“Clean and reasonably priced!” 5 of 5 stars

Special Price
15% off room rate
Ranked #10 of 214 Hotels in Myrtle Beach
GreenLeadersBronze level
“Clean and reasonably priced!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 28, 2013 via mobile

We just got home from Myrtle Beach, and wanted to comment on the hotel we stayed in. Best Western On The Strand is nice, clean, and reasonably priced. We stayed in the main building, and just walked across the street and were on the beach. The staff was friendly & helpful. We would definitely stay again!

• Stayed April 2013
Jack R, Owner at BEST WESTERN PLUS Grand Strand Inn & Suites, responded to this review, April 29, 2013
Thank you so much for your kind words! I'm glad that you enjoyed your stay in the main building, across the street from the ocean, and found my property to be exceptional in every way. Our highest priorities are to provide every guest with excellent customer service and a clean, high-quality room... I'm always pleased when guests comment that they found us to meet those goals. Thanks again for your review. We can't wait to see you again!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (189)
Ottawa, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 26, 2013

This hotel has two buidlings, one on the side of the ocean and one directly across the street. We were in the one across the street but it had a fantastic view of the ocean anyway. The room was very clean and spaceous.

The staff were very friendly, gave us maps of the area and suggestions on what to do. The hotel itself is a bit south of the major retail area which makes it rather impossible to spend the day on foot but if you don't mind driving to the action, this hotel is great.

Greer, South Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 25, 2013 via mobile

The hotel room was clean! Everything looked great we had a king bed and it was really comfy. I do wish I would have up graded to an ocean view though! I just would have liked to sit in my room and see the beach.

• Stayed April 2013
Canton, Ohio
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 24, 2013

Far different from the pictures and reviews. The main building is in reality much smaller than the photo. In reality the pool in about the size of a backyard pool; the lazy river - the same size. The parking in very crowded. The rooms are quite small as well. The breakfast is average; the room exceedingly crowded. The rooms open to the walkway/balcony so there is no light unless you want everyone going by to see into your room. The rave reviews must come from those in the beachfront building.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Jack R, Owner at BEST WESTERN PLUS Grand Strand Inn & Suites, responded to this review, April 25, 2013
I'm very sorry to see that you were disappointed with your experience at my property. Regardless of whether guests stay in the main building or the oceanfront one, we do our best to make sure that they have an exceptional experience in Myrtle Beach. I am sorry that yours was anything less. I wish that you would have shared your concerns with us while you were here. We have 19 different room types, ranging from 222 sq ft to 1,031 sq ft, in order to accommodate every party's needs; I would have been happy to move you to a different room that was better suited to your tastes. That being said, while I have the opportunity, I would like to emphasize that all of our photos accurately reflect the property. In addition, our website plainly indicates that the outdoor pool is 30ft x 60ft. We are very adamant to not do anything that would deceive guests... I'm deeply sorry if you felt we gave any other impression. The positive reviews on TripAdvisor are the genuine result of guests staying in both of our buildings, as well as our cottages. I hope that you will give us another try, so that we can find a room that would work for you.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 23, 2013

I took my family away for a few days and this was the perfect spot on the ocean at a reasonable price. I booked it on the way down, same day as arrival. Great service from that moment on. This hotel has two buildings, one on the ocean and one across the street. We upgraded to be on the ocean. This building had an indoor pool that was kept very well. We arrived to find the room was very well kept and clean throughout with a nice little kitchenette and table. A flat screen tv in each room. I check the beds as soon as I walk into a hotel and I found that the mattresses each were encased with a protector. We had a king bed and in the other room was a sleeper sofa. It was a two room unit perfect for 3 - 4 guests. The entire hotel was immaculate. A complimentary continental breakfast is included with a small assortment of pastries and even Belgian waffles. Coffee was good too. The staff was kind and friendly. Our views of the beach were terrific, we literally walked out of our room down one floor and were on the beach in minutes.
When facing the hotel from the beach you can see that it's modest but nicely kept amid a long strip of high rise hotels. This one was about 4 floors high and that's it. After walking on the beach from our hotel north I could appreciate that we found a gem. I saw some places that catered to a lower budget crowd or college kids and then some massive high rise hotels that didn't get near as good of reviews as this one. So I couldn't have been happier. I booked it during the drive down.

Room Tip: 2101 was our room
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Lancaster, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 21, 2013

Best Western Grand Strand is nicely situated along the oceanfront in Myrtle Beach. We enjoyed five nights in a second floor room with a balcony featuring two rocking chairs overlooking the pool. The room was clean, pleasantly decorated, had two comfortable queen beds and was equipped with everything you'd expect. The front desk personnel were kind and helpful. We very much appreciated the fresh hot breakfast items served in the lobby every morning by Teresa, a lovely lady who clearly loves her job and takes excellent care of everyone. One minor inconvenience was that the key card system for our room door was glitchy. It seemed to take awhile for maintenance to correct the issue after we notified the front desk. Even so, we would choose to stay here again next trip.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to BEST WESTERN PLUS Grand Strand Inn & Suites? Share your experiences!