“Very happly surprise” 4 of 5 stars

GreenLeadersBronze level
Winston Salem, North Carolina
“Very happly surprise”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 16, 2013

We where on vacation the week of August 11 -16 and we stayed at this location at the oceanfront building. The reason we selected this hotel was due to the reviews that I had read on tripadvisor and I must say that all of the positive reviews were correct. The staff was very helpful and nice especially our maid, that always left our suites looking like the first day we arrive at the hotel, everything was very clean and nicely decorated. We love the rocking chairs and we used them every evening to watch the beach and have quiet time to think. We never had a problem with parking, but I must admit that a few of the quests from Viking did use some of Best Western parking spaces. .

Room Tip: The rooms in the oceanfront building are small but decorated nicely and you have a beautiful view of...

1,047 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (179)
Raleigh, North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 16, 2013

Awesome trip. Great price. Across the street from the beach and a nice hotel pool and hot tub too. Also access to the other Best Western hotel that has an indoor pool. Nice room and nice breakfast. Will go here again. Staff was super friendly and helpful.

A TripAdvisor Member
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 15, 2013

Pros: Continental breakfast, Lazy River, close to Ocean. Multiple room type options -waterfront, cottages, efficiency etc.. fast customer support. Engaging owner. Hi-speed internet. Cons: lack of bad behavior management by hotel staff of guests that are loud, using foul language, and obnoxious around others. This almost ruined our stay -luckily group left shortly after our arrival otherwise we would have left for another hotel. Other then that it was a nice hotel -affordable and kept clean.

Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Jack R, Owner at BEST WESTERN PLUS Grand Strand Inn & Suites, responded to this review, August 26, 2013
Thank you for your positive comments about my property. As I said in our emails, though, I am deeply sorry that your experience at my property was tainted by other guests, and especially that you felt that my staff and I did not handle the situation appropriately. Again, if I had been notified of the situation, I would have addressed those guests immediately. I am glad to hear, though, that ever other aspect of your stay was pleasant and that you enjoyed your vacation. We can't wait to see you next time!
Winchester, United States
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 15, 2013

We stayed here after reading the great reviews and was so disappointed and wondered who actually wrote the reviews. Firstly, the room is very small and outdated, the bathroom is so tiny two people could not be in it at the same time. The breakfast was horrible, a greasy mess that made us all sick. The spas did not work the entire time we were there, the lazy rive was dirty. The sink was clogged in the room and smelled horrible. The beds were not comfortable at all and to top it off we found bugs in the room. For 165/night, I expected better accommodations! There is a lot more to say but I just want to put this bad place behind us. You have been warned, do not stay there!

Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Jack R, Owner at BEST WESTERN PLUS Grand Strand Inn & Suites, responded to this review, August 25, 2013
Once again, I would like to apologize for any way in which my property did not exceed your expectations. I can assure you that my staff and I work tirelessly to provide exceptional service, clean rooms, and high-quality amenities to every guest that stays with us. I am deeply sorry that your experience did not align with our standards. I am sorry to hear, especially, that you were unhappy with the size of your room and bathroom. I wish you would have contacted my front desk with this concern; I do have 21 different room types, and we would have been happy to work with you to find another room that was more to your liking.

Although we cannot always prevent maintenance issues (such as a sink clogging up), we do seek to address such problems with efficiency when they are brought to our attention. I hope that, despite the inconvenience, you found my staff to be prompt and helpful in responding to your maintenance call. I am also very sorry that one hot tubs was down during your stay. Unfortunately, we had to order a part in order to fix it, which caused it to be "out of order" for two and a half days. Please accept my apologies for the frustration this caused you.

Finally, regarding your comments about breakfast: over 200 people enjoyed breakfast during your stay, and we had no other complaints about the food making anybody sick. We do our best to provide a wide variety of selections- from fresh fruit and yogurt to made-to-order waffles to biscuits with gravy- in order to satisfy any party. I wish you would have approached my staff about this matter during your stay, so that we could identify if there was a problem with one of our dishes.

Again, I am very sorry that your stay was anything other than pleasant. Please consider giving us another chance next time you visit. We would love to have another opportunity to serve you.
Myrtle Beach, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 15, 2013

My girlfriend (now fiancee!) and I spent a week at the Best Western Plus on Ocean Blvd. We enjoyed our stay immensely. It is located right across the street from the public beach access. Our room was tasteful, clean and the bed was really comfy. We had no problems keeping any valuables in the provided safe. I would stay at the Best Western Plus again.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple

5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 14, 2013 via mobile

My husband and I stayed here for 2 nights as part of a long road trip we took this summer.

The hotel is very clean. The cleaning staff really does a great job of cleaning and only came when we were away from the room.

The hotel is just across the street from the beach. A very short walk away. They also have a lazy river and pool, which we did not try out. It seemed a lot of families were taking advantage of the pools however and the pools were well maintained.

Breakfast is included in your stay. It runs from 6:30-9:30. We tried to take advantage of it but it was so ridiculously crowded with a line out of the hotel that we ate elsewhere.

Pleasant stay, nice family atmosphere, but a little pricey. We paid $170 a night, for probably about a $125 a night valued hotel.

• Stayed August 2013
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2013 via mobile

Everybody is very nice and welcoming. The room was very clean and very nice. I think the area was very nice and i felt safe, we stayed in a first floor looking towards the street, there was never a moment were we felt unsafe. I absolutely do not agree with a previous review of it being trashy. If i have one complain is that i wish breakfast lasted at least another hour n since the sitting area for breakfast is not big, guests should be allowed to take the food back to their rooms.

• Stayed August 2013
Jack R, Owner at BEST WESTERN PLUS Grand Strand Inn & Suites, responded to this review, August 15, 2013
Thank you so much for your review, and for your kind words about my property. I am so glad to hear that you were pleased with our location and atmosphere, and that you felt safe during your stay. In regards to breakfast: we are aware that the lobby can get crowded in the mornings and do our best to ensure that everything runs smoothly and efficiently. We do, for example, offer prepackaged to-go bags for guess who do not wish to wait in line. I will certainly take your specific suggestions for improvements into account, however. We always welcome guests' comments! Thanks again for your review.

Been to BEST WESTERN PLUS Grand Strand Inn & Suites? Share your experiences!