“Loved the polynesian!” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #192 of 214 Hotels in Myrtle Beach
Mooresville, North Carolina
“Loved the polynesian!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 15, 2013

My friends and I stayed at the polynesian last week for spring break and were nervous about what we would find based on these reviews. We were shocked when we arrived the staff was nice, took us 5 minutes to check in, and our room was simple but just fine. I think a lot of these reviews are bad because they are written by people who brought children. This hotel is definitely not for children. I slept with sheets I had brought from home however the bed was by no means dirty. We had all of the things we needed and met a lot of cool people. This place is a great spring break hotel, and the price is great! I think they have been making changes to help the hotels reputation. We had a lot of fun and will definitely be back!!!! :)

Room Tip: Avoid first floor rooms as you may have your front door in the parking garage
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
povmgmt, General Manager at Polynesian Beach & Golf Resort, responded to this review, April 8, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to comment on tripadvisor. We appreciate any and all guest feedback. I am pleased to hear that you enjoyed your recent stay with us. We would be happy to have you as a guest with us again in the future. If there is anything that you may need, please do not hesitate to contact us. We are here to assist you with your reservation needs. Have a wonderful day!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (80)
Thomasville, North Carolina
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 12, 2013

I booked this palce online because of the great price...
Price is the only thing this hotel has going for it.
We arrived at 2am and as soon as I got there, I was already aggravated. There is not enough parking for the amount of hotel rooms/guests. The office staff are not friendly at all. The room we had was dirty, I was afraid to lay in the bed. Both beds were broken. The walls and sheets were dingy. The bathroom sink had a ring in it from something...
I will never stay here. We checked out at day break before our stay was up. Of course we didnt recieve a refund, its just a lesson learned. I dont recommend this place to anyone.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you for taking the time to comment on tripadvisor. We appreciate any and all guest feedback. I would like to apologize for any inconvenience that you may have experienced during your stay with us. We are an older property, and we do cater to an economy traveler offering the lowest rates we possibly can. I thank you for voicing your concerns and bringing these issues to our attention. I will make sure that your complaints are forwarded to the appropriate department heads for further review so that the issues can be taken care of. Thank you again for the valuable input. It truly is appreciated. I hope you have a wonderful day.
Greensboro, North Carolina
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 2, 2013 via mobile

I only needed a room for the night and the rate was good. But even at about $45 for a non-ocean room on the beach, the trade off just isn't worth it.

The room is just gross. It appears to have been "cleaned", but there is sand in the tub, the sheets are yellow and dingy, there's something sticky on the nightstand, and frankly, I'm afraid to touch anything. I'm actually putting a towel on the pillow so that my face doesn't have to actually touch it. I considered complaining, but I honestly get the sense that this is a standard room.

The walls have that connecting door that locks, and I can hear my neighbor's TV as if it were in my room. Also, the people above clearly have children running through the place. This hotel doesn't keep sound out from anywhere.

There is also a general feeling of not being safe. I would NOT recommend families to stay here.

It's unfortunate, as the location is good. And the room could be nice. It's s good size, there's a stove, mini fridge microwave and sink.

Spend a little money and stay somewhere else. The bargain isn't worth it.

• Stayed March 2013
povmgmt, General Manager at Polynesian Beach & Golf Resort, responded to this review, March 11, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to comment on your recent stay. We appreciate any and all guest feedback. I would like to apologize for any inconvenience that you may have experienced during your recent stay with us. It is not typical for housekeeping to be lacking in the services that you have mentioned in your complaint, however errors are made and I’m sorry if anything was overlooked during your visit. I will make sure these issues and concerns are brought to the attention of our director of housekeeping for further review so they can be addressed with individual employees. Thank you again for your valuable input. I hope you have a wonderful day.
Fayetteville, North Carolina
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 2, 2013

This hotel is scary and I got taken here for my 1st wedding anniversery. Wow. Furniture stacked outside 1st thing I saw. Then the parking deck. You need a 4 wheel drive vehicle to do. Then the lobby. Fly paper strips covered with dead flies. girl behind desk reading Cosmo. Only ones in line. She continued to read not offering to help us in any way. Finally after standing there for a while my husband says we would like to check in. She looks up from mag says in a few minutes continues to read. at this point notice big sign NO REFUNDS. Elevators had grafiti room was pretty bad. however great view. its up to you but I would say book else where.

Room Tip: dont stay here
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple
We appreciate any and all guest feedback. I would like to apologize for any inconvenience that you may have experienced during your recent visit with us. Our front desk staff is trained to be as helpful and courteous as possible when assisting our guests. I am sorry if any member of our staff was less than helpful during your time at our property. This is not typical, and I can assure you that your comments and concerns will be forwarded to our front desk manager for further review. Being an older property, we realize our customer service level should exceed the expectations of our guests. I thank you for voicing your concerns and sharing your valuable input. I hope you have a wonderful day.
Amanda, Ohio
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 28, 2012 via mobile

Great staff, they go out of their way to accommodate your needs. Pet friendly n has two dog parks. Mattresses are comfy. Clean rooms, no mold like previous reviews claimed. It is an older establishment, on the beach, plenty of rooms, parking garage is more spacious than any I've been at in Pittsburgh or Philly, Never had any trouble getting in or out. It's a wonderful deal, our kids always enjoy themselves here.

• Stayed December 2012
Thank you for taking the time to go to Trip Advisor to post a review. We appreciate any and all guest feedback. I am pleased to hear that you enjoyed your recent stay with us. We would be happy to have you as a guest with us again in the future. If there is anything that you may need, please do not hesitate to contact us. We are here to assist you with your reservation needs. Have a wonderful day!
Thomasville, North Carolina
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 9, 2012 via mobile

I needed a quick reservation! I needed beach front, pool, decent room. Needed good restaurants nearby, as well as local attractions. I needed a low, low price, as this was not a preplanned trip. But when it comes to pleasing a long distance granddaughter, who wanted to spend her college spring break with me, her grandma, I was prepared to 'take a chance'!

The destination was Myrtle Beach. A friend had stayed at the Polynesian several years prior and had told me it would suit. So I called, and got a ridiculously low rate for two nights. The pics on the website were nice, so I booked.

We had a two night stay, and it was one of our best times! This resort is not upscale. It is not fancy smancy. But the service was great, the folks kind, and it was clean. Our room was fine, and comfortable. We had an issue with the smoke detector, but that was corrected quickly and efficiently. There was one couple staying in our building who decided to fight all the time, in and out of their room. Hotel staff quickly resolved that situation as well.

We had direct access to the beach. It was wonderful! And, we were within walking distance of restaurants and we were right at the Grand Strand.

I got more than my money's worth! Don't look for the highest level of accommodations all the time. Look for what you need, if your trip is for a special purpose, which mine was. This hotel will provide that. I will go there again...after all, I have three more granddaughters to go!

• Stayed March 2012
Thank you for taking the time to go to TripAdvisor. We appreciate any and all guest feedback. I am pleased to hear that you enjoyed your recent stay with us. We would be happy to have you as a guest with us again in the future. By all means, bring the rest of them grandchildren. Our area thrives on family fun. If there is anything that you may need, please do not hesitate to contact us. We are here to assist you with your reservation needs. Have a wonderful day!
Greensboro, North Carolina
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 2, 2012

I almost stayed a full night. Thank goodness I didn't pay for any more as I don't know if I would have gotten it back or not. The parking lot was the first nightmare. You feel like a daredevil there. The hallway carpet is just as reported, dirty and worn. I thought at first it was dirt, until I bent down and noticed it was carpet. The elevators were humorous, with mismatched buttons and graffitti, as well as a maintenance guy explaining how it just happened, despite dates from ten years ago. The property could be nice if the owners cared. Obviously they don't. The place smelled all over and was worn beyond belief.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled solo
Thank you for taking the time to fill out our online comment card. We appreciate any and all guest feedback. I would like to apologize for any inconvenience that you may have experienced during your recent stay with us. It is not typical for housekeeping or maintenance to be lacking in the services that you have mentioned in your complaint. During the off season we do go through all the rooms and see what repairs and what furniture needs to be replaced. Thats the resoning for stuff being stored in the parking deck. However, errors are made and I’m sorry if anything was overlooked during your visit. I will make sure these issues and concerns are brought to the attention of our director of housekeeping and maintenance engineer for further review so they can be addressed with individual employees. Thank you again for your valuable input. I hope you have a wonderful day.

Been to Polynesian Beach & Golf Resort? Share your experiences!