“x husbands idea not” 1 of 5 stars

Ranked #191 of 214 hotels in Myrtle Beach
Fayetteville, North Carolina
“x husbands idea not”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 2, 2013

This hotel is scary and I got taken here for my 1st wedding anniversery. Wow. Furniture stacked outside 1st thing I saw. Then the parking deck. You need a 4 wheel drive vehicle to do. Then the lobby. Fly paper strips covered with dead flies. girl behind desk reading Cosmo. Only ones in line. She continued to read not offering to help us in any way. Finally after standing there for a while my husband says we would like to check in. She looks up from mag says in a few minutes continues to read. at this point notice big sign NO REFUNDS. Elevators had grafiti room was pretty bad. however great view. its up to you but I would say book else where.

Room Tip: dont stay here
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple
povmgmt, General Manager at Polynesian Beach & Golf Resort, responded to this review, March 11, 2013
We appreciate any and all guest feedback. I would like to apologize for any inconvenience that you may have experienced during your recent visit with us. Our front desk staff is trained to be as helpful and courteous as possible when assisting our guests. I am sorry if any member of our staff was less than helpful during your time at our property. This is not typical, and I can assure you that your comments and concerns will be forwarded to our front desk manager for further review. Being an older property, we realize our customer service level should exceed the expectations of our guests. I thank you for voicing your concerns and sharing your valuable input. I hope you have a wonderful day.

469 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (77)
Amanda, Ohio
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 28, 2012 via mobile

Great staff, they go out of their way to accommodate your needs. Pet friendly n has two dog parks. Mattresses are comfy. Clean rooms, no mold like previous reviews claimed. It is an older establishment, on the beach, plenty of rooms, parking garage is more spacious than any I've been at in Pittsburgh or Philly, Never had any trouble getting in or out. It's a wonderful deal, our kids always enjoy themselves here.

• Stayed December 2012
Thank you for taking the time to go to Trip Advisor to post a review. We appreciate any and all guest feedback. I am pleased to hear that you enjoyed your recent stay with us. We would be happy to have you as a guest with us again in the future. If there is anything that you may need, please do not hesitate to contact us. We are here to assist you with your reservation needs. Have a wonderful day!
Thomasville, North Carolina
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 9, 2012 via mobile

I needed a quick reservation! I needed beach front, pool, decent room. Needed good restaurants nearby, as well as local attractions. I needed a low, low price, as this was not a preplanned trip. But when it comes to pleasing a long distance granddaughter, who wanted to spend her college spring break with me, her grandma, I was prepared to 'take a chance'!

The destination was Myrtle Beach. A friend had stayed at the Polynesian several years prior and had told me it would suit. So I called, and got a ridiculously low rate for two nights. The pics on the website were nice, so I booked.

We had a two night stay, and it was one of our best times! This resort is not upscale. It is not fancy smancy. But the service was great, the folks kind, and it was clean. Our room was fine, and comfortable. We had an issue with the smoke detector, but that was corrected quickly and efficiently. There was one couple staying in our building who decided to fight all the time, in and out of their room. Hotel staff quickly resolved that situation as well.

We had direct access to the beach. It was wonderful! And, we were within walking distance of restaurants and we were right at the Grand Strand.

I got more than my money's worth! Don't look for the highest level of accommodations all the time. Look for what you need, if your trip is for a special purpose, which mine was. This hotel will provide that. I will go there again...after all, I have three more granddaughters to go!

• Stayed March 2012
Thank you for taking the time to go to TripAdvisor. We appreciate any and all guest feedback. I am pleased to hear that you enjoyed your recent stay with us. We would be happy to have you as a guest with us again in the future. By all means, bring the rest of them grandchildren. Our area thrives on family fun. If there is anything that you may need, please do not hesitate to contact us. We are here to assist you with your reservation needs. Have a wonderful day!
Greensboro, North Carolina
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 2, 2012

I almost stayed a full night. Thank goodness I didn't pay for any more as I don't know if I would have gotten it back or not. The parking lot was the first nightmare. You feel like a daredevil there. The hallway carpet is just as reported, dirty and worn. I thought at first it was dirt, until I bent down and noticed it was carpet. The elevators were humorous, with mismatched buttons and graffitti, as well as a maintenance guy explaining how it just happened, despite dates from ten years ago. The property could be nice if the owners cared. Obviously they don't. The place smelled all over and was worn beyond belief.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled solo
Thank you for taking the time to fill out our online comment card. We appreciate any and all guest feedback. I would like to apologize for any inconvenience that you may have experienced during your recent stay with us. It is not typical for housekeeping or maintenance to be lacking in the services that you have mentioned in your complaint. During the off season we do go through all the rooms and see what repairs and what furniture needs to be replaced. Thats the resoning for stuff being stored in the parking deck. However, errors are made and I’m sorry if anything was overlooked during your visit. I will make sure these issues and concerns are brought to the attention of our director of housekeeping and maintenance engineer for further review so they can be addressed with individual employees. Thank you again for your valuable input. I hope you have a wonderful day.
Atlanta, Georgia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 25, 2012

I just returned from a 5 day stay at this hotel...it was WRETCHED! When you walk into the hallways it resembles a jail...I was waiting for the GP to be released. Concrete molding was breaking off all over. Hallway carpet....worn past the bone!! The room...Ugg. The sheets, blankets, pillows...smelled like the room had not been inspected in quite some time. The whole room for that matter had a very un- pleasant odor. The water pressure was NON-EXISTENT- perhaps it was due to the shower leak that had obviously been there for quite some time based on the discoloration of the ceiling tiles and the attempt at repairing surrounding ceiling tiles. Bathroom floor had mold all along the tub flashing. The AC unit was condensating so bad that the exterior balcony floor was soaked. The view was good...not great...even though I went during an off season, the building was a ghost town, yet they put me on the second floor which had palm trees right in front of my view. The rooms did not have card keys, they did have the old fashioned keys. No wi-fi, and no ability to connect to surrounding hotels contrary to what the front desk associate advised me. Be careful if you park on the second floor deck. The incline driving up is a very very steep blind drive and you cannot see what is in front of you once you get to the top of the slope. Just gun it and hope. The staff- SUB-PAR at best. Certainly not the most welcoming group of people to deal with once completing a 7 hour drive. I was there with my parents and my 8 year old child. Definitely will not return.

Room Tip: If you do choose to stay at this hotel, I DO NOT recommend bringing children. Also, ask for a floor...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Hartsville, South Carolina, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 8, 2012

After reading so many Bad reviews,I wasn't sure what to expect.It was Bike Week & all the Other Hotels were Either Booked up Or Too Expensive,But It was Very nice,the Rooms were clean & Smelled Clean despite what I've Read.So I was Very Pleased,The Staff was really nice.The Price was Great.Will be Staying Again.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Murrells Inlet, South Carolina
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 6, 2012

I stayed at this mold invested, sour smelling establishment and was never so depressed during a vacation. We packed our bags and left for a different hotel . This place should be condemed by the Board of Health. Under garments were left on the balcony along with cigarette butts and dead waterbugs upon check in.....meaning no care was given to cleaniness after checking out other guest. The staff were no where to be seen, the hallways were littered with garbage, and reeked of urine, water stains throughout the rooms, broken air conditioners, sand in the pool that was surppose to be cleaned daily and of course the mold that surrounded many areas inside of the guest rooms. The front door was a danger to close whereas the metal surrounding the locks and the doorknobs made it almost impossible to grip the knob to shut the steel door without injurying the knuckle of your index finger and thumb. The parking garage was impossible to access or exit without almost hitting other vechicles. Leaning on the cinder blocked balcony that was painted white, you would stand upright only to discover that there were chips of paint up and down your forearms. I would never reccommend this hotel to any traveler no matter what form of income you have. This place is a disgrace and should not be on any travel sites. They also stated no pets. Why were there pets in certains rooms barking continuously throughout the night. I ask you all to stay away from this place of garbage and not patronize this establishment. It's a shame that they are there to represent an area of Myrtle Beach, SC.

Room Tip: Go to another hotel.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled on business

Been to Polynesian Beach & Golf Resort? Share your experiences!