We have just returned from a week at the Best Western Grand Strand Inn And Suites in Myrtle Beach, South Carolina, we were there from the 21st to the 26th and had a great time. After staying in big Hotels and Resorts all the time, we were surprised at how nice the Grand Strand Inn was.
At check in time the staff was very-very friendly. We met a lovely lady by the name of Pat, who gave us suggestions as to what to do and where to take our 10 year old daughter. She suggested the Dolly Parton Dixie Stampede and we loved it! Thank you Pat!
We stayed in the main building, first level, right across from the pool. This was the first time for us to have a parking space right in front of our door, how great is this. At the big hotels you have to go around and around until you find a space, if not, it's valet parking. The room had two entrances a front and a back door entrance, you were able to find a space at either side. Although we have an inground pool at home, my daughter loved the idea of having a pool outside our door, with a lazy river and a jacuzzi. The pool was kept clean and they would power wash the walk ways in the morning, it was well lit in the evening. The room had two Queen size beds, the kitchenette was equipped with everything you need if you're into cooking.
A continental breakfast was available in the mornings from 6:30-9:30 and consisted of milk/juice/toast/bagels/fruit cup/cereals/a waffle maker which was a favorite by my family and a complimentary daily newspaper was available for all the guests.
The beach was across the street and we had no problems with getting there, we would go out the back door, cross the street and go through the "public beach walkway" to the beach, nice and easy. I read other reviews in which they said it was horrible crossing the street, that was not our case. The beach was perfect, it wasn't crowed as you would find at other hotels and the other families were very nice.
There was one night that we got to our room to find that the bathroom had flooded, the toilet tank had cracked. I called the front desk and a very nice gentleman came over, looked at it, said "I'll be back with another tank" and less than an hour our tank had been changed, and he had cleaned everything.
One thing we did have problems with was with the internet connections, they did mention that they were having problems with that side of the building, we were able to go to the lobby and it should work. Sometimes things happen for a reason, it's vacation time, let's leave work behind. We never made it to the lobby to check our computers.
We will surely be back at the Best Western Grand Strand Inn And Suites. It took us 12 years to return to Myrtle Beach and we had the same great experience as the first time, only better the Grand Strand is the place to stay!! Thank you all for a great stay.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Join us this year in beautiful, sunny Myrtle Beach and Have A Grand Strand Vacation. With two buildings to choose from, non smoking oceanfront and the main building across the street from the ocean, our clean, affordable rooms, efficiencies, two & three bedroom suites are sure to put you at ease. We welcome families, golfers and couples (no pets please). Spend your days exploring the beach or lounge around our oversized 30' by 60' seasonal heated pool with separate kiddie pool, lazy river, hot tub, and sundeck. You can also enjoy our indoor pool and hot tub with changing room located at our beachfront facility. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with AAA Travel Services, Orbitz, Booking.com, EasyToBook, TripOnline SA, Despegar.com and Odigeo so you can book your BEST WESTERN PLUS Grand Strand Inn & Suites reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Best Western Plus Grand Strand Hotel Myrtle Beach
- Best Western Plus Grand Strand Inn And Suites
- Best Western Myrtle Beach
- Myrtle Beach Best Western