as bad as some reviews stated. This place is well kept, staff was friendly and very helpfull. You are right on the beach and i mean just a few steps away. We didn't know it was Senior Week, but that didn't matter, the Security Guards at the motel kept things quiet, they allowed them to have fun though. The pool and grounds are clean, rooms are clean, everything in the rooms worked, beds were clean and thats what i love to see. No bugs at all anywhere on the premises as i had read in reviews before. This is an older motel, so you will not be staying at the Hylton by no means. But you will have a great stay. You will be taken care of. If you are a whiner and complain about every little detail then you will be just as miserable in the next motel you stay in. Me and my husband LOVED it, so did our pets. No bad oders anywhere either, no mold, no dust, so dont be misled by what others say, i am very picky, but I also consider over paying for a room or getting a cheaper room and saving money and acknowledge the fact that it will not be perfect to begin with. the only cons are no coffee everyday, no knives in efficiency rm, sliding doors were dirty but they came and squeegied them immediatley, i think the salt water builds up on them so nothing they can do about that.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you for taking the time to comment on TripAdvisor. We appreciate any and all guest feedback. I am pleased to hear that you enjoyed your recent stay with us. We would be happy to have you as a guest with us again in the future. If there is anything that you may need, please do not hesitate to contact us. We are here to assist you with your reservation needs. Have a wonderful day!
Norfolk, Virginia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 30, 2013

My purpose for visiting Myrtle Beach was attendance at the 2013 Bike week held in May 2013. My stay was Tuesday night through check-out Sunday morning, 5/14 through 5/19/13. I arrived a day early and the front desk went the extra mile to check me into the previously reserved oceanfront room. The reservation process was easy and the front desk person very helpful and knowledgeable about local attractions. The hotel room had a beautiful direct (5th Floor) view of the ocean, and the balcony was directly above the ocean front swimming pool. Very nice! The hotel and rooms are very old, like stepping back into the 1950's style of room. However, it was clean and everything worked, including: stove refrigerator, kitchen sink. A/C, and bath facilities. While there, I noticed the grab bar in the tub was rusted and peeling off metal flakes into the tub. As well the difficult to open balcony door became impossible to open. The grab bar was replaced within a few hours of notifying the housekeeper of the problem. The balcony door was fixed within an hour of calling the front desk. The responsiveness of the hotel personnel was excellent, and apologetic for any problems. I read the reviews of the Polynesian after I made my reservations and was concerned I had really made a mistake. That turned out not to be the case. My stay was enjoyable and comfortable. I really appreciated the covered and secure parking for my motorcycle. If you are looking for a modern, posh facility, do not book the Polynesian. However, if you want a clean but old style room at a very good price, with a wonderful view of the ocean and beach, the Polynesian is a cost effective facility. I will definitely stay there anytim I am in Myrtle Beach SC.

Room Tip: Definitely an oceanfront room.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled solo
Raleigh, North Carolina
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 29, 2013

Screamed at in the parking lot checking in. fights going on in the lobby between "guests" and staff, police called, drug dealing in the parking garage, no place to park and this happened before I even got to see the room I had booked for 4 nights. Returned the keys, checked out 25 minutes after I checked in. Hotel kept 1 nite hotel rate as I "forfeited" that because I wasn't staying. Was very hostile and unpleasant even for Memorial Day week-end and bikefest.

Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
povmgmt, General Manager at Polynesian Beach & Golf Resort, responded to this review, May 30, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to comment on TripAdvisor. We appreciate any and all guest feedback. I would like to apologize for any inconvenience that you may have experienced during your stay with us. I thank you for voicing your concerns and bringing these issues to our attention. I will make sure that your complaints are forwarded to the appropriate department heads for further review so that the issues can be taken care of. Thank you again for the valuable input. It truly is appreciated. I hope you have a wonderful day.
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2013

hotel is not a resort. 2 bed rooms was OK. only 1 television in front room one bath room small but was clean and safe. I knew of bad reviews before I booked but the hotel was not as bad as the reviews stated. I didn't feel unsafe at any time . house keeping was great . Feel that the wording for 2 bed room suite was misleading but over all for the price during the holiday time i would stay there again.

Room Tip: get ocean front rooms not up front
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
Middleburg, Florida
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 27, 2013

I have no affiliation with the Polynesian Resort, and rarely write reviews, but due to all the bad reviews on line, and in fairness to this hotel, i feel i had to give my opinion. Stayed in 2 room suite May 18-19 2013. Room was decent size. Separate bedroom decent size. Beds were comfortable. A/C units (2), full size fridge, microwave, stove ALL worked perfect. Kitchen was stocked with plenty of dinnerware. Both pools were clean. Excellent location on beach. Easy walking distance to Family Kingdom amusement park. Check in was fast and friendly. Maid service was good. Plenty of towels for 4 of us for 2 day stay. Elevators had some wear and tear, but worked fine. Parking is tight on weekends, but plenty of overflow parking directly across the street. No TV in separate bedroom, but not a big deal. We enjoyed our stay..

Room Tip: We stayed in room #901. (2) room, Side ocean view
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with family

Been to Polynesian Beach & Golf Resort? Share your experiences!