“Nice hotel but not on the beach” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Breakfast for 2 Included
Ranked #68 of 214 Hotels in Myrtle Beach
UNIONTOWN, OH
“Nice hotel but not on the beach”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 15, 2013

I booked this hotel for a business trip so it was ok that I was not on the beach; it was several blocks away. The hotel is located at the convention center and walking distance to a few restaurants. The hotel has a parking deck attached with very small spaces; they do have a portion of the deck blocked off for over-sized vehicles. Keep this in mind if renting a car. There is also a charge for parking and there is reallly no other option than to pay since there is no other parking avaialble. They do offer valet parking too. The room was very nice and clean. I did find that it was not very soundproof; I often could hear conversations in the next room. There internet is not complimentary. Breakfast is also not complimentary; I did not eat at the hotel but they do have a restaurant and a bar. They have a small indoor pool but no outdoor pool; there is a outside deck area near the pool to lay out in the sun. I stopped by the pool one evening and it was full of kids and very chlorinated so I opted not go swimming. If I was going to Myrtle for the beach, I would select another hotel closer to the beach.They did have a welcome gift but beware - I am sure it involved a timeshare visit after over hearing another guest.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
Juli P, Director of Revenue at Sheraton Myrtle Beach Convention Center Hotel, responded to this review, October 4, 2013
Good morning FENTON64 & thank you for writing us a review! We're glad that overall you enjoyed your stay with us. Looks like you had some positives & negatives, but overall the score you gave us was good. We do hope that you'll come back & stay with us again soon. The indoor pool comes in handy in our Winter months, so please come back & enjoy it. Have a great weekend, Juli

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (165)
Raleigh, North Carolina
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 14, 2013

First staying at Sheraton, especially at the beach, very quiet so I got a chance to get the rest I needed, front personal,awesome, very friendly, Did like the $8.00 a day parking fee... But overall stay was great...THANK YOU SHERATON MYRTLE BEACH

• Stayed September 2013, traveled solo
Good morning Carolyn H, & thanks so much for leaving us a good review! We're very happy you enjoyed your stay with us & got some much needed rest & peacefulness. We look forward to having you back as our guest soon & have a great weekend! Juli
Bernville, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 13, 2013

Stayed here 9/7 through 9/11. Rooms were nice, bed was super comfortable and the hotel was clean. Location is not the greatest, 4 blocks from the beach. What irritated us was the $8.00 per day charge for the luxury of parking in the Sheraton parking garage. As guests of the hotel, we should not be paying to park our rental car on hotel property. We will not be staying at the Sheraton on our next trip to Myrtle Beach.

Room Tip: When booking a room make sure of the location and proximity to the beach.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Good morning Karen H, & thank you for taking time to write us a review. We're very happy you enjoyed the rooms & the awesome beds. We hope that the parking fee doesn't hinder you from staying with us again as we'd hate for this to be why you don't come back. Please let us know & have a great weekend, Juli
Malibu, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 12, 2013 via mobile

I booked a room here on priceline for 70$ a night . Awesome vaule. Great location, close to the ocean ,boardwalk,and Broadway at The Beach. Lounge had decent drink prices, and the breakfast buffet was great,although a little exspensive.

• Stayed June 2013
Juli P, Director of Revenue Management at Sheraton Myrtle Beach Convention Center Hotel, responded to this review, October 1, 2013
Good Morning T J S. Thank you for taking the time to write a review. We are happy to hear you enjoyed your stay with us. We're glad to hear you enjoyed some of our outlets. Hope to see you again soon! Have a great day.
Temple Hills, Maryland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 12, 2013

UGH! I really wish there were a category higher than average but lower than very good because that's where this Sheraton falls with me.

A friend and I traveled to Myrtle Beach on Labor Day weekend (with the rest of the East Coast, evidently). I reserved a room while eating brunch very early on Sunday afternoon and went over there at 3 pm to check in. The clerk advised us our room wasn't ready but she took my number and would call shortly. Too bad shortly never showed up. I called back at 5 pm...now, the room is ready. I asked her why she didn't call. She said she had...I told her she didn't and I ended the back and forth; I didn't feel like arguing with her-- I wanted to get to the beach.

Despite that, the room was clean, spacious, well appointed and up-to-date. There were floor to ceiling windows with black-out curtains. Nice. My room was high up, as I requested. The large flat screen TV, mini-fridge, beds, pillows and bedding were all fine. I did receive the run around again trying to get additional towels on Monday morning. I called and they never arrived so I asked the nearest housekeeping staff. Apparently, you have to ask a certain one; no one can just give me a towel off their cart so after asking 3 people, I finally acquired 2 additional towels. SMH...

It was a short walk to the beach, restaurants and stores but the hotel seemed to have enough amenities to keep you busy if you didn't want to venture out; Starbucks coffee bar, restaurant, 2 lounges, fitness center, pool, etc. My third complaint is that it's an ALL STARBUCKS hotel. I can't drink that - it gives me the shakes. NOT GOOD that I have to leave the hotel to get a cup of coffee that doesn't give me a nervous condition.

Despite all that, I don't want to call this hotel "average". I was comfortable in the room and the hotel is well taken care of. Everything else I asked for arrived pretty timely. Of course, I didn't pay full price but for my service (and my coffee) it could have been much better for what I did pay.

This is my first Sheraton. I hope the next one will be better.

Room Tip: Rooms facing the convention center parking lot are quiet, though the view is just that--of a parking...
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends
Good Morning traceytracey. Thank you for taking the time to write a review, we appreciate your feedback. Sorry to hear you had some issues with check in and items arriving promptly. Please know these issues will be addressed witht the appropriate managers. We are please to hear you enjoyed the facility, the location and your room. We hope you will be staying with us again soon. Have a great week.
Montreal, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 6, 2013

Allow me to start off by saying I liked this hotel. The rooms were great, the bed was exquisitely comfortable, the service was top notch, I had a fantastic view. I also got a good price for the room as the hotel was largely empty when I was in town. The location was a little far from the beach but still an easy walk (and far enough away that you didn't have to hear the drunken frat boys at night). What I did not like is the surprise "miscellaneous" charge on my bill when I checked out. I asked about that and they said it was a "facility fee". A fee for what? Pool? Gym? I didn't use any such facilities. I was not told this fee was going to be there. The thing that gets me is that on my recent road trip I stayed at many 3 and 3.5 star hotels that offered me the same "facilities" as this location did and they were included in the price of the room. I think because they have the Sheraton name and the 4 star rating they justify picking your pocket. Bottom line, I would stay at this location again (as I said, I did enjoy my stay) but I would probably look at other locations first.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled solo
Juli P, Director of Revenue Management at Sheraton Myrtle Beach Convention Center Hotel, responded to this review, September 21, 2013
Good Morning Grizinator. Thank you for taking the time to write your review. We really appreciate the feedback. We are happy to hear you enjoyed the facility, staff and your stay in Myrtle Beach. The facilities fee is a tax included in all room rates but is paid directly to the hotel rather than to the 3rd party website. Very sorry that this was not addressed at the time of check in. We do hope you will be staying with us again soon. Thanks again for your review. Have a great day.
Fort St. John, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 5, 2013

We booked this property thru our holiday club(time share) as part of a reward program. We wanted to see someplace different, and did exactly that. It was part of our second half of our holiday, and was a nice relaxing place to stay. The room was a standard for this type of hotel, not fancy, but clean and quiet, service was good, little things thru out stay, but quickly rectified.
The plumbing in the sink and tub could use updating,as drainage was painfully slow. The bed was comfortable, wife loved the pillows. Would have been nice for a better view, but luck of the draw? For the average person, could be somewhat pricy, but not bad. Could use better dining options, but is only a block away from a great selection of restaurants. I would stay again.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Good morning DOONORTH, thank you very much for the great review, we're very happy that we met your expectations & very much look forward to having you come back & stay with us again soon. Have a fabulous weekend, Juli

Been to Sheraton Myrtle Beach Convention Center Hotel? Share your experiences!