Looking for a warm weather April 18th 5 day trip to Myrtle Beach, SC trip for three adults (parents and senior in college daughter.
We had a suite on the west side of the street facing the ocean. The lot on the ocean side of the street was vacant so we had a good view of the ocean and the suite on the second floor had a good size balcony. The hotel was great, water temp. in the pool ok but could have been a little warmer, breakfast was good and the staff very friendly.
Be cautious of the weather report advertised for Myrtle Beach. Everyday the advertised temp. was appx. 63 degrees high and it rained only one day, however, the actual real feel was probably high 40s to low 50s. There were not many people on the street during our visit and those hardy enough to take a walk had jackets on and hands in their pockets. Outside of arriving late the first day and seeing some sun, the rest of our stay had 90% gray skies, little to no sun to speak of, and the constant wind of 20-25 miles an hour (I'm not talking gusts) made it cold enough to wear a thick hoody or spring jacket (not a light windbreaker). Because we were at the ocean, we had to go to the beach at least a short time each day where my daughter had to try to get a little sun. She lay on the beach in her swim suit hoping for some sun and getting sand blasted. We sat in our chairs with our jackets on. The ocean looked great (not swimming temp) and was full of large breakers 90% of the time. Daughter wanted to go para-sailing but on the couple days she wanted to go, the weather was too bad so it didn't happen. On the better gray sky days, we noted only minor or no ocean water sport activity. There are a couple nice outlet malls that we went to to pass the time and we took a ride to North Carolina to sight see and had dinner at a nice restaurant (Boundary House Rest) which was next door to a large size Christmas shop (not as big a Frankenmuth, MI Christmas shop), but pretty big.
We also visited a large store just south of Myrtle Beach called Old Time Pottery. Evidently it is a chain store, however, we had never heard of it. If you are looking for home decorations, glassware and stuff like that, it is worth a short drive to check the place out. Some neat stuff worth the visit.
One day we took a slow sight seeing 2 hour drive to Charleston, SC. We had our best time there visiting Fort Moultier for a couple hours and then parking at the visitor center near the historic district. We had a long walk (shorts & tee shirt weather with minor breeze) into and around the historic district and the also had free trollies that you could take to get around (which we didn't use because they seemed crowded). Lots of restaurants in the downtown historic district so we had good lunch. Driving back to Myrtle Beach the familiar gray skies and wind appx one hour from the city.
- Also Known As:
- Best Western Plus Grand Strand Hotel Myrtle Beach
- Best Western Plus Grand Strand Hotel
- Best Western Plus Grand Strand Inn And Suites
- Best Western Myrtle Beach
- Myrtle Beach Best Western
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Join us this year in beautiful, sunny Myrtle Beach and Have A Grand Strand Vacation. With two buildings to choose from, non smoking oceanfront and the main building across the street from the ocean, our clean, affordable rooms, efficiencies, two & three bedroom suites are sure to put you at ease. We welcome families, golfers and couples (no pets please). Spend your days exploring the beach or lounge around our oversized 30' by 60' seasonal heated pool with separate kiddie pool, lazy river, hot tub, and sundeck. You can also enjoy our indoor pool and hot tub with changing room located at our beachfront facility. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Orbitz, Best Western, Priceline, Travelocity, Hotels.com and Agoda so you can book your BEST WESTERN PLUS Grand Strand Inn & Suites reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.