“Very Friendly Staff” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #68 of 214 Hotels in Myrtle Beach
Atlanta, Georgia, United States
“Very Friendly Staff”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 26, 2013

The staff at the Sheraton was very firendly; we got in very late and there was this crazy girl at the counter complaining there was no kitchen in her room (this was not the sort of hotel that would have a kitchen) and I had to wait a while to check in. The lady at the front desk offered me free parking for the inconvenience! Also, I lost my car key while I was there and the entire staff was very helpful in trying to find it.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
JuliPray, Manager at Sheraton Myrtle Beach Convention Center Hotel, responded to this review, April 5, 2013
Good afternoon Andrea G, thank you so much for leaving us a great review! We're thrilled that you enjoyed your stay & found our staff friendly & helpful. We hope to have you back with us soon & have a great day! Juli Pray-Revenue Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (165)
New York City, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 20, 2013

This hotel is not right on the water as many of the other large hotels are and honestly I think that makes it better. While water view rooms at the other hotels would have a view of darkness at night, this one has a great view of the whole strip of Myrtle Beach with all its lights and attractions. Its only about 2-3 blocks from the beach so definitely a reasonable walk. The room was clean and comfortable with the only minor complaint being that of a bed that was a bit too soft for our liking, though that's only a concern for those that enjoy a firm bed. The staff was nice and professional and there is an attached parking garage that is fairly convenient.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
JuliPray, Manager at Sheraton Myrtle Beach Convention Center Hotel, responded to this review, March 22, 2013
Good afternoon TimDog77, thank you very much for leaving us a great review! It is very nice to hear how our guest feel when they stay with us & to receive feedback. It is our hope that you will come back soon & stay again. Have a great weekend, Juli Pray - Revenue Manager
New Jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 18, 2013

We stayed here from 3/15-3/17/13 for a cheerleading competition. Al staff members were courteous and efficient, from check in/front desk, to housekeeping, to the bellmen and the coffee shop. The proximity to the convention center was so convenient, yet just a few blocks from the beach as well. The room was clean and comfortable with ample counter space in the bathroom.

It was easy to get a taxi to get anywhere and the fares were reasonable-take note, there's no additional charge if the children you are with are 14 and under.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Good afternoon kids3dog, thank you so very much for taking time to write us a great review! We're thrilled that you enjoyed your time here with the Cheer Limited competition & as a guest of ours. We do sincerely hope that you will stay with us again for next years competition & even before if you need a vacation. Have a great day! Juli Pray - Revenue Manager
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 18, 2013

The Sheraton hotel is conveniently located about a mile from the beach. The hotel is modern, spacious and extremely clean.

Booked a room on a incredible spring break discount. The room is spacious, well furnished and modern. Great job done keeping everything looking great. My room overlooks a forested area- perfect !

I booked in an hour earlier than expected but was quickly helped and booked in by the concierge. Job well done. Only found valet to be slow- I parked in front of the lobby and had to walk in to find them. I expected them to offload my 4bags and bring it up to my room. No such luck- did it myself.

In their defense the hotel was busy. But something to look at. I always prefer to be greeted and all my bags taken as I pull up. I'm tired enough from traveling

• Stayed March 2013
Good afternoon Wilddawg, thank you so very much for writing us a fabulous review! We appreciate your feedback & apologize for the delay with valet & bell services. We do sincerely hope that you will come back & stay with us soon. Have a great day! Juli Pray - Revenue Manager
Charlotte, North Carolina
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 15, 2013

I spent two nights at this property. I was upgrade to a junior suite, which included a living area and private balcony looking out to the beach. One warning is that this hotel is about 4 blocks or so walk from the oceanfront.

Given this is a convention center property it is very busy. It can take time waiting on elevators, especially this trip with one of four not function during my two night stay.

The one bad part about this hotel is the parking deck. The deck is the only parking and it is really not convenient to the hotel. It is not connected to the hotel, so you have to walk through the main driveway area to get between the hotel and garage. This may not be a too bad, expect this place is busy and the amount of vehicle traffic is heavy.

I did not utilize the restaurants or meeting facilities. I can say that they had multiple food options and even a little coffee / pastry shop. In addition, they have a nice gift shop with drinks, snacks and those items you left at home.

Overall, a good stay and would stay at this property again, when in MB. Even though it is 4 blocks to the ocean, the big attraction is not having to get stuck in all that Ocean Blvd traffic trying to get to and from your hotel.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
JuliPray, Manager at Sheraton Myrtle Beach Convention Center Hotel, responded to this review, March 21, 2013
Good afternoon Lv2Ctheworld, Thank you so much for taking time to write us such a fabulous review. We are so delighted that you enjoyed your stay with us. We appreciate the feedback on the garage, & the elevator challenges. We sincerely hope this won't defer you from returning & being our guest again. We are happy that you enjoyed your upgrade & had great sleep quality. Thanks again & hope to see you soon. Juli Pray - Revenue Manager
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 11, 2013

The room was very nice and clean. Nice decor. The parking is not the most convenient and cost $8.00. Our room was in a location we would walk out the door to the fitness center and swimming pool. The fitness center was larger that most I have seen anywhere.. The pool was heated and well maintained. The web sight we booked from saved us about 50 on the room. The beds had four pillows on each bed. The pillows were of a very high quality. Would stay here again. Usually waterfront wins out but if that is not required, stay at the Sheraton.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
JuliPray, Manager at Sheraton Myrtle Beach Convention Center Hotel, responded to this review, March 12, 2013
Good afternoon 123manipulator, thank you so very much for taking time to write us a great review. We're thrilled that you liked our fitness center which is Core Performance by Sheraton, along with our sweet sleeper pillows & indoor heated pool. These are definitely great amenities to have & we're excited when our guests mention how much they like them. We hope to have you back to stay with us again real soon. Juli Pray
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 9, 2013 via mobile

I went here for a marriage retreat, after they messed up our room I had to have them change the sheets on our bed it had what look like food smeard on the sheets and then make-up on the pillow case. They changed the sheets but they didn't touch the duvet that also had a large brown smudge. There dinner was good that night but at breakfast the next morning they had Orange juice milk and coffee, I asked for water and I was told that they didn't have any more water, I can't drink milk or coffee but I tried the orange juice and it was horrible.

• Stayed March 2013
Good afternoon graloveable, thank you very much for taking time to write us a review. We're sorry you experienced some challenges while staying with us. We appreciate you bringing the linen issue to our attention so that we could get it fixed for you. As for the breakfast I can assure you we've never run out of water, so I'm sorry you were told that had. Thanks again & have a great day, Juli Pray

Been to Sheraton Myrtle Beach Convention Center Hotel? Share your experiences!