“Easter mass at the Palace” 4 of 5 stars

Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #9 of 33 Attractions in Myrtle Beach
More attraction details
Owner description: Performance theater that seats 2,700 offering live musicals, broadway style productions, celebrity performances. Current home of "Hot Jersey Nights" and "Illusions of Magic".
Raleigh, North Carolina
10 attraction reviews
“Easter mass at the Palace”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 1, 2013

Went to the 10 am Easter mass and enjoyed the service. There is a lot of space between rows to stretch out. The view of the stage was good. We sat near the back. St. Andrew Catholic Church did a great job of streamlining everything, especially communion. Father Good was hilarious and he even gave a nod to "Elvis."

Los Angeles, California
“Illusions of Magic - Wonderful Show!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 1, 2013

My kids and I were in Myrtle Beach for spring break. I wanted a show that would be entertaining for both me and the kids. The magic show at The Palace did just that. We all really enjoyed it and it is a great show for families. The magician was very entertaining and the dancing was wonderful. The Tiger was beautiful and the kids loved that you could take your picture with him! All in all, it was a great show and I'd recommend it to other families and would definitely go see it again.

Visited April 2013
Mechanicsville, Maryland
“Illusions of Magic”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 29, 2013

Terrible show! Save your money. All 7 kids wanted to leave at intermission. My wife fell asleep halfway through the second half of the show. Do not fall for the free tickets offered by the resorts. You will have to sit through the sales seminar, not worth it!!

Jacksonville, Florida
7 attraction reviews
“Illusions of Magic- Awful!!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 29, 2013

While visiting my parents in SC, my parents and my sons and I went to see the Thursday matinee of "Illusions of Magic". It was absolutely pitiful. The "magician" was lacking charm, pizazz and humor. Most of the illusions were pathetic, and obvious how they were done. How many times can you watch a coin be "caught" out of the air, or how many boxes do you have to watch cut in half.
The show was filled with dance numbers, obviously filling up time, and quite frankly the dancers didn't seem to care if they were in sync or not. In addition to the poor show, there were obnoxious displays of commercialism as well. Right before intermission, the magician (Dave I think) said "in the second half of the show we are going to be using our magic wands to make a motorcycle levitate, and I am going to need your help. So go get your wand... I think the gift shop carries them". He thinks?....dont insult our intelligence, you know darn well they do....just a ploy to make the kids beg their parents for the money to spend more $. They also took plenty of time in intermission to allow you to get a picture with a Bengal Tiger who was in a plexiglass type cage. The picture would allow them to "save the tigers"- at $20 a photo, which of course he fails to mention. Wonder how much really goes to the tigers?
My mom was downright pissed at having wasted her time and money on this show. I could not wait for it to be over. My boys 7 & 11 found it fairly entertaining, as they had never seen any type of magic show before, and they really liked seeing the beautiful tiger.
I know we were not alone in our negative opinion of the show as I heard many others making comments.
We have seen decent shows at the Palace Theater before. But they need to be more aware of the show quality they offer, or it will reflect poorly on them. I will be very cautious before purchasing tickets from the Palace.

Columbus, Ohio
7 attraction reviews
“Illusions of Magic”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 29, 2013

Agree with Bridget and her review. She is pretty spot on. Painful. I had a magician for my daughter's birthday party last year that was more entertaining and had better jokes. It was that bad. My kids felt terrible for the tiger. The tiger seemed like the most random of props. It almost seemed as if they just wanted to include it to use in the marketing of the show. Advertisement said the show had just arrived from Las Vegas. Must have been directly from the back alley behind the Golden Nugget.

If you are thinking about going to this show run the opposite direction!