“Wonderful Place to stay!” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Breakfast for 2 Included
Ranked #64 of 215 Hotels in Myrtle Beach
Gettysburg, Pennsylvania
“Wonderful Place to stay!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 3, 2009

My wife, child and myself stayed at this wonderful hotel overnight before we were to report to our rented condo in Myrtle Beach! We loved this hotel! The second we walked in the lobby we were greeted by staff members, and we were given our room key. The rooms were exceptionally clean and the beds were very comfortable. As far as the help desk was concerned, they give you alot of booklets, but they just want you to see a time share in exchange for tickets and dinner. Besides that we had a wonderful experience at this hotel.

• Stayed September 2009, traveled with family
JuliPray, Revenue Manager at Sheraton Myrtle Beach Convention Center Hotel, responded to this review, November 10, 2009
Thank you so much for staying with us & taking the time to write a review. All our guests comments & suggestions come greatly appreciated. We hope you'll be able to stay with us again soon!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (180)
North Carolina
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 14, 2009

We got what we thought was a great deal on a 4-star hotel via Hotwire...little did we know that the initial price was only the beginning! First there's a $5 fee to park...then, there's the additional $10 per day for the internet! I could be wrong, but I've stayed in $40 a night Holiday Inn's that have the internet included!! My $67 a night turned out to be $100, and I'm still two blocks away from the beach in a room with peeling wallpaper and broken grout in the tub. And I have a fantastic view of the convention center rooftop.

• Stayed September 2009, traveled as a couple
Raleigh, North Carolina
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 8, 2009

I plan all trips my trip using advisor and I am always truthful about my reviews, so that we all can enjoy our vacations to the fullest.

This hotel is very very nice, We had a view of the ocean from our floor. We checked in early and they had no problem with that, I told them that I wanted to view the ocean from the room and they were great with moving me to a high floor. (We could have gone higher if we wanted to wait until regular check in time for them to finish cleaning the rooms). We opted for the fifth floor which we could see the water. This hotel is about 2 blocks from the ocean, great location and right around the corner from Broadway on the beach where all the happenings are.

Only compliant ... they did over charge us per night for the room, I had my reservation receipt from the email, printed it out in their business center (which has free printing and nice monitors) and they were happy to refund the difference right away.

Would definitely stay again.

• Stayed September 2009, traveled with friends
Maryland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2009

We stayed here in August 2008 for 2 nights. We booked our room through hotwire.com for a great rate of less than $75 per night. A wonderful stay. Great hotel. Rooms look just as pictured. Pool is not as nice looking as pictured. It is on a roof top of the hotel. Great location to restaurants and very close to Broadway on the Beach. You could walk to beach. I think it was a mile away, but we have small children so we drove. A wonderful trip and would stay there again.

• Stayed August 2008, traveled with family
Sicklerville, New Jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2009

The Sheraton Myrtle Beach Convention Center is centrally located in Myrtle Beach. The hotel is only two blocks from the beach (5 minute walk), and is close to shopping and restaurants. The hotel is two blocks from Broadway at the Beach (a mix of Pleasure Island and Times Square). The hotel is within 10-15 minutes walk of the main strip downtown, were everyone congregates in the evening and night.

Upon arriving at the hotel, we were allowed ealry check, and found the room to be in top shape. The hotel offers a garage for self-parking at $5.00 per day or valet for $10.00 per day. There is no direct access from the garage to the hotel, but the walkway is covered.

The rooms were clean, and comfortable, with the beds being covered in a down-filled duvet. The hotel is well-maintained, and one of the best features is the third floor enclosed pool and hot tub/jacuzzi with connecting exercise room.

We did not eat at any of the onsite bars or restaurants, as there were too many we wanted to try offsite. Dirty Don's on 21st one block from the hotel towards the beach, has great happy hour specials on food. It's a great place to eat and people watch or catch sports on the TV.

The hotel also offers a free Wi-Fi and internet lounge in the lobby.

Since we booked this room at the last minute (1 1-2 days before check-in), paying around $63.00 with taxes included on Priceline, we cannot complain about anything about this room or hotel. We had a lucky draw on a $50.00 bid and could not have been happier. The regular room rate for a standard double for the weekend of July 4th was $179 plus tax or $159 with AAA.

• Stayed July 2009, traveled on business
Greensboro
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 4, 2009

I will begin with check in. Check in was simple and quick however I did dislike the fact that you had to park in a parking deck that was over crowded. The elevators for the parking deck are not air conditioned so you can imagine with this July heat how hot it was. The only nice thing about the parking deck was you needed a room key to gain access. Onto the hotel lobby and indoor elevators. The lobby is beautiful and I thought it was nice that they offered complimentary internet access. The elevators were clean and also required the usage of your room key to gain access to your floor. Ok now we are going to talk about the hotel room. I requested a Jr. King Suite and from the description online I thought it was going to be much nicer. The pictures will tell a thousand words, the room was mediocre. I had a serious issue with the fact that the comforter smelled of urine. Complete turn off! ! ! The bathroom sucked, and the view from the balcony was subpar. The resturant was very good, and I liked the server. On the flip side the walk to the beach was quick about 10 minutes and 2 blocks. I wouldnt suggest walking to Broadway at the beach unless you are use to walking because there is alot of walking to be done. I will not return to this hotel. Oh, the pool is only 3ft and its filled with children. It looks nothing like the picture. The workout room is nice and they give you free ice. Also the location is good if you dont like to be on a crowded street like Ocean Blvd. If you do decide to stay I hope your experience is better, and for those of you who are critical like myself do not waste your time.

• Stayed July 2009, traveled as a couple
Logan, WV
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 3, 2009

We needed a cheap but nice place to stay overnight until our reservations were ready. I went to Priceline and put in a $50 request for a 3 1/2 star on Myrtle Beach. The gave me an oceanview room on the 10th floor with double beds. Great price, excellant room, couldn't ask for more. Very clean and plush. Very small pool area though. Short walk to the beach, but beware at night it is not a great idea. You have to walk about three blocks two the beach where one block is completely dark. Great for a quick, cheap stay, oh yeah this was the week of the fourth of July for $50.

• Stayed July 2009, traveled with family

Been to Sheraton Myrtle Beach Convention Center Hotel? Share your experiences!