“Believe the Reviews” 1 of 5 stars

Ranked #191 of 216 Hotels in Myrtle Beach
Greensboro, North Carolina
“Believe the Reviews”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 2, 2012

I almost stayed a full night. Thank goodness I didn't pay for any more as I don't know if I would have gotten it back or not. The parking lot was the first nightmare. You feel like a daredevil there. The hallway carpet is just as reported, dirty and worn. I thought at first it was dirt, until I bent down and noticed it was carpet. The elevators were humorous, with mismatched buttons and graffitti, as well as a maintenance guy explaining how it just happened, despite dates from ten years ago. The property could be nice if the owners cared. Obviously they don't. The place smelled all over and was worn beyond belief.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled solo
povmgmt, General Manager at Polynesian Beach & Golf Resort, responded to this review, March 11, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to fill out our online comment card. We appreciate any and all guest feedback. I would like to apologize for any inconvenience that you may have experienced during your recent stay with us. It is not typical for housekeeping or maintenance to be lacking in the services that you have mentioned in your complaint. During the off season we do go through all the rooms and see what repairs and what furniture needs to be replaced. Thats the resoning for stuff being stored in the parking deck. However, errors are made and I’m sorry if anything was overlooked during your visit. I will make sure these issues and concerns are brought to the attention of our director of housekeeping and maintenance engineer for further review so they can be addressed with individual employees. Thank you again for your valuable input. I hope you have a wonderful day.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (79)
Atlanta, Georgia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 25, 2012

I just returned from a 5 day stay at this hotel...it was WRETCHED! When you walk into the hallways it resembles a jail...I was waiting for the GP to be released. Concrete molding was breaking off all over. Hallway carpet....worn past the bone!! The room...Ugg. The sheets, blankets, pillows...smelled like the room had not been inspected in quite some time. The whole room for that matter had a very un- pleasant odor. The water pressure was NON-EXISTENT- perhaps it was due to the shower leak that had obviously been there for quite some time based on the discoloration of the ceiling tiles and the attempt at repairing surrounding ceiling tiles. Bathroom floor had mold all along the tub flashing. The AC unit was condensating so bad that the exterior balcony floor was soaked. The view was good...not great...even though I went during an off season, the building was a ghost town, yet they put me on the second floor which had palm trees right in front of my view. The rooms did not have card keys, they did have the old fashioned keys. No wi-fi, and no ability to connect to surrounding hotels contrary to what the front desk associate advised me. Be careful if you park on the second floor deck. The incline driving up is a very very steep blind drive and you cannot see what is in front of you once you get to the top of the slope. Just gun it and hope. The staff- SUB-PAR at best. Certainly not the most welcoming group of people to deal with once completing a 7 hour drive. I was there with my parents and my 8 year old child. Definitely will not return.

Room Tip: If you do choose to stay at this hotel, I DO NOT recommend bringing children. Also, ask for a floor...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Hartsville, South Carolina, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 8, 2012

After reading so many Bad reviews,I wasn't sure what to expect.It was Bike Week & all the Other Hotels were Either Booked up Or Too Expensive,But It was Very nice,the Rooms were clean & Smelled Clean despite what I've Read.So I was Very Pleased,The Staff was really nice.The Price was Great.Will be Staying Again.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Murrells Inlet, South Carolina
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 6, 2012

I stayed at this mold invested, sour smelling establishment and was never so depressed during a vacation. We packed our bags and left for a different hotel . This place should be condemed by the Board of Health. Under garments were left on the balcony along with cigarette butts and dead waterbugs upon check in.....meaning no care was given to cleaniness after checking out other guest. The staff were no where to be seen, the hallways were littered with garbage, and reeked of urine, water stains throughout the rooms, broken air conditioners, sand in the pool that was surppose to be cleaned daily and of course the mold that surrounded many areas inside of the guest rooms. The front door was a danger to close whereas the metal surrounding the locks and the doorknobs made it almost impossible to grip the knob to shut the steel door without injurying the knuckle of your index finger and thumb. The parking garage was impossible to access or exit without almost hitting other vechicles. Leaning on the cinder blocked balcony that was painted white, you would stand upright only to discover that there were chips of paint up and down your forearms. I would never reccommend this hotel to any traveler no matter what form of income you have. This place is a disgrace and should not be on any travel sites. They also stated no pets. Why were there pets in certains rooms barking continuously throughout the night. I ask you all to stay away from this place of garbage and not patronize this establishment. It's a shame that they are there to represent an area of Myrtle Beach, SC.

Room Tip: Go to another hotel.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 16, 2012 via mobile

You have been warned unless you are on your last dime because this is the absolutely the worse hotel ever.....think the worse and a rip off. Just to stay you should bring cleaning supplies, sheets, blankets, pillows, and air freshner. Word to the wise just don't stay here.

• Stayed September 2012
Heath Springs
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 12, 2012

Alot of heavy black mold and mildew EVERYWHERE on the bedspreads, mattresses walls and ceiling. Rusty, sticky flithy moldy furniture. The ceiling has water damage and some of the cealing is hanging down a little in a couple parts of the room. There was one lamp to light up the room so the room is pretty dark. There's a ton of lights in the bathroom. There are some steep ramps to drive up to park your car. The refrigerator was very cold, clean and roomy. The microwave was nice and clean too. The water pressure in the shower was like a fire hose, it was strong enough to blast you right out of the shower. The shower curtain was dirty, it had mildew on it and it was nasty. Pets are welcome. They put allot of chemicals in the pools. We saw allot of big roaches around the hot tub and pool but I didn't see any in the room. Great veiw from the balcolny. You will pay a good bit more then they advertise on the sign out front, don't believe the price they have on the sign. There is a tiny old raggedy tv and NO wi fi. The mold and mildew and sticky furniture were the worst part next to the saggy mattress that put a hurting on my back. They have a free ice machine to fill up your cooler.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 10, 2012 via mobile

Omg.... I thought I was in the hood... It was the nasty, smelly, I had mold on.the mattress . I sprayed the room with lysol and I had to buy clorox and dish dergent to clean the room...
Our room felt wet the whole time... When we was sleep water was dripping on our heads from the ceiling ... I stayed gone the whole.time cause I didn't want to go back to the room..... I made the kids keep their shoes on.... Please bring your own sheet cause we.had blood stains on the sheets ... The mattress felt like they stuffed it with cotton it was lumpy...dead serious.... Omg... I willl never ever stay here again....plz for those who stay plz bring your own sheets covers, blankets, cleaning supplies, and towels and wash clothes cause its no such things as a housekeeper.... Because you are their house keeper.... LOL I laugh at myself cause i really can't believe I stayed here...the elevator stink... That whole place made me sooooooooooooooooo sick.... I had to go swim at.the palace and landmark so ppl.wouldn't know I stayed there when I took my pictures..... Sorry.Polynesia you new.a serious upgrade or burn it up one ... Never again ...and the parking was terrible.... Not kids friendly...

• Stayed September 2012

Been to Polynesian Beach & Golf Resort? Share your experiences!